Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 07:39 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,991,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
If you have $3.5 Million, his house is on the market:

2293 E Bayshore, San Leon, TX 77539
He's reduced the price - several months ago I think it was like $6M
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 07:40 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,991,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Now THAT'S a McMansion!
I thought a McMansion was when you build a huge home on a standard subdivision lot and the home took the entire lot while the rest of the neighborhood all had standard sized homes with same size lawns.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:41 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,408,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
He's reduced the price - several months ago I think it was like $6M
Was it on the market before Ike?

Old 10-23-2008, 07:42 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,514,940 times
The thing about Houston is that the celebrities that are there do not tirelessly advertise thenselves like in certain other cities (Miami, LA NYC) The city of Houston also does not actively tell the world what celebrities are there as if it is a selling point or something. Houston is known for its great people, great economy and great lifestyle, not some (usually useless) celebrity that happens to reside there.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:11 PM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,680,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
I thought a McMansion was when you build a huge home on a standard subdivision lot and the home took the entire lot while the rest of the neighborhood all had standard sized homes with same size lawns.
Yeah, I think we can safely take the "Mc" off that one. It could really benefit from better landscaping, though. The lawn looks puny. A bunch of grass and some sparse trees doesn't do the house justice.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:01 PM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 8,119,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
The thing about Houston is that the celebrities that are there do not tirelessly advertise thenselves like in certain other cities (Miami, LA NYC) The city of Houston also does not actively tell the world what celebrities are there as if it is a selling point or something. Houston is known for its great people, great economy and great lifestyle, not some (usually useless) celebrity that happens to reside there.
thats a "No" in old hag linggo

Old 10-24-2008, 06:57 AM

156 posts, read 511,229 times
About 4 years ago my mother-in-law was visiting because our twins were just born. One morning she went to pick up my then 4 yr old from preschool and got in a minor accident on the way home. She didn't own a cell phone but a gentleman in a white jaguar who witnessed the whole thing had pulled over and let her borrow his. She called me to let me know what had happened and that everyone was OK. Later that afternoon a police officer came to the house to ask her questions about the accident. He asked her, "Do you have any idea who that gentleman in the white jaguar was?" After replying she had no clue, he told her it was Frank Beard, the drummer for ZZ Top. Of course that was completely lost on her, but I ran over to my phone to check my Caller ID, and sure enough his cell number was on there. I saved it for months too... He lives in Richmond, TX.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:08 AM

1,290 posts, read 5,436,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Now THAT'S a McMansion!
I'm pretty sure that qualifies for a regular old, run of the mill, old fashioned mansion. Without the Mc.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:54 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,197,088 times
Beyonce was just in Sugarland recently visiting her sister.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:56 AM

530 posts, read 2,036,342 times
I thought the Knowles family was an inner-city family? Sellouts :P BTW, she is here often... this is her home city, where as far as I know her entire family lives and attends church. They go to a black Methodist church downtown... can't think of the name of it off the top of my head, but Beyonce has been known to sing there. Nowadays she probably doesn't give any prior notice, though. Imagine the crowds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston