Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2016, 03:39 PM

4,954 posts, read 8,949,212 times

Advertisements

The biggest potential use for the fly ash mix would be sidewalks, curbs and decorative features. I think it would be a little cost prohibitive for the roads. For the other projects though, hard to argue with the Pantheon standing after almost 2,000 years but our sidewalks only making it 40-50 years, if that! And correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't placing the fly ash in a solid concretion take away most of the environmental concerns since those usually involve its particulate nature or when it's suspended in water? One of the benefits of the fly ash in concrete is that it actually makes it more impermeable to water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2016, 07:21 PM

1,642 posts, read 2,420,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
The biggest potential use for the fly ash mix would be sidewalks, curbs and decorative features. I think it would be a little cost prohibitive for the roads. For the other projects though, hard to argue with the Pantheon standing after almost 2,000 years but our sidewalks only making it 40-50 years, if that! And correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't placing the fly ash in a solid concretion take away most of the environmental concerns since those usually involve its particulate nature or when it's suspended in water? One of the benefits of the fly ash in concrete is that it actually makes it more impermeable to water.
I would assume the issue would be that fly ash may have trace heavy metals. The problem wouldn't be as much with the finished product as protecting workers exposed to the particulates during transportation and mixing. I really haven't an educated clue, though; I need to research this better.

Old 01-09-2016, 10:41 PM

73 posts, read 83,496 times
Plans have been seen: El Ranchito is planning on completely redesigning their Hal Greer location this coming spring. Plans include an outdoor eating area and a much more attractive exterior that resembles a modern hacienda--floor to ceiling windows and exposed beams. Exciting!

Old 01-22-2016, 04:46 PM

Gun Range moving forward. Looks like it would be a pretty good gun range and store.

Indoor gun range proposal receives West End's welcome | News | herald-dispatch.com

Old 02-02-2016, 04:58 PM

530 posts, read 589,412 times
St. Mary's Medical Center Certificate of Need (CoN) granted by the WVHCA for construction of $9 million OR and PACU expansion. By all reports this will be NEW construction. Construction to start April 1st.

St. Mary

Old 02-04-2016, 01:08 PM

Barboursville's Mayor Tatum continues to spark excitement and suspense regarding the Tanyard Station retail complex in the Village of Barboursville's February Newsletter:

Quote:
As Tanyard Station inches closer towards groundbreaking, I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am for the potential development and spin-off business it will create for our village. Hopefully, very soon, we will be able to give some details and make some very exciting announcements...
Also, in the newsletter, he highlighted the efforts underway to design and build two disc golf courses at the Barboursville Park. He stated that there are also plans underway to construct additional picnic shelters and a new playground near the spray park that opened last summer. Finally, they have submitted applications for grants to develop an equine trail system at the park, as well as construction of a centralized concession stand to provide park-goers with refreshments.

Lots of exciting things happening in our community!

Old 02-04-2016, 04:40 PM

New Oriental Market for the area:

Little Saigon offers Asian foods, Vietnamese fare | Recent News | herald-dispatch.com

Old 02-07-2016, 06:51 AM

The Wild Ramp becomes the first place in the state that you can buy venison. There is also a new Farm to Table Cafe opening there soon as well. Im looking forward to both things.

Venison now being sold on store shelves in WV | News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | WCHS

https://www.facebook.com/FarmtoTableCafeTWR/

Old 02-07-2016, 04:22 PM

New Thai restaurant is now open:

https://m.facebook.com/surinhuntingt...32444253523253

Black Sheep makes list for Best Tacos in America:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/laurenpaul/b...WG#.fb7jd54jJ3

Old 02-08-2016, 10:13 AM

More information on the indoor shooting range being proposed for West Huntington.

Shooting range at top of list for city council meeting | News | herald-dispatch.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington