Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2010, 05:44 PM

17 posts, read 74,229 times

Advertisements

Okay everyone, I'm moving to Houston soon so I've been searching online for Mexican food restaurants and looking at their menus but I can't seen to find any place yet that has some of my favorites......In Az when I goto the valley which is 4 hrs away I will travel another hour just to goto my favorite Mexican food restaurant...........while searching, I see alot of places with fajitas, chicken and ground beef.......... I'm looking for beef tamales served with your choice or red or green sauce...also no things like olives or raisins in them..........green chili burritos........shredded beef burritos served enchilada style.......crispy shredded beef tacos in deep fried corn or deep fried flour tortillas.............Also, if you have a favorite place what and where is it and what do you like there?? Thanks in advance!!! Just thinking about it makes me soooo hungrey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 06:25 PM

8,895 posts, read 20,007,186 times
You might want to search this forum because this question has been asked a lot in the past - with lengthy threads on it.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:49 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,126,663 times
My cousin, who is Mexican, took me to Taquerias Mexico at 6219 Bellaire today. It was really good - the best "authentic" I've had since moving to Houston. Can't wait to go back with DH to try out more food. I was so hungry when I got there that I did the bad thing & gorged on chips & queso (very good, btw). I ordered the picadillo gordita & taco al pastor. Both very good although I took the al pastor home because I couldn't finish it. My kids shared the carne asada gordita - that was very good as well. The tacos reminded me of tacos I've had in some of the towns in Guanajuato as well as at a taqueria I ate at all the time in Santa Barbara (La Taqueria Supe Rica). Sorry - can't remember what the Mexican food in Phoenix tasted like - I usually ended up at the place across the street from Symphony Hall (convenience) so I couldn't tell you how this place would compare to what you are used to.

Taquerias Mexico

Last edited by Sampaguita; 03-12-2010 at 09:03 PM..

Old 03-12-2010, 08:55 PM

992 posts, read 2,373,813 times
I like Picos. And I love little hole in the wall places.

However, red and green sauce isn't so big down here...that's mostly "West Mex" or southwestern.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:05 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,709,877 times
Not sure you're going to get much Arizona style Mexican food here, but worth checking out:

For best Tex-Mex on the SE side, my vote goes to Taqueria Del Sol. Hands down one of the absolute best in H-Town.

Also, Barcenas is definitely worth checking out in Webster/Friendswood.

For Tamales, Los Toritos in Pasadena gets my vote and comes with great red & green sauce.

For tacos, Vic's is inside the Chevron in Clear Lake-- a one man band in the corner of the convenience store. This guy also makes some excellent red & green sauce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston