Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 03:13 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
lokig at mexico :i doubt they really can takeover. The mexican leadership has been nothing if not incompetent and corrupt.
It isn't the government of Mexico that is trying to take over. It is certain citzens of both the U.S. (of Mexican descent) and Mexico.

Last edited by chicagonut; 07-11-2010 at 04:19 PM..

Old 07-11-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hideandseekforever View Post
Californian Latinos are usually Mexican, mostly racially Amerindian, very very liberal politically and extremely ethnocentric and chauvinistic. They are not representative of Latinos and are a great example of the train wreck California really is, culturally and economically. Not all Latinos are those qualities at the same time or even at all. The Mexican descended population in Texas doesn't act anything like what you see in California for instance. The chauvinism among Mexican descendants in California is very much the result of what is taught in the classrooms (Not to mention, that the white yuppies of California will tolerate their belligerency. The conservative white population in Texas will not.). A big problem is that the Latino population isn't diverse at all. It's predominantly from the Mexican underclass and the elites in this country want to keep it that way.
I think that is why Benicar and myself see two different types of Latinos/Hispanics here in Calif. and Maryland where she lives. I am just wondering nationwide overall how many Hispanics want amnesty or so-called CIR for their ethnic brethern and how many don't. I say most do.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hideandseekforever View Post
Here is a post from a different thread:

Truthfully, I know many Latinos who are very much against unrestricted illegal immigration and understand the longterm consequences. There just aren't enough of them because they've been purposely outnumbered for the reasons I've mentioned previously. They do not have the time (or perhaps the temerity) to protest. They have their bills to pay and mouths to feed. I think there are some Latinos who have deluded themselves into thinking this problem will go away in time. We have a very liberal slant in the English AND Spanish speaking media and universities. Any viewpoint or news story that wouldn't fit in the New York Times is seems to be intentionally stifled. If I, as a Latina, went about protesting against illegal immigration publically I would likely be assaulted and be branded a "self hating race traitor" by the white liberal paternalistic closet racists and their overtly racist Mexican jingoistic friends alike. And there would be no big media hoopla about it either. You guys know this.
You are correct about that. Any Latino that opposes illegal immigration and amnesty for their ethnic kind is indeed deemed a traitor of their own kind by the ethnocentric Latinos. They call them vendidos and coconuts.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:37 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Nobody really wants to address the undelying causes of illegal and legal immigration to this country...People just want to complain that the Mexicans are taking over America---while never looking at the root of the problem and asking why they are coming to America and who is benefiting from this.

It's much easier to blame some obscure Atzlan groups as having a nefarious plot to take over America rather than looking at the multiple industries (agriculture, food processing, construction, etc.) that have come to rely on illegal immigration.
No one that I know of who is anti-illegal is against holding industry accountable. In fact quite the opposite. What anti-illegals are against is giving illegals a free pass for their many crimes.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:41 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I think that is why Benicar and myself see two different types of Latinos/Hispanics here in Calif. and Maryland where she lives. I am just wondering nationwide overall how many Hispanics want amnesty or so-called CIR for their ethnic brethern and how many don't. I say most do.
With my experience of living in California, I've found that in order to know the staight truth and exactly what's going on there with the people, you need to be there and live in it. That goes for most other states too.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that, if you don't live there you no nothing about it. I'm not saying that at all.
It's like. if you want to know what someones cooking is like, you need to get a taste of it.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:55 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,872 times
Stop it. Just stop it and get over yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Really? The Tea Party and their KKK affiliate is taking over L.A.?

Old 07-11-2010, 03:56 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,872 times
Since you think we're such morons, why don't you bless us with your wisdom as to how to keep the American citizens you describe below from being unemployed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Until you geniuses figure out a way to maintain a sizable, say 30%+ oversize, labor pool in this country without legal and illegal immigration there will not be any effort to control the borders. The financiers and corporations that own and control the United States depend on the excess workers to keep bidding the wages down and labor costs under control. Employing under paid illegal workers is cheaper than moving the work overseas. Chicken processing is a prime example. Tending the gardens of the rich is another. H1b’s underbidding American computer programmers has put the former middle class under the immigration gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration