Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2024, 06:46 PM

33 posts, read 4,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
New business in the bottom of the WV Building has been announced. It’s a new workout place called HotWorx.

https://www.facebook.com/share/u1f2u...ibextid=LQQJ4d
I think that this will do very well compared to putting another restaurant in that location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2024, 07:12 PM

4,974 posts, read 8,977,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbabbington96 View Post
I think that this will do very well compared to putting another restaurant in that location.
I agree. Apparently it's a chain and people that have experience with them speak very highly of the business. Now if they will just finish that building beside of Summit, the 300 block of 9th street will be full. If they can then get the Morris building into the hands of a developer with some vision, that will further help that area. It would be great to see that building turned into a boutique hotel. That would then bring more foot traffic to 4th Ave and would be perfect for those traveling to the area to do business downtown, coming downtown to catch a show at the Keith or the arena or it would even be nice for those coming from out of town for graduations. If they stuck with the Arts and Crafts style of the building, it could be super nice.

Old 04-25-2024, 07:32 PM

26 posts, read 4,571 times
Does anyone know if this is going in the old restaurant space or the old Village Collection space? Good news either way. I was always surprised the restaurant location never worked out as I thought they had a couple of good places in that spot. I guess now the East Flavor has broken the curse of its location, that is the new jinxed restaurant spot in town.

Old 04-26-2024, 06:22 AM

4,974 posts, read 8,977,856 times
It appears that the old VC space and the restaurant space have been combined based on the paper on the windows. It also appeared that the wall between the two had been taken down when they were working on it a few months ago. A business like that will be a good addition downtown.

Old 04-26-2024, 06:41 AM

Regarding the building in between Summit and Breathe, last I heard was they were wanting to do a brewpub but were needing an investor for the restaurant side. Side note, another Brewery would absolutely KILL in Downtown. Koerber opened up in Barboursville, and it's already a massive hit.

The Morris building definitely needs developed. All it is now is a post-board for political signs. I've heard two things regarding that building. That it belongs to the Chris Cline Estate, and there are absolutely no plans to redevelop. There is a cell tower on top, and they only care about that and the money it brings them.

As for Hotworx, I'm pretty sure that it will encompass the entirety of that street level unit. It's got that construction painting paper on all of the windows.

Old 04-26-2024, 09:08 AM

The building next to Summit is owned by the Ward's who run Classic Construction. When they bought it I expect a quick turn around on renovations because they own a constructions company, but who knows what could have slowed things down. I agree another brewery, a brewpub, or a taphouse downtown would be very successful with minimally competent ownership/management.

The Morris building is owned by River City Properties, who have a lot of downtown property. My understanding is that River City was Marshall Reynolds and Phil Cline's property company. While there could have been some entanglement on the ownership of Cline's interest in the company, I would expect that was resolved long ago. I've always assumed the ROI is not there to justify the expense to remedy the fire damage to get the building up to residential codes.

Old 04-26-2024, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstap View Post
The building next to Summit is owned by the Ward's who run Classic Construction. When they bought it I expect a quick turn around on renovations because they own a constructions company, but who knows what could have slowed things down. I agree another brewery, a brewpub, or a taphouse downtown would be very successful with minimally competent ownership/management.

The Morris building is owned by River City Properties, who have a lot of downtown property. My understanding is that River City was Marshall Reynolds and Phil Cline's property company. While there could have been some entanglement on the ownership of Cline's interest in the company, I would expect that was resolved long ago. I've always assumed the ROI is not there to justify the expense to remedy the fire damage to get the building up to residential codes.
Like Bailey said, I think a boutique hotel would do very well. With the developments coming in the innovation district, and Keith Albee renovating and returning to frequent showings, I think it would do good.

Like you, I'm surprised nothing has been done with that building next to Summit. It is in the heart of downtown, on a street that sees a huge number of people during the summer.

Old 04-26-2024, 09:24 AM

Has anyone heard anything new on the distillery that Nathan Randolph is opening next to the Harmony House?

Last year I saw them gutting the entire inside and remodeling.

Old 04-26-2024, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbabbington96 View Post
Has anyone heard anything new on the distillery that Nathan Randolph is opening next to the Harmony House?

Last year I saw them gutting the entire inside and remodeling.

I would imagine they are waiting for Harmony House to move. I don't even want to imagine the nightmare it would be trying to operate a business next door. Not meaning to knock the people there and I hope they all get the help they need, but it is essentially Huntington's skid row.

Old 04-26-2024, 04:40 PM

86 posts, read 60,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstap View Post
I would imagine they are waiting for Harmony House to move. I don't even want to imagine the nightmare it would be trying to operate a business next door. Not meaning to knock the people there and I hope they all get the help they need, but it is essentially Huntington's skid row.
Had no idea harmony house was moving. To where? Yes I agree, what they do is great but that place is rough. Nawab has some bad people hanging around and I hope with the brewery that it will bring business there too. That brewery should really brighten up that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington