Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 09:20 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,056,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterEd51 View Post
Does that map change hour to hour? I just looked at that map. The only place I see Sprint-4G coverage is
Governors Drive from the Monte Sano Blvd to Hampton Cove. There is nothing shown anywhere else in Huntsville.
It takes about 24 hours to register. The Hampton Cove map was taken Sunday night. The University Dr. was this afternoon, so it might not be up yet.

*edit* I just checked it. It is on there now.

Last edited by Maya Blue; 10-21-2013 at 09:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2013, 07:12 PM

34 posts, read 45,889 times
I caught 4g on 565/Madison Blvd through Madison today.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:14 PM

34 posts, read 45,889 times
PS, still only 2 bars of cell service, though.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadNick View Post
PS, still only 2 bars of cell service, though.
This might be helpful:

Bars Lie for LTE Signal Strength! How to determine your actual LTE signal strength - Network, Network Vision/LTE Deployment - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates

Old 11-04-2013, 09:06 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,836,154 times
I asked my friend if his sprint service was any better this weekend. His reply was "It still sux but every once in a while I get 4g now that goes in and out which which still sux." He can't wait for his contract to expire in a few months.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:43 AM

Well Huntsville hasn't even been announced as 4G yet. They are in the process of lighting it up and and testing it.

Sent from Tapatalk

Old 08-07-2014, 08:37 AM

6 posts, read 16,216 times
Angry Sprint coverage gotten worse

I was surprised that there are no recent posts on this subject. Trying to figure if others are having same cell phone coverage issues. We reside in Madison and my husband works off Research Park, (guys he works with say they have noticed same problem with Verizon). He has iPhone5 and I have HTC One Max, both capable of receiving Sprint's ongoing "supposed" increased coverage. We've both noticed less bars and decreased signal. Anyone else? Can't find anything on Sprint's website. Have looked here Huntsville, AL Cell Towers, Signal Map & Lease Rates | CellReception and see no Sprint towers.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLnative51 View Post
I was surprised that there are no recent posts on this subject. Trying to figure if others are having same cell phone coverage issues. We reside in Madison and my husband works off Research Park, (guys he works with say they have noticed same problem with Verizon). He has iPhone5 and I have HTC One Max, both capable of receiving Sprint's ongoing "supposed" increased coverage. We've both noticed less bars and decreased signal. Anyone else? Can't find anything on Sprint's website. Have looked here Huntsville, AL Cell Towers, Signal Map & Lease Rates | CellReception and see no Sprint towers.
If you look in Research Park, there are no cell towers within Research Park of any provider. There was one just installed right along Research Park Blvd, just south of Bradford, but that's it.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:21 AM

1,644 posts, read 3,034,427 times
Though I know nothing about the situation we're talking about, I will add this.

There is a big difference between signal stregth (bars on your phone) and quality of the connection. You can have a great connection with just one bar, or a crappy connection at full bars.

That said, I do get more crappy connection with fewer bars.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:31 AM

776 posts, read 745,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreLysium View Post
Though I know nothing about the situation we're talking about, I will add this.

There is a big difference between signal stregth (bars on your phone) and quality of the connection. You can have a great connection with just one bar, or a crappy connection at full bars.

That said, I do get more crappy connection with fewer bars.
Bars are on a cell phone like the sweeping line on the weather radar on TV. They really serve no useful purpose but to quell the general public perception of what's really happening behind the scenes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area