Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2021, 06:35 AM

81 posts, read 107,849 times

Advertisements

I think it is designed to look like a eastern bloc labyrinth…everywhere literally looks the same to me and the commercial areas aside from the waterway resembles more like Spring than a high income city. I feel like Katy, Cinco Ranch, Cypress, and Sugar Land definitely deliver a more upper class look and are more convenient to Houston. (Cypress is far but you don’t have to take I45 Also, it has I45 lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2021, 09:15 AM

15,456 posts, read 7,511,039 times
The really cool thing is you don't have to live in The Woodlands, or even visit there. The people I know who live there, love it.

Old 11-13-2021, 10:38 AM

18,132 posts, read 25,304,323 times
Everywhere has pros and cons
The pros are obvious
In my opinion … the worst thing about The Woodlands is that kids grow up there basically grow up in a bubble
Once they step out of there, everything is going to look like crap to them

Old 11-13-2021, 05:29 PM

390 posts, read 390,008 times
I thought the woodlands was absolutely beautiful when I visited for the first time in January. It was one month before the cold storm that hit and it was packed with people outdoors and people were kayaking. It was probably the most beautiful area I've seen in texas

Old 11-13-2021, 08:19 PM

511 posts, read 401,148 times
The Woodlands to me sounds like a pine-curtained island of White flight bubble where boring Tahoe-driving soccer moms are scared of riff-raff of the inner-city Houston and complain about how ugly everything looks over there... Most of the homes look like your typical, cookie-cutter Centex sh*tbox that you see anywhere in the Eastern half of the state. No way I would live there.

Old 11-14-2021, 07:40 AM

9,907 posts, read 6,617,073 times
The Woodlands is getting an In N Out. Californians will like the woodlands a little more now

Old 11-14-2021, 08:08 AM

11,836 posts, read 8,033,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
The Woodlands is getting an In N Out. Californians will like the woodlands a little more now
I guess I’m one who never understood the appeal of In-n-Out and Whataburger moreso than the allure of Woodlands.

Old 11-14-2021, 08:39 AM

1,514 posts, read 1,795,988 times
I love the Woodlands and would strongly consider living there if I didn't work in the Energy Corridor (having said that - many of my colleagues do live in the Woodlands and put up with the miserable commute because they love it so much).

IMO it blows every other Houston suburb away in terms of offering a consistent, thoughtfully-designed aesthetic, lots of natural beauty, great homes at a variety of price points, and amenities such as the Woodlands Resort and the Pavillion that are destinations in their own right. The only thing that works against it is its distance from Houston.

Old 11-14-2021, 12:02 PM

9,907 posts, read 6,617,073 times
The Woodlands has been improving a lot as of late. I personally thought the Woodlands was what it would be but it’s been moving forward. Attracting high end retailers like Louis, Channel and Tiffany’s. High end steakhouses like Mastro’s. The Woodlands before was that boujee suburb that didn’t have the shopping or dining to back the boujee status. That’s changing. In N Out is one of those rare brands that instantly makes a certain demographic like the area more. The town center overall has found ways to improve. Hughes Landing also appears to be improving. HP’s recent move to the area brought in a new workforce and HPE will expand on that next year. Disney Channel’s transmit center as well.

All in all, the Woodlands isn’t my cup of tea but it’s great for people who like it. If I were to move to the suburbs, I would rather Katy because it’s more international but I would definitely envy the Woodlands natural beauty.

Old 11-14-2021, 06:33 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,903,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwarnecke View Post
I love the Woodlands and would strongly consider living there if I didn't work in the Energy Corridor (having said that - many of my colleagues do live in the Woodlands and put up with the miserable commute because they love it so much).

IMO it blows every other Houston suburb away in terms of offering a consistent, thoughtfully-designed aesthetic, lots of natural beauty, great homes at a variety of price points, and amenities such as the Woodlands Resort and the Pavillion that are destinations in their own right. The only thing that works against it is its distance from Houston.
Agreed. Its a great place if you work on the north end of town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston