Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 08:31 AM

9,053 posts, read 17,192,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesprecious09 View Post
I would say Dallas...

I just came back from Houston and wasn't that impressed, Houston has it's nice parts, and some homes are VERY nice but overall some of the people are dirty and some are stuck on stupid while some are very friendly.
Huh? Where did you go that the people are dirty? Are the ones that are stupid unfriendly, while the ones that are smart are friendly?
Let me see....some areas of the city are very nice, while other parts are not as nice. Some of the people are different from others in the city. I can see why you would be turned off by Houston. Do you live in Stepford?

Old 12-31-2009, 09:48 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,730,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyhawk View Post
Great assessment...Move to Dallas because the people are clean and smart. Unless you mean dirty as in nasty. There are quite a few adult bookstores still around.
I never got the impression that one city was smarter than the other.

Old 12-31-2009, 01:43 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,981,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyhawk View Post
Great assessment...Move to Dallas because the people are clean and smart. Unless you mean dirty as in nasty. There are quite a few adult bookstores still around.
Wow...just wow.

Houston has Rice University, which is one of the most prestigious universities in the nation, even more so than SMU. People who graduate from Rice there are super smart.

Yes, there are TONS of adult book stores all over the city as well as XXX video stores next to churches. If you can't get used to that, then you don't need to be living in Houston in the first place.

If those things offend you, then yes, Dallas is a little more conservative in that area.

Houston isn't a city for the faint of heart.

Old 12-31-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Wow...just wow.

Houston has Rice University, which is one of the most prestigious universities in the nation, even more so than SMU. People who graduate from Rice there are super smart.

Yes, there are TONS of adult book stores all over the city as well as XXX video stores next to churches. If you can't get used to that, then you don't need to be living in Houston in the first place.

If those things offend you, then yes, Dallas is a little more conservative in that area.

Houston isn't a city for the faint of heart.
I dont find one city to be more smutty than the other. You can find massage parlors, strip bars, adult book store, etc. in heaping helpings in both cities.

Old 12-31-2009, 02:13 PM

789 posts, read 1,527,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesprecious09 View Post
I would say Dallas...

I just came back from Houston and wasn't that impressed, Houston has it's nice parts, and some homes are VERY nice but overall some of the people are dirty and some are stuck on stupid while some are very friendly.

WOW!!!

Also, you guys shouldn't feed the trolls. It seems to be too easy on this site. Especially with inflammatory remarks like this, haha.

Old 12-31-2009, 03:47 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,981,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
I dont find one city to be more smutty than the other. You can find massage parlors, strip bars, adult book store, etc. in heaping helpings in both cities.
Come on LAnative. Houston is almost twice as large as Dallas & therefore has noticeably more of this taboo stuff. Last time I checked, Houston had more strip clubs than all of D/FW combined. There was a huge Asian massage parlor sting in Houston several years back that closed down many throughout the city. Some have since re-opened for business & are turned a blind eye by law enforcement because its more of an inconvenience than anything.

Dallas' strip clubs are more concentrated to one particular area in NW Dallas-Harry Hines where Houston's is spread out throughout the city...all up & down I-45 off the feeder roads, Westheimer, 59 South, HWY 6, etc.

Old 12-31-2009, 03:50 PM

789 posts, read 1,527,390 times
Quote:
Come on LAnative. Houston is almost twice as large as Dallas & therefore has noticeably more of this taboo stuff. Last time I checked, Houston had more strip clubs than all of D/FW combined. There was a huge Asian massage parlor sting in Houston several years back that closed down several hundred throughout the city. Some have since re-opened for business & are turned a blind eye by law enforcement because its more of an inconvenience than anything.

Dallas' strip clubs are more concentrated to one particular area in NW Dallas-Harry Hines where Houston's is spread out throughout the city...all up & down I-45 off the feeder roads, Westheimer, 59 South, HWY 6, etc.
Your point doesn't say much really. Just because they are more out in the open, makes Houston more Smutty? If that is your logic, then I can't argue, haha. As you can see, I don't hate Strip clubs, haha.

Yes, we need all those types of places in one area. That would be awesome........................not really.

Last edited by Kenpar; 12-31-2009 at 03:52 PM.. Reason: Add more

Old 12-31-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Come on LAnative. Houston is almost twice as large as Dallas & therefore has noticeably more of this taboo stuff. Last time I checked, Houston had more strip clubs than all of D/FW combined. There was a huge Asian massage parlor sting in Houston several years back that closed down many throughout the city. Some have since re-opened for business & are turned a blind eye by law enforcement because its more of an inconvenience than anything.

I meant pound for pound.

Do you actually want more massage parlors? Street whores dont cut it for you any more, do they Matt.

If I recall correctly, Arlington has the most massage parlors in DFW.

This is stuff you can find in any major American city.

Last edited by Cowboys fan in Houston; 12-31-2009 at 07:17 PM..

Old 01-02-2010, 01:16 PM

47 posts, read 142,395 times
Quote:
That's because most people in LA who have never in their lives traveled outside California think their **** don' stink & beleive it or not I've met a few of those.

The ones that have been to Houston immediately recognize the many similarities & adapt very easily. Austin is well liked by some Californians for its Liberal aura & Hill Country scenery, but that's where the similarities end. Now with an openly lesbian mayor officially elected in Houston, Austin's image as long been considered the most liberal city in Texas no longer holds much water. Heck, Houston hasn't even had a Republican mayor in decades.
AMEN!!!.......you took the words out of my mouth, Matt.........the funny thing is, if you travel 45 miles outside of houston in any direction, the liberalism not only disappears, it goes and loads its gun and waits for an immigrant to walk by

Old 01-02-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmoses View Post
if you travel 45 miles outside of houston in any direction, the liberalism not only disappears, it goes and loads its gun and waits for an immigrant to walk by
And thats a good thing????? Are you saying people would like to shoot immigrants in Southeast Texas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston