Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 10:51 PM

2,187 posts, read 3,214,982 times

Advertisements

What new high school? The new school is far from from veranda. If they get sent anywhere else than LCHS than that’s blatant rezoning
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2019, 07:42 PM

1,478 posts, read 1,512,946 times
Randle High School is at FM2977 and Koeblen. It’s supposed to be relieving George Ranch but they’ll have to stack it with desirable enough communities to get parents to agree to leave GR.

Old 10-19-2019, 10:58 AM

1,743 posts, read 3,818,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugLandDAd View Post
Johnson Development has lots of pull....it would not shock me if Veranda was rezoned in the next year or two.

Something realtors say when selling houses zoned to unappealing schools......... akin to the "Disney has been looking at land near Katy" that was going around when Cinco Ranch was first being developed.
I don't think you read my entire response. What I said was the truth, they do have pull. I also said I would not buy a home in Veranda. Therefore, I am not pumping Veranda, as I would not buy a home there.

Old 06-06-2020, 03:38 PM

17 posts, read 25,876 times
Default veranda flooding?

Hi I am from out of state and looking for a home in veranda/aliana. I was leaning towards veranda because it is closer to the highway and no toll and close to sugarland. Also the prices are relatively lower in veranda. I am wondering, even though there is a levee, if veranda is safe from flooding from brazos given its close proximity (it is right next to the levee). Any experience or advice and any suggestions on other development areas to look in is greatly appreciated!

Old 06-09-2020, 10:41 AM

305 posts, read 265,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainkurj View Post
Hi I am from out of state and looking for a home in veranda/aliana. I was leaning towards veranda because it is closer to the highway and no toll and close to sugarland. Also the prices are relatively lower in veranda. I am wondering, even though there is a levee, if veranda is safe from flooding from brazos given its close proximity (it is right next to the levee). Any experience or advice and any suggestions on other development areas to look in is greatly appreciated!
Anywhere in this general area has the ability to flood, and it doesn't take a tropical storm for that to happen. If high school isn't an issue, I'd go with Veranda. I lived in Aliana from 2008-2012. There was a lot of home break-ins out there back then, usually through the master bathroom window.

Old 06-23-2020, 10:40 PM

thanks- does veranda/ richmond qualify for homestead exemption? have you seen your tax appraised value of your home shoot up like it has in other areas? I am trying to calculate roughly what my tax bill would be if I purchased a new construction in veranda and not get sticker shock on the taxes rising really fast . any help is appreciated

Old 06-24-2020, 09:04 AM

1,940 posts, read 3,562,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtxg View Post
Anywhere in this general area has the ability to flood, and it doesn't take a tropical storm for that to happen. If high school isn't an issue, I'd go with Veranda. I lived in Aliana from 2008-2012. There was a lot of home break-ins out there back then, usually through the master bathroom window.
Aliana was too nice and too close to Alief. Are the break-ins why you left? Curious where you went next.
I love that area, but it just seems so inconvenient to transportation and the airports/downtown. Did you feel like it was too far out from some things but not far enough from others?

Is the prison still active in that area? I remember the "don't pick up hitchhikers" signs out there before the development wave.

Old 06-24-2020, 09:49 AM

305 posts, read 265,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtemtym View Post
Aliana was too nice and too close to Alief. Are the break-ins why you left? Curious where you went next.
I love that area, but it just seems so inconvenient to transportation and the airports/downtown. Did you feel like it was too far out from some things but not far enough from others?

Is the prison still active in that area? I remember the "don't pick up hitchhikers" signs out there before the development wave.
When I bought there I was the first person to close on a house. I had to move in a hurry so I probably didn't do enough homework. It is really close to less-than-desirable areas (for someone spending $300k+ on a house in the suburbs). I moved because too many people were getting their homes broken in to. I didn't make money on the house, and frankly didn't care.

I never cared about the commute into Houston since I don't work in the city. For weekend things, it really wasn't so bad - just use Westpark Tollroad. The prison is still operating, though that never bothered me, nor was it ever an issue the time I lived there. Harvest Green is literally right across the street from a prison unit and it doesn't seem to affect people buying there.

I ended up moving to another neighborhood in Richmond Creekside Ranch - knowing it would be a short term move for me (near Foster High School). Aliana was definitely way nicer than here, but like I said, I knew it would be short term. I purchased a lot in Weston Lakes and will be building a house there in the next year or so. Current house, I'll either sell (if I don't lose a lot) or just rent it out for a few years.

Old 06-25-2020, 02:01 PM

2,187 posts, read 3,214,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston321 View Post
I don't think you read my entire response. What I said was the truth, they do have pull. I also said I would not buy a home in Veranda. Therefore, I am not pumping Veranda, as I would not buy a home there.
First glance Vernada isnt going over as there are neighborhoods on the opposite side that are being moved over.

They’ll get Lamar rebuilt at worst

Old 06-29-2020, 07:04 PM

is LCISD really that bad and how badly would it affect resale values down the road do you think? Are there other neighborhoods nearby not in a flood zone that have realtively new construction homes?

Is aliana/harvest green the best bet in richmond otherwise (given the prices are appreciated already)

really trying to decide where to buy in the 400k or less range
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston