Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2010, 07:39 AM

2 posts, read 3,913 times

Advertisements

Greetings space humans..

I got a pingback and thought it was spam, then I checked it to make sure-and here you are... I started the nasaengineer.com blog last month.

The level 2 comment referred to Program level (CxP, or Constellation).
Level 3 referred to Project level, as in Upper Stage.

As far as the facts dispute.. I was being conservative, and using overall percentages, not specifics. The specifics are not out yet. I hear ya on the CxP level 2. I heard 90% yesterday, but was going to wait to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 07:00 PM

346 posts, read 851,230 times
Alot of this stuff is going way over my head, but regardless.. I am the wife of a Contractor involved with Jacobs/All Points logistics/ESTS. I'm stressed beyond belief and ticked at the fact that my hubby could lose his job. Not sure how many of you is affected by all of us, but dealing with it firsthand is not fun. Also, makes me wonder if all this crapola could have been avoided if we had someone else in office in the big house?

Old 06-15-2010, 08:22 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,962,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkratze1 View Post
Thanks for posting this. Can someone in the business explain to me what Level 2, Level 3, and CxP stand for?
CxP = Constellation Program
Level 2 = Program, e.g., CxP level (mostly at JSC)
Level 3 = Project, e.g., Ares vehicle (MSFC), ground system (KSC), Orion (JSC & prime @Denver), level
Level 4 = Element level (First Stage + prime ATK @ Utah, Upper Stage + prime Boeing @ HSV, J-2X + prime @ Canoga Park, CA)
Level 5 = Subsystem level
Level 6 = Component level

Old 06-15-2010, 08:43 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,962,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamachic80 View Post
Alot of this stuff is going way over my head, but regardless.. I am the wife of a Contractor involved with Jacobs/All Points logistics/ESTS. I'm stressed beyond belief and ticked at the fact that my hubby could lose his job. Not sure how many of you is affected by all of us, but dealing with it firsthand is not fun. Also, makes me wonder if all this crapola could have been avoided if we had someone else in office in the big house?
I understand your frustration. Believe me, it is not a easy time for over 2,000+ support contractors and their families at Marshall.

The shame of it is that this does not need to happen except for someone want to show who's in charge. The money taken away is not being used for a greater good. There's no reason to take the money away. In fact, it is a direct violation of the law (that says NASA can not cancel the constellation in 2010 without congressional approval). There's already budget set aside in the 2011 budget for terminating the constellation program. So why rob the what's left in 3~4 months budget to set aside a termination liability for a program that's not going to be canceled in 2010 anyway? EVERYBODY KNOWS that the congress & the white house will be dead-lock in this issue and we will going into a Continuing Resolution (CR) in Oct 2010 as FY11.

So while the white house plays politics, honest intelligent hard working professional engineers and their families suffer, face losing job & income, maybe losing their homes.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:57 PM

2 posts, read 3,913 times
This just in: Will congress take quick action to block the NASA layoffs before it is too late? I don't know, but it was discussed.

nasaengineer.com » Blog Archive » Layoff Week #2: Congress May Block It

I don't know if anything will come of it. Congress would have to work fast.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:24 PM

340 posts, read 723,648 times
Huntsville bracing for 'serious and significant' space program job loss | al.com

Old 06-17-2010, 08:24 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,057,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
I understand your frustration. Believe me, it is not a easy time for over 2,000+ support contractors and their families at Marshall.

The shame of it is that this does not need to happen except for someone want to show who's in charge. The money taken away is not being used for a greater good. There's no reason to take the money away. In fact, it is a direct violation of the law (that says NASA can not cancel the constellation in 2010 without congressional approval). There's already budget set aside in the 2011 budget for terminating the constellation program. So why rob the what's left in 3~4 months budget to set aside a termination liability for a program that's not going to be canceled in 2010 anyway? EVERYBODY KNOWS that the congress & the white house will be dead-lock in this issue and we will going into a Continuing Resolution (CR) in Oct 2010 as FY11.

So while the white house plays politics, honest intelligent hard working professional engineers and their families suffer, face losing job & income, maybe losing their homes.
Indeed. Those who voted for this administration should be the first to lose their jobs IMO.

Old 06-17-2010, 08:36 AM

379 posts, read 849,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewdog1 View Post
Indeed. Those who voted for this administration should be the first to lose their jobs IMO.
Drudge Report is reporting today that this Administration is secretly working a missile defense deal with Russia to further limit our missile defenses. Stay tuned for more layoffs.

Old 06-17-2010, 08:44 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkratze1 View Post
Drudge Report is reporting today that this Administration is secretly working a missile defense deal with Russia to further limit our missile defenses. Stay tuned for more layoffs.

That's not what Pat is saying:

"“There are no limitations in the treaty on our plans for missile defense,” Lt. Gen. Patrick J. O’Reilly, director of the Missile Defense Agency, said in testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee."

from

CQ Politics | New START Won (http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cfm?docID=cqmidday-000003684341 - broken link)

No back-room deals with Russia on arms cuts, missile defense - Gottemoeller | World | RIA Novosti

Old 06-17-2010, 08:49 AM

379 posts, read 849,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
That's not what Pat is saying:

"“There are no limitations in the treaty on our plans for missile defense,” Lt. Gen. Patrick J. O’Reilly, director of the Missile Defense Agency, said in testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee."

from

CQ Politics | New START Won (http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cfm?docID=cqmidday-000003684341 - broken link)

No back-room deals with Russia on arms cuts, missile defense - Gottemoeller | World | RIA Novosti
"The Obama administration is secretly working with Russia to conclude an agreement that many officials fear will limit U.S. missile defenses..."

...Despite administration claims that the treaty contains no limits on missile defenses within the treaty text, the third paragraph of Article 5 contains an explicit limitation on the use of ICBM launchers for "missile defense interceptors."

Inside the Ring - Washington Times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area