Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 12:17 PM

3,333 posts, read 9,176,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Remember that outsiders are producing the show and they are probably thinking of the Beltway as the Loop. I'm sure that's confounding to people who aren't from here.

Cool! A new breed of Houstonian, the "InnerBelter". LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 12:28 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,932,502 times
That has a ring...those that live between 610 and 8. Now that they have a nickname bring on the haters.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:47 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,203,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
That has a ring...those that live between 610 and 8. Now that they have a nickname bring on the haters.
That IS a ring. In fact, I like "the Ringers".

Old 07-28-2010, 12:52 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,932,502 times
Can't remember which poster made the analogy to a doughnut.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:47 PM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,686,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
Yeah, a state of mind you're probably glad you left behind.
I didn't leave it behind. I found more of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
That IS a ring. In fact, I like "the Ringers".
Nah... sounds like a horror movie!

Old 07-29-2010, 12:03 PM

1,416 posts, read 4,439,977 times
The house they are building is in Knollwood Village, so at least now they are ITL.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:09 PM

571 posts, read 1,282,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelguy_73 View Post
The house they are building is in Knollwood Village, so at least now they are ITL.
Yeah, I'd heard they were building a house in a nicer part of Houston in the Loop. I swear I think I saw here one day driving toward the TMC down Fannin downtown. It was the same black Audi SUV that she drives. The person driving (for lack of a better description) looked REALLLLY tiny...

...it took a few minutes after she passed to realize who I (potentially) had just seen...

Old 07-29-2010, 08:23 PM

225 posts, read 597,577 times
Cool, I love that show. I missed that ep though.

She actually delivered my friend's triplets. They showed it in one of the eps, I think it was called "Houston We Have a Problem." My friend said Dr. Arnold was really super cool.

I hope being on a reality TV show doesn't change them, as has happened with some other TLC personalities I could name. :/

Old 07-30-2010, 01:10 AM

239 posts, read 639,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaedra_p View Post
I hope being on a reality TV show doesn't change them, as has happened with some other TLC personalities I could name. :/
I think Mr. Klein and Dr. Arnold will be okay.

Most other reality shows feature people who have little to no talent and who are trying to become rich and famous via TV and that delusion is what leads to their downfall. If their show goes away, typically so does their fame and fortune. That's what makes them famewhores doing everything they can to keep the spotlight on them and the money coming in, and that it is ultimately what changes them.

But Bill and Jen both already have solid careers and a strong sense of self and don't need TV to make them successful or to feel special. It's just one comparatively minor aspect of their lives and aso odds are good that they won't have a need to go out famewhoring to keep the spotlight tuned on and the gravy train rolling after their show has run its course.

The Little Couple show makes Houston look good, both literally and figuratively.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:55 AM

249 posts, read 561,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GettaClue View Post
I think Mr. Klein and Dr. Arnold will be okay.

Most other reality shows feature people who have little to no talent and who are trying to become rich and famous via TV and that delusion is what leads to their downfall. If their show goes away, typically so does their fame and fortune. That's what makes them famewhores doing everything they can to keep the spotlight on them and the money coming in, and that it is ultimately what changes them.

But Bill and Jen both already have solid careers and a strong sense of self and don't need TV to make them successful or to feel special. It's just one comparatively minor aspect of their lives and aso odds are good that they won't have a need to go out famewhoring to keep the spotlight tuned on and the gravy train rolling after their show has run its course.

The Little Couple show makes Houston look good, both literally and figuratively.
My wife is a Peds resident at Baylor/TCH, so she works with Jen Arnold off and on. She says Jen is one of the nicest people, and is very good about making sure that if anyone doesn't want to be on camera she'll send the crew away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston