Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 07:39 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,264,571 times

Advertisements

For those who are considering moving to the area, yes the snow can and does come in any given month.

The picture I'm including was taken at 0700 this morning in my backyard.
Attached Thumbnails
"Spring" in SE Idaho-mayday2008.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 02:00 PM

105 posts, read 446,105 times
Hey thats looks like my backyard did this morning.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:45 PM

72 posts, read 264,426 times
Talking I love snow!

Beautiful picture, Cleosmom!

I don't currently live there any longer, but I lived 7 years in Jackson, WY (my most very favorite place). I moved away last September.

One of the reasons why I moved was because of the looooog harsh winters.

A couple of the reasons why I'm considering moving to Idaho Falls is because (a) it's close to Jackson and (b) it has 4 distinct seasons. Someone said, everything that Jackson gets, IF gets also (just less of it).

I'm not sure if you know anything about Jackson's weather; but if you do, do you find that statement to be true?

Thanks,
Sharon-Marie

Old 07-03-2008, 01:02 PM
sav

62 posts, read 303,137 times
Default IF weather v Jackson

Seems in general like IF is about 10 degrees warmer than Driggs/Victor, Jackson. If you liked living in Jackson you'll probably really like living here. We like it here b/c we are close enough to go visit Jackson, Tetons, Yellowstone, even for a day, but the weather does seem to be a bit milder here and there are more services.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:06 PM

. . . And all of that makes for a great place to live, it would seem.

Thanks for your post!

Old 07-03-2008, 01:59 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,521,097 times
Cleosmom, it is July 3rd. Imagine my alarm between the time I opened this thread, and my brain catching up to the date on that photo, which you didn't post today!! What a relief! I think I stopped breathing there for a minute....

Old 07-03-2008, 02:01 PM
sav

62 posts, read 303,137 times
Default you're welcome

Where will you be moving from? Seems like Idaho Falls is getting quite a bit of attention lately. My sister and brother in law just came to visit us and literally three weeks later are actively job hunting and preparing to move here.
I'll be interested to hear how you like it here compared to Jackson. I have to say, I have encountered a fair amount of jackson snobbery when I meet jackson locals and tell them I live in IF. A comment I heard
-'oh, that is where we go to shop and get out as quickly as possible'. Or 'what a dump'. I just smile politely and then go on paying my teeny tiny mortgage while living in my 'dump' town with no traffic, great schools and warmer weather. My point being, I think you'll like it here and hope you let us know how you find it by comparison.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:31 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,264,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
Cleosmom, it is July 3rd. Imagine my alarm between the time I opened this thread, and my brain catching up to the date on that photo, which you didn't post today!! What a relief! I think I stopped breathing there for a minute....

Don't forget it did snow here on June 11 this year and in the past it has snowed on the 4th of July

Old 07-03-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav View Post
Where will you be moving from? Seems like Idaho Falls is getting quite a bit of attention lately. My sister and brother in law just came to visit us and literally three weeks later are actively job hunting and preparing to move here.
I'll be interested to hear how you like it here compared to Jackson. I have to say, I have encountered a fair amount of jackson snobbery when I meet jackson locals and tell them I live in IF. A comment I heard
-'oh, that is where we go to shop and get out as quickly as possible'. Or 'what a dump'. I just smile politely and then go on paying my teeny tiny mortgage while living in my 'dump' town with no traffic, great schools and warmer weather. My point being, I think you'll like it here and hope you let us know how you find it by comparison.
Actually, Idaho Falls was recommended to me by several of my Jackson friends . . . all of whom have quite very gorgeous views from their homes and yards. They've all spoken very highly of I.F.

Plus, other friends (from Jackson) that I have told about my moving plans have also been very supportive and spoke very highly of I.F.

Yeah . . . snobbery abounds everywhere; fortunately it's not always pervasive.

I'm moving from Pigeon Forge, TN . . . and talk about traffic! It makes Jackson seem like a one-horse town. They get over 10 million visitors a year and are in the process of building one of Debbie Reynolds' Hollywood Motion Picture Museum which is expected to bring in an additional 2 million visitors per year. No thank you!

Old 07-05-2008, 11:41 PM

28 posts, read 87,130 times
Idaho Falls has a pretty sharp transition between seasons. Look at this graph: Average Weather for Idaho Falls, ID - Temperature and Precipitation

Most other locations have smoother curves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho