Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 08:59 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,746,219 times

Advertisements

-16 at 8:00 am. And the weatherman in Spokane keeps gabbling about it being it being 0 degrees in Sandpoint. How cold did you get Sage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 10:40 AM

464 posts, read 1,111,605 times
Whoa nellie. It was 35 degrees up near Redding on Sunday. I was finally about to pick up my new XD 45 and went shooting with my brother and one of his buddies. We lasted about two hours in the icey rain. It's always a pleasure to shoot my brothers M1A, even if my toes are still numb. We don't have cold weather clothing down here in California, low 30's is about as cold as we can dress for. I do have snow suits for the family, but thats for a rare trip to the mountain snow. lol

Perhaps I should start buying cold weather gear now, so by August when we move to Idaho we will be all set for the winter months. -16....good God! I love the cold, but I haven't felt -16 coldness since I lived in Colorado in 3rd grade. lmao Bring it on...just don't let me wife know that it gets that cold there! :P

Old 12-16-2008, 11:20 AM

1,043 posts, read 3,440,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacTown11 View Post
Whoa nellie. It was 35 degrees up near Redding on Sunday. I was finally about to pick up my new XD 45 and went shooting with my brother and one of his buddies. We lasted about two hours in the icey rain. It's always a pleasure to shoot my brothers M1A, even if my toes are still numb. We don't have cold weather clothing down here in California, low 30's is about as cold as we can dress for. I do have snow suits for the family, but thats for a rare trip to the mountain snow. lol

Perhaps I should start buying cold weather gear now, so by August when we move to Idaho we will be all set for the winter months. -16....good God! I love the cold, but I haven't felt -16 coldness since I lived in Colorado in 3rd grade. lmao Bring it on...just don't let me wife know that it gets that cold there! :P

Thats Typical California ST11!! Most of us live in shorts and flip flops and when it gets "cold" out come the parka's and snow ski gear..LOL>.. No in between at all..Ha!.. Dont let it scare ya bud, you will acclimate..

Old 12-16-2008, 11:37 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,746,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacTown11 View Post

Make sure you get some Sorel's! The north Idaho footwear of choice from December thru March.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:50 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,840,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post
-16 at 8:00 am. And the weatherman in Spokane keeps gabbling about it being it being 0 degrees in Sandpoint. How cold did you get Sage?
When I got up at 9:30 my outside gauge said -7. Right now in full sun it's 0 outside. My crazy kids are playing with their dogs wearing light jackets and jeans. Crazy kids...but it doesn't feel that cold after several days of this...you know how it is...

Old 12-16-2008, 02:26 PM

993 posts, read 3,253,417 times
I can see where one of my first major expense purchases will have to be a Hot springs hot tub.
Then I will get to the snow removal toys.
Priorities:

Old 12-16-2008, 03:52 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,271,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERTRYDER View Post
I can see where one of my first major expense purchases will have to be a Hot springs hot tub.
Then I will get to the snow removal toys.
Priorities:

I'll give you my address and they can install it here so I can make certain it works right for you. Then it's a short hop to SE IDaho to pick it up

Old 12-16-2008, 06:45 PM

464 posts, read 1,111,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace_Rinaldi View Post
Thats Typical California ST11!! Most of us live in shorts and flip flops and when it gets "cold" out come the parka's and snow ski gear..LOL>.. No in between at all..Ha!.. Dont let it scare ya bud, you will acclimate..
I know I will...it's my damn wife I'm worried about! lol I like the cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post
Make sure you get some Sorel's! The north Idaho footwear of choice from December thru March.
I will keep that in mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
When I got up at 9:30 my outside gauge said -7. Right now in full sun it's 0 outside. My crazy kids are playing with their dogs wearing light jackets and jeans. Crazy kids...but it doesn't feel that cold after several days of this...you know how it is...
Yeah, I used to live in the Rocky Mountains in Colorado and I recall playing in the snow in jeans and even socks(no shoes!). Kids have different body temperatures I think...

Old 12-19-2008, 01:55 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,442,000 times
Cool This Weather is Record-Breaking

[quote=SacTown11;6591097]I know I will...it's my damn wife I'm worried about! lol I like the cold.

SacTown11,

This is unseasonably cold. It use to be the worst temperatures in the Mtn. States were in Jan. In the past few years we seem to be getting hammered in Dec. prior to Christmas. That goes for other states to: WY, MT, UT and CO, let alone the brutal weather in the plains states.

I've spent time in UT this week. Record breaking lows. It is so odd to see St. George (90 minutes from Las Vegas) at temperatures lower than Boise! I don't know that I've ever seen that previously.

Plus the airplanes being diverted to SLC International from McCarren in Las Vegas due to snow. What a weird year weather wise.

Let your wife know the meterologists are as puzzled as everyone why this is happening now. Plus, storm after storm, is good for the watershed, but people need break from it. Sometimes I think it just helps others to know the locals are struggling with abnormal patterns too.

If possible, ask your wife to recall years of abnormal heat and/or humidity where you've been previously. Tell her that is what like Idaho is going through, but with record breaking cold weather. Uncommon, but we don't get a choice about the weather; however, we do get a choice of how we respond to it and help others as well.

I hope something I've written helps you (and ultimately your wife).

MSR

Old 12-19-2008, 06:07 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,271,525 times
I agree with MSR, the lower extreme temps typically don't hit until January. Even in years past when we did have "real winters", meaning plenty of snow, the brutal temps held off until Jan.

Having said that, it should be fun shoveling my driveway and sliding to work if I don't call the boss and have her pick me up, that is Idaho, people helping their neighbors and friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho