Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2011, 09:40 AM

2,878 posts, read 4,632,784 times

Advertisements

Hello,

(I also posted this in the Wyoming forum as I am open to any suggestions on any state between ID, MT and WY).

My wife and I are in a position where we are debt free (well almost but soon really). We currently live in South Florida but are looking to split our residence between Idaho and FL. We are ideally looking for 4-5 (or even 10 if possible) acres where we could park a camper (or maybe put a VERY small permanent home or yurt), bring the horses and ride out for 3-6 months of the year. Our budget is about $40K. We are looking for a property next to a forest or BLM land, something with scenery where we can ride or hike out for miles into the wilderness. Trailering distance is OK so long as is it is not more than 20-30 miles. Is this at all possible within our budget? If so, where? Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
OD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 03:26 PM

820 posts, read 1,740,155 times
I would say you would be able to get something in the Priest River or Sagle area. I will look thru the MLS see what I can find when I hit my office.

Old 05-27-2011, 03:55 PM

39 posts, read 100,720 times
Haha.. I actually just answered your post in Wyoming! But I shall post here anyway!

If you go to Realtors.com you'll find lots of properties. I found several 20-acre properties in Wyoming on there for less than you were asking for. I also searched in Montana and found some. It's just about where you search.
But there is this one in Preston, ID that was very attractive. http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...3_M12788-71263

Old 05-27-2011, 05:26 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
If you are looking for somewhere for a camping spot, you probably can find something in that price range. Only thing, for $40k, you need to plan on not having power available. It gets very pricy to run electric, and lots where it is available are probably going to run you $60+. Zoning gets a bit odd too. In many places, lots smaller than 20 acres (perhaps 10 in some places) require subdivision approval. I think rural Bonner sets it at 20. However, that is to build on, if you are just looking for somewhere to park a trailer, you have more options.

Old 05-27-2011, 05:28 PM

820 posts, read 1,740,155 times
Here is a list of whats available in the MLS in CDA. Hope this helps, if I can be assistance, let me know!

flexmls

Old 05-27-2011, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaner View Post
Here is a list of whats available in the MLS in CDA. Hope this helps, if I can be assistance, let me know!

flexmls
Thank you - these listings definitely look interesting. I am planning a trip to the area this summer.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:59 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,746,219 times
Here's one company's listings here in the Priest River area:
Land

Old 05-28-2011, 12:14 AM

7,382 posts, read 12,673,025 times
OD, welcome to the Idaho forum! As you can see from the listings, it can be done. It all depends on how particular you are about the details.

The main thing is for you to decide what kind of land you're looking for--do you want trees, a view, open country, close to water? You can find it all in Idaho, really. There are so many different ecologies.

You've already been to Wyoming--so why not plan for a vacation in Idaho, and come up and see for yourself?

Old 05-28-2011, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
OD, welcome to the Idaho forum! As you can see from the listings, it can be done. It all depends on how particular you are about the details.

The main thing is for you to decide what kind of land you're looking for--do you want trees, a view, open country, close to water? You can find it all in Idaho, really. There are so many different ecologies.

You've already been to Wyoming--so why not plan for a vacation in Idaho, and come up and see for yourself?
That's exactly what I will be doing - coming up for a visit this summer!

Old 05-31-2011, 11:25 AM

7,382 posts, read 12,673,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ognend View Post
That's exactly what I will be doing - coming up for a visit this summer!
You can cover a lot of ground in a couple of weeks, getting a general impression of Idaho from north to south, and even going up through Salmon into NW Montana and the Bitterroot Valley and checking out places there if you've been contemplating that area, too. The loop will take you further up 93 to 200, and back west toward Idaho. Just an idea! You can also do a loop into Montana by freeways (15 to 90) with side trips, but I prefer the highways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho