Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 10:07 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,682,049 times

Advertisements

Human rights activist finds noose on porch | KTVB.COM | Idaho News (http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-sep2309-noose_on_porch.1ac1ba601.html - broken link)

I know it's something no one wants to continually dredge up, but it's an issue that people care about, and thus should be able to read about it.

Discuss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 01:50 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Ah, the crime actually occured in Spokane, she just works at an office in CDA. Nice try though.

Rights educator finds noose on porch of Spokane home | Spokesman.com | Sep 24, 2009

Old 09-24-2009, 02:39 PM

420 posts, read 1,193,680 times
Prediction: Some intrepid investigator will be assigned the case and the pinhead suspects will be tried and prosecuted causing a hush over the land. The folks of Spokane will be appreciative of this and will support the Police Department more as they should.

Same goes for the horrendously corrupt ACORN Group. Fox News saves the taxpayers pocket book again. NBC, CBS, and MSNBC missed the ball as usual and will soon be out of business.

Most Hate Crimes cases are usually solved because the crooks like the notoriety and just cannot keep a lid on their activity. No normal person would attack a person because of their color. Anyone who does, no matter what the race should be dealt with harshly and swiftly.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:08 PM

3,338 posts, read 6,898,263 times
Why is there even a thread for this when there are several other threads to discuss similar issues?
If we were to track "hate crimes" in any major city, how many threads would be created?

Old 09-25-2009, 04:38 AM

161 posts, read 396,481 times
This kinda thing drives me crazy. I'm an american-asian and thinking about moving up to NID. All I get around me is "why would you want to move up there with all those Aryan nation guys?" I'm tired of explaining how they are not there anymore and the people up there are really nice. I've visited 2x now and have not felt 1 bit of racism. Everybody has been so cordial and kind to me and my family.

Stories like these don't help :P

Old 09-25-2009, 06:09 AM

3,007 posts, read 6,286,246 times
There are dozens of possible explanations for that noose. Noose <> racism. However, Noose does = stupid action by someone without the guts or brains to win the debate publicly.

As stupid would be to over-read the actions. Common sense, people!

S.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:27 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,385,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkmd View Post
This kinda thing drives me crazy. I'm an american-asian and thinking about moving up to NID. All I get around me is "why would you want to move up there with all those Aryan nation guys?" I'm tired of explaining how they are not there anymore and the people up there are really nice. I've visited 2x now and have not felt 1 bit of racism. Everybody has been so cordial and kind to me and my family.

Stories like these don't help :P
Neither do stories like this.
Some groups and a few disturbed individuals find acts of "hate" necessary to justify their existence and pay their bills. We have changed dramatically as a nation. In fact we just elected a black guy as president. Groups dedicated to making money or political hay from perceived injustice need simple, easy to understand and dramatic events to keep those dollars rolling in. A noose or a hastily scrawled swastika is a life saver in times of capitol distress or waining interest.
Remember the epidemic of black church burnings in the last 5 or 6 years? None were racially motivated.
The black student that had the word* inked on his door turned out to be the author.
Totally fabricated rape charges had local Davis feminist groups calling for mandatory curfews of adolescent skateboarders.
Cha ching.
Cha ching.

* The word that dare not be spoken aloud.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:15 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
....Some groups and a few disturbed individuals find acts of "hate" necessary to justify their existence and pay their bills. We have changed dramatically as a nation. In fact we just elected a black guy as president. Groups dedicated to making money or political hay from perceived injustice need simple, easy to understand and dramatic events to keep those dollars rolling in...

Groups such as the Human Rights Education Institute for example? I have no animosity whatsoever towards black people or any other race for that matter. I do feel the existence of this organization is somewhat of an insult to the community. Not because of what they do, but because they perceive a need to exist and thrive off conflict. I would like to know what their source of funding.

Old 09-25-2009, 12:43 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,385,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post

Groups such as the Human Rights Education Institute for example? I have no animosity whatsoever towards black people or any other race for that matter. I do feel the existence of this organization is somewhat of an insult to the community. Not because of what they do, but because they perceive a need to exist and thrive off conflict. I would like to know what their source of funding.
If the shoe fits. Does it?
I have no idea about this group. Never even heard the name.
Sincere people do good work sometimes. I'm speaking of those that concoct racism where it does not exist. That deal in the worst forms of false stereotyping for profit and or fun. It's hard to think of any accepted social effort more disgusting. Except real racism. But that is very rare.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:31 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,859,942 times
Well, the only group I have found that I, personally, do not get along with are the venutians. Just because they are from the planet Venus, they think they are a god or something, and.....to make matters worse, they are racist, always talking about them being the master race and all, Hummmm, master race my butt... Between all of them they can not create a coherent sentence in the English language, makes me wonder if they're kin to the klan or nazis' .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho