Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 08:34 AM

258 posts, read 954,793 times

Advertisements

Aren't most video game developers in California? I know what you do isn't easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 01:44 PM

8 posts, read 19,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaze View Post
Yes your right most of the jobs are westcoast. The cost of living is very high compared to Houston and other places in the midwest that's why i'm trying to avoid it. Texas has places in Dallas and Austin but at the moment I haven't had any luck with any of the studios in those areas.

@the_judging_borzoi; Yes I actually went to timegate the other day they don't have anything open for a 3d artist just other things. I have found a few other places over the last few days here in the city that do 3d digital design and I have contacted them. Might be more just have to keep searching. Thanks for the info from everyone so far.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:50 PM

1,474 posts, read 4,997,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaze View Post
some are here. I met one of them (a guy with lots of tatoos) at the hospital when our babies were born

Old 04-17-2010, 10:34 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,539,581 times
gt45,
Try this site. They don't have 3D services, but might be able to point you in the right direction. Some of these people might know others in this area of expertise. I don't know any of these people. I only bought an Adobe Flash CS4 book written by them over a year ago.

Aquent : Services

Old 04-18-2010, 09:16 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,783,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt45 View Post
I was laid off at a game studio here in Houston a while back and wanted to know is there any other 3D design jobs here in Houston? I moved here to Houston back in June 2008 (originally from Illinois) and I like it here and wouldn't mind staying here. I have tried game studios in Dallas and Austin as well but it seems employers are being picky at the moment in the 3D and gaming market and choosing people with many years experience (I have about 2 years). With state and extended benefits out and my lease coming to an end my back is seriously against the wall. Does anyone know a job recruit place or some possible places to look? I know Houston is kind of dry in this area of work but this place is spread out there has got to be something around here.
I wiah you the best of luck! I hope everything goes your, and at the end, success will be yours to keep!

Old 04-19-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
gt45,
Try this site. They don't have 3D services, but might be able to point you in the right direction. Some of these people might know others in this area of expertise. I don't know any of these people. I only bought an Adobe Flash CS4 book written by them over a year ago.

Aquent : Services
Thanks for the tip I will look into that. Most of the places that might do 3d design for games, web or commerical often don't advertise that they are hiring especially on places like careerbuilder. So it's good to find people like in the link above that might know where these places are. At the moment I have to expand my choices and do something other than gaming like 3d design for web or other multimedia. Houston only has 2 game studios the one I was laid off (which is gonna be totally gone soon) and the other which someone has posted before but they don't have any positions open at the moment so gaming isn't an option at the moment.

@A&M Bulldawg thanks appreciate it I need it.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:16 PM
JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt45 View Post
Thanks for the tip I will look into that. Most of the places that might do 3d design for games, web or commerical often don't advertise that they are hiring especially on places like careerbuilder. So it's good to find people like in the link above that might know where these places are. At the moment I have to expand my choices and do something other than gaming like 3d design for web or other multimedia. Houston only has 2 game studios the one I was laid off (which is gonna be totally gone soon) and the other which someone has posted before but they don't have any positions open at the moment so gaming isn't an option at the moment.

@A&M Bulldawg thanks appreciate it I need it.
Have you thought about working with Flash CS4? I kinda stopped after a couple weeks, but i would think it would be very easy for you to pickup with your 3D background.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Have you thought about working with Flash CS4? I kinda stopped after a couple weeks, but i would think it would be very easy for you to pickup with your 3D background.
I actually did a some flash in school as well as video editing, illustrator, photoshop, ect. I know Photoshop and Illustrator better than flash that's why i'm keeping an eye open for places that mention the two. I see flash type jobs out there but you have to have years experience with it. Flash does takes some time to learn especially if you want to do animation. Right now with the clock ticking on finding something I don't know if I could spend alot of time with it.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:11 PM
JL

GT45,
I found a listing for the type of position you're looking for. DM me if you're still interested since it was deleted by the mod.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:43 PM

2 posts, read 1,590 times
Hi, we are a new company in Houston, we are looking now a Web expert to improve our site, and became partner !! Please contact us, tnks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston