Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2019, 12:48 PM

13,106 posts, read 9,663,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maillemaker View Post
Makes me want to avoid it. Just went to Mellow Mushroom last week and I see most of the parking lot in back is now apartments. Where are people supposed to park?
Parking is definitely a problem when visiting Providence. What looks like a parking lot turns out to be set aside for the hotels. Maybe they need an attractive parking garage to be built. The area has beautiful architecture, but it would be possible to build a parking garage that blends in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2019, 07:54 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,862,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maillemaker View Post
Makes me want to avoid it. Just went to Mellow Mushroom last week and I see most of the parking lot in back is now apartments. Where are people supposed to park?
Same here. I tried going over there a couple of times and it was just a frustrating experience. Very poor planning in my opinion. There are plenty of other options around town so there is no reason to go over there and get aggravated.

Old 08-05-2019, 08:55 AM

271 posts, read 295,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Parking is definitely a problem when visiting Providence. What looks like a parking lot turns out to be set aside for the hotels. Maybe they need an attractive parking garage to be built. The area has beautiful architecture, but it would be possible to build a parking garage that blends in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
Same here. I tried going over there a couple of times and it was just a frustrating experience. Very poor planning in my opinion. There are plenty of other options around town so there is no reason to go over there and get aggravated.
I think you guys are kind of over-exaggerating the parking issues at Providence. If I can't find street parking, there always parking available in either the south parking lot by Grille 29 & Casual Pint, the Hampton Inn parking lot or the parking lot behind Phuket. A lack of convenient parking is not the same as a lack of parking. The hotel parking is never near capacity and you're not going to be towed or ticketed for it.

Old 08-05-2019, 12:34 PM

3,465 posts, read 4,862,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teko03 View Post
I think you guys are kind of over-exaggerating the parking issues at Providence. If I can't find street parking, there always parking available in either the south parking lot by Grille 29 & Casual Pint, the Hampton Inn parking lot or the parking lot behind Phuket. A lack of convenient parking is not the same as a lack of parking. The hotel parking is never near capacity and you're not going to be towed or ticketed for it.
How are we supposed to know you can just park in the hotel's parking lot or another business in the area? In any other city/place I visit, if you park in a hotel's or other business' parking lot and stroll across the street to another business, you come back and your car has been towed.

I don't see how we are over exaggerating the parking situation, if it isn't obvious where you are allowed to park. It doesn't really matter to me, I more or less checked providence off the list anyway.

Old 08-05-2019, 02:15 PM

271 posts, read 295,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
How are we supposed to know you can just park in the hotel's parking lot or another business in the area? In any other city/place I visit, if you park in a hotel's or other business' parking lot and stroll across the street to another business, you come back and your car has been towed.

I don't see how we are over exaggerating the parking situation, if it isn't obvious where you are allowed to park. It doesn't really matter to me, I more or less checked providence off the list anyway.

The parking behind Phuket/Moes etc. & the parking south of Grille 29 is for all of Providence...those have always seemed pretty obvious to me --- just a friendly FYI. There's a good amount of parking available to you. There's also street parking along the front of the older Paddock Club apartments.

Last edited by Teko03; 08-05-2019 at 02:27 PM..

Old 08-05-2019, 03:23 PM

766 posts, read 1,116,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
It looks like they are in the process of building a new parking lot directly behind the village green area where they have car shows and show movies. It's directly behind the stage.

However, in the long term master pan, they have buildings for that area, too. So, it looks like they will have to construct more multi-level parking garages to accommodate the density of development they envision.

Old 08-05-2019, 07:36 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,218,554 times
I've never had trouble finding parking in the Providence area regardless of day or time. Yea, sometimes you have to park further away and walk, but all street parking is open as well in the residential area. I haven't noticed, but are the new hotel lots actually signed as guest parking only, aside from the Hilton Diamond spaces? I know the Homewood Suites is not, however there are some reserved spaces for the loft owners behind Moe's.

I do think that pharmacy has way too many spaces "reserved"...like 10 in front and 10 in back. I rarely see them even 10% occupied.

Old 08-06-2019, 06:45 AM

42 posts, read 53,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1502 View Post
It looks like they are in the process of building a new parking lot directly behind the village green area where they have car shows and show movies. It's directly behind the stage.

However, in the long term master pan, they have buildings for that area, too. So, it looks like they will have to construct more multi-level parking garages to accommodate the density of development they envision.
where is the village development master plan? I cant find it any longer..

Old 08-06-2019, 07:34 AM

3,012 posts, read 3,616,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivepointshsvguy View Post
where is the village development master plan? I cant find it any longer..
https://www.villageofprovidence.com/masterplan

Old 08-06-2019, 08:16 PM

100 posts, read 112,678 times
Looks like O'Reilley's Auto Part has broken ground on County Line Rd north of Macdonalds.

I also noticed that something was being done to the tract of land in the northeast corner of the Norfolk Southern RR crossing and Greenbrier Pkwy late this evening. Too dark to really tell what was being done but I did see a trackhoe and possibly a couple of other pieces of equipment. Some dirt had been dug up and piled up. Maybe just utility work but it did not look to be on the right of way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area