Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2022, 08:24 AM

24,057 posts, read 15,174,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Who cares about a yard? That’s the least of it. You only have to exist to benefit from immigrant labor. Who built the schools you went to and sent your children to? Who works 12+ hours straight daily in kitchens where you eat moderately priced ethnic foods? Who maintains your office clean? They’re everywhere whether you like it or not.

That said, if you’re still against illegal immigration as a whole, that’s fine but don’t pretend you’ll have to pay more and work harder to obtain the current luxuries you enjoy.
Who said they were against immigrant labor? We are just telling why houses in Texas are cheaper.

Border towns in Texas sent schools buses to pick up kids at the bridge for most of my life. My county hospital district has been the birthing center for moms from across the border since I was a kid.

Half the construction workers in Texas are undocumented. Texans are fed by the food processing plants employ them.

The governor suddenly sending troops to the border is BS. He does not want to stop anybody. If he did, Texas would license contractors. And inspect food processing plants.

IMO, the governor needs to send the guard to the Red and Sabine rivers. Stop all those oil people form coming here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2022, 09:27 AM

9,987 posts, read 6,692,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Who said they were against immigrant labor? We are just telling why houses in Texas are cheaper.

Border towns in Texas sent schools buses to pick up kids at the bridge for most of my life. My county hospital district has been the birthing center for moms from across the border since I was a kid.

Half the construction workers in Texas are undocumented. Texans are fed by the food processing plants employ them.

The governor suddenly sending troops to the border is BS. He does not want to stop anybody. If he did, Texas would license contractors. And inspect food processing plants.

IMO, the governor needs to send the guard to the Red and Sabine rivers. Stop all those oil people form coming here.
Obviously, you didn’t read the conversation right above. It wasn’t in response to you

Old 04-27-2022, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
The reason for that is that houses are made with lower quality
After 10 years, people have to spend a bunch of money fixing all the crp that is falling apart
That has been my experience. The Craftsman bungalow built in 1916 we bought in Webster Groves was in far better shape than the new spec house we had to buy in the city of Rockwall, TX.

Old 04-27-2022, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
The new houses built in 2000 by large national builders live up to t heir reputation,they are well built,mine is built in 2003,the only problem is minor electric wiring in my bedroom.
also with subdivision,there is a receiving pond which will gather all the water and send it downstream,the design is better for modern living,a fireplace,a den,walk in closet,2 door garage,separate washer/dryer room,water heater,central A/C ,cant complain for the price I paid
About 25 years ago some lawyers in the Metroplex got screwed by a builder. They formed a group, Sick of Bad Builders to lean on the state. It did no good. But the home inspectors used by buyers started to insist on better quality. That had a positive effect on homebuilding for the whole, state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston