Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2021, 07:44 PM

509 posts, read 736,098 times

Advertisements

Too many people want to live in The Woodlands as it is. If you don't get the appeal, that's good. Live somewhere else. Maybe prices would be more reasonable there is the lazy consensus answer to start every thread in which outsider wanted to know which Houston suburb to pick wasn't always "The Woodlands".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2021, 02:11 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,764,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston parent View Post
Too many people want to live in The Woodlands as it is. If you don't get the appeal, that's good. Live somewhere else. Maybe prices would be more reasonable there is the lazy consensus answer to start every thread in which outsider wanted to know which Houston suburb to pick wasn't always "The Woodlands".
Saying it’s not a great place to live and wanting to live somewhere else is two different things. Most non biased and reasonable folks would understand that.

Old 12-28-2021, 07:52 AM

8,354 posts, read 5,514,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston parent View Post
I dont think it is.

Sugar Land, Katy, and Pearland are just as suggested as the Woodlands, but it depends on the person. It is beautiful up there, but I dont think I could live up there. I would be a huge misfit.

Old 12-28-2021, 08:02 AM

8,506 posts, read 4,750,085 times
I wouldn’t say The Woodlands is eastern bloc like the OP said, but it is very contrived and doesn’t hide it. I don’t think The Woodlands would care much for me either.

Old 12-28-2021, 08:02 AM

225 posts, read 136,125 times
The Woodlands is a wonderful place to live. I wish I could move there but the location doesn't work for us. In terms of layout, aesthetics, and amenities, it's far better than any of the other major Houston suburbs.

Old 12-28-2021, 01:14 PM

3,169 posts, read 2,057,357 times
It's basically a big suburb with more trees than the other Houston suburbs. It's nice, but not my cup of tea for a variety of reasons, including current and future design, traffic, accessibility, demographics, and the fact that the major freeway that serves it is 45. I definitely understand why the people that like master-planned communities love it though - its a good example of one in many ways - its the Reston, VA of the South.

Old 12-28-2021, 02:08 PM

9,904 posts, read 6,612,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
It's basically a big suburb with more trees than the other Houston suburbs. It's nice, but not my cup of tea for a variety of reasons, including current and future design, traffic, accessibility, demographics, and the fact that the major freeway that serves it is 45. I definitely understand why the people that like master-planned communities love it though - its a good example of one in many ways - its the Reston, VA of the South.
I’m not the biggest fan of the woodlands but it’s definitely a lot more than just that. On site access to fine dining, on site high paying jobs, Cynthia woods pavilion (bringing A level acts), best suburban mall in the region along with the biggest concentration of high end shopping in the metro outside of River Oaks/Uptown. Other suburbs only offer a couple of those usually.

I would personally prefer Katy, Sugar Land, Pearland, etc because (similar to the reason I like Houston in the first place), they’re both more international.

Old 12-28-2021, 04:00 PM

1,168 posts, read 778,839 times
I agree with Mr. Clutch. Take away the trees and I don't think it's all that appealing of a place to live.

Old 12-28-2021, 05:00 PM

15,441 posts, read 7,506,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frustratedintelligence View Post
I agree with Mr. Clutch. Take away the trees and I don't think it's all that appealing of a place to live.
But TW has trees, and there are no plans to get rid of them. Katy has about 3 trees(OK, maybe 5), it's a tree desert. It's not nearly as attractive as the Woodlands. If I had to pick, I would take TW. And I say that with my parents having lived there for 40 years.

Old 12-28-2021, 05:47 PM

9,904 posts, read 6,612,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
But TW has trees, and there are no plans to get rid of them. Katy has about 3 trees(OK, maybe 5), it's a tree desert. It's not nearly as attractive as the Woodlands. If I had to pick, I would take TW. And I say that with my parents having lived there for 40 years.
Though I prefer Katy, I definitely envied The Woodlands natural beauty when I lived there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston