Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 02:38 PM

1 posts, read 5,389 times

Advertisements

We are looking for some information on the home builders in both cinco ranch and seven meadows. Any one out there knowing any postives or negatives, we would appreciate your feedback. At this time we are considering having a home built by Pulte in seven meadows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2007, 07:25 PM

5,447 posts, read 7,743,493 times
For information on any national builder you really need to go to the "Homeowners for Better Building" (hobb.com) web site which tracks problems and issues with all the various big builders. There are stories there that will make your hair stand on end. Search for Pulte for any articles or comments on that builder.

HomeOwners for Better Building - Home

Old 06-05-2007, 09:57 AM

564 posts, read 2,045,851 times
Katy (or the Katyland area) is indeed quite diverse. You have the wealthier subdivisions (or communities if you will) of Cinco Ranch and Grand Lakes (plus the rapidly growing Seven Meadows area) and then you have quite a few quaint older communities north of I-10 (the Katy Freeway). Even in Katy proper, there are some very quiet neighborhoods.

The questions you need to ask yourself are:

1) How much are you willing to spend for a house?

2) How much are you willing to spend a month in property taxes (relatively speaking, property taxes in Texas tend to be a little high)?

3) How much of a commute are you willing to make? Time? Distance (this is important because the Katy Freeway is the primary artery into the city and it is currently mired in construction--although the West Park Tollway is becoming a strong secondary artery)?

4) What kind of landscape do you enjoy (Katy doesn't have the tree cover that other parts of Houston has but even with that some areas have a good amount of tree cover, creating a year-round green canopy; also, most of Houston is pretty flat but the terrain is cut up by a lot of winding bayous and creeks).

So there you go. In general, Katy is very comfortable, safe and affordable area but that doesn't mean that you still shouldn't shop around. Also, check out HAR.com and do a search by zip code (Katy area zip codes) to get an idea of what type of house is typically available at what price.

Good luck and sincerest welcomes to Houston!

Old 03-26-2008, 12:44 PM

2 posts, read 8,572 times
Default Good choice

Hi,

We moved from the Long Beach area in 2007, and have found a beautiful new home in a great neighborhood - Firethorne - for a fraction of the price of an old house in SoCal. As a resl estate agent, I am glad we moved when we did.

My son and his wife also moved to Texas about the same time. Even though they are both professionals, they were finding it hard to find affordable housing.

I'll send you a free Relocation Package, telling you more about the area, schools, shopping, etc.

The construction industry is strong here, so jobs in that industry should be available.

So many people have said, "Welcome to Katy - I hope you like it here." I highly recommend it.

Mary Litschewski
Mary-L@kw.com

Old 03-26-2008, 01:04 PM

6 posts, read 22,448 times
What are some nice communities, with affordable houses ($150,000-200,000)?

Old 04-25-2008, 08:50 AM

1 posts, read 5,093 times
Default Affordable housing

Quote:
Originally Posted by shani9 View Post
What are some nice communities, with affordable houses ($150,000-200,000)?
There are a lot of communities with housing within the range that you seek. You can look up har.com for current listings. If you are looking for newer houses and more diversity consider south of Rt 10 and west of Rt 99. Cinco Ranch would be a great bet.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:38 AM

2 posts, read 8,813 times
Hello Congratulations! Hope all goes smoothly for ya'll. We're west of Katy, in Fulshear, and there are subdivision popping up everywhere. Most of the land here has been bought for developement so with all of the building your husband should have plenty of job opportunities. You picked a good area of town to move into because of the growth. There are lots of good restaurants in Katy and basically everything houston has is coming out this way. My fav. parts though are finding the locally owned businesses that are still in the area. Congrats on this new part of your life!

Old 10-11-2009, 08:42 AM

7 posts, read 15,662 times
I am a white, single again ( been through the big D), 45 year old healthcare professional with an opportunity to work at the healthcare facility in Katy. Being single, I am into the social scene, and I am not talking about the 20-30 scene; I am more established and the 20/30's are now history. I get the feel Katy is more family oriented which is fine. I was there at one time in my life. Most people are directing me toward Houston ie the Woodlands. There is only one problem--- lots of traffic. Since I have to be within 20-30 minutes of the hospital, I would not be able to live in Houston. If anyone has any recommendations, I would appreciate it. Just to note, I know nothing about Texas; this is all brand new to me since I am relocating from Nashville, TN.

Old 09-20-2010, 04:52 PM

2 posts, read 8,225 times
hello i

Old 09-20-2010, 04:56 PM

2 posts, read 8,225 times
Hello iam looking for some imformation about katy positive or negative feedback i would like o move to tx . Iam assistent teacher in public school in ma, i have two youngs children . Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston