Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 10:45 AM

3,073 posts, read 11,575,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetti0 View Post
I am glad you made your decision. Nothing like a person who knows their own mind! I am for that! Personally I am a Deist who is a Republican who supports animal rights, womens rights, minority rights, gay rights, children's right, freedom of religion, pro choice, no prayer in school, stem cell, no unions, low taxes , Great foreign policy, the Great Lone Star State, and Blue Bell Ice Cream.
I would not have made all of that information public if I were you lol.

Old 04-05-2007, 10:48 AM

244 posts, read 1,092,712 times
As a native Chicagoan, I can say without a doubt you are seriously disillutioned if you truly believe Houston, let alone any Texas city has anything on Chicago.

True, there may be a crime problem, the cost of living may be higher, and the job opportunities less plentiful, but Chicago has got Houston beat in terms of urban feel, things to do, and a much better mass transit system.

Houston has better weather, but Chicago is just a more advanced city.

Old 04-05-2007, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTSASTUD View Post
As a native Chicagoan, I can say without a doubt you are seriously disillutioned if you truly believe Houston, let alone any Texas city has anything on Chicago.

True, there may be a crime problem, the cost of living may be higher, and the job opportunities less plentiful, but Chicago has got Houston beat in terms of urban feel, things to do, and a much better mass transit system.

Well we'll see how long that remains true , and "Houston has better weather?" That's the first time I've heard that. Anyhow, Chicago is a better big city, but not a better city. Houston has a lot to offer that Chicago doesn't.

Old 04-05-2007, 02:14 PM

321 posts, read 1,440,622 times
[quote=LongHornGuy86;539471]As a native Chicagoan, I can say without a doubt you are seriously disillutioned if you truly believe Houston, let alone any Texas city has anything on Chicago.

QUOTE]

Native Chicogoan... Well that says it all!

Old 04-05-2007, 02:17 PM

Default the gift that keeps on giving

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
I would not have made all of that information public if I were you lol.
Did I also mention I support "Little peoples" rights? Like our former DA and city council person Joe Roach? Not to mention Retirement communities for retired ice skaters.

Old 04-05-2007, 07:40 PM

2,703 posts, read 3,417,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongHornGuy86 View Post

Texas, as a state, is much better off than Chicago...hell Illinois. There are two Illinois', the Chicago one, and everyone else.

Old 04-05-2007, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla View Post
Texas, as a state, is much better off than Chicago...hell Illinois. There are two Illinois', the Chicago one, and everyone else.
Preach!...

Old 04-06-2007, 07:59 AM

Default Chicago tan

I like the tan I get in Chicago

Old 04-08-2007, 09:25 PM

275 posts, read 836,446 times
im from chicago, i cant STAND the weather in houston. ive been there in like every month. im sad that my kids might not get the opportunity to go sledding, build snow men, and smell the crisp clean winter air when we move to houston. it also feels weird to have the air conditioning in december. but hey, my skin is not as dry in houston (but then theres the weird farmers tan that NEVER goes away in houston).

also, the city of houston may or may not be conservative, but i have not found ppl to be as open in places that arent so far off (like conroe). if ure republican, i think u will be more likely to find like-minded ppl in Tx. i, on the other hand, am extremely liberal when it comes to certain issues and know that when i move to houston, i'm going to have to be more careful about saying things i would have had no problem saying in chicago. i would definitely feel a lot more comfortable criticizing bush's foreign policy at ohare compared to george bush international (standing next to his statue).

i dont think ppl in chicago look at the south as being poor, really. there are a lot of poor ppl all over the country. but yes, i think there are stereotypes about racism, etc which are not entirely true. but then again.... i was at the galleria just a few months ago and was treated to a guy riding around in a truck with a huge sign that basically said "go home _____" (insert my minority category there). hmmm and that was at the galleria. fortunately i will be around more educated ppl when i come down there (ie ppl who will not flaunt their hatred--if they have any--at work since there would be other consequences and they have a lot at stake) . i for one, having spent a lot of time in houston, have not really experienced "southern hospitality" while there.

Old 04-08-2007, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtohouston2 View Post
i for one, having spent a lot of time in houston, have not really experienced "southern hospitality" while there.
LOL, well that's because there's a common misconception of Houston being a traditional southern city. This is H/O/U/S/T/O/N! Welcome to the post-"New South".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston