Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2010, 08:34 PM

894 posts, read 1,127,407 times

Advertisements

Americans for Legal Immigration PAC

From their "Mission Statement" ...

Quote:
We are dedicated to fighting against illegal immigration and amnesty for illegal aliens and seek a peaceful solution to the crisis that involves Americans of every race, Party, and denomination working together.
There are enough folks here at City Data that are fed up with illegal immigration, that could join the PAC and help make progress. I plan to join it too.

There's strength in numbers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 08:41 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Thanks for the info. Some here are already involved with Alipac, as well as NumbersUSA. In addition, we contact members of Congress and Obama on a regular basis. You’re right. We need as many citizens to fight this battle as possible. We have formidable opponents, with very deep pockets.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:44 PM

I belong to NumbersUSA too.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:05 PM

555 posts, read 877,248 times
I would not give any money to ALIPAC. They are in North Carolina. That's a long way from the border. There are unanswered questions about their finances. And William Ghreen does not get along with any of the other anti-illegal leaders. I would give to American Border Patrol and Glen Spencer, who is right along the border. Or one of the Arizona citizen militas.

Old 07-31-2010, 04:52 AM

Thanks. I wasn't planning to donate to them. I only donate to groups I'm familiar with, or that have some type of known national reputation.

I just thought they might be a good organization.

I found them as I was looking for information about anti-illegal immigration lobbying groups. Didn't seem to find any though. Guess we'll need to form our own Lobby group. Hey, why not?

Old 07-31-2010, 07:08 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodomonte View Post
I would not give any money to ALIPAC. They are in North Carolina. That's a long way from the border. There are unanswered questions about their finances. And William Ghreen does not get along with any of the other anti-illegal leaders. I would give to American Border Patrol and Glen Spencer, who is right along the border. Or one of the Arizona citizen militas.
They’re an excellent source of info for activism, but I agree, I wouldn’t donate. That’s not to cast aspersions on Gheen or his organization; it’s just my personal philosophy. I rarely donate to any organization unless they have a very long track record.

That said, to my knowledge, no criminal charges have been filed against Alipac, so I have no reason to doubt their integrity. As expected, due to the nature of their work, they are considered another “hate” group and anti-immigrant. I have seen nothing to indicate they are anything other than a group fighting illegal immigration. In fact, they have severed ties with other individuals and groups who choose to align themselves with racists. I applaud them for that.

While Border States may be considered ground zero, illegal immigration is pervasive, and is no longer restricted to that region of our country. Thus, there are numerous organizations nationwide fighting illegal immigration. They need not be located in a border state to be legitimate or deserving of financial support.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:39 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times
I am a former member and I would advise not to donate to him. Mr. Gheen as noble as his cause is, is not considered to be very reputable by other crusaders in this struggle. I recall hearing somewhere that he was putting the donations into his own pockets for a political campaign.

NumbersUSA is a much better group.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:20 PM

Yeah, I love NumbersUSA. Dr. Roy Beck is a great guy. My Mom (in her late 60s) joined NumbersUSA -- that's how I heard about it.

I've posted about NumbersUSA in several posts here, because it seems not a lot of folks know about it. I wish Roy would run some kind of national TV ad to let folks know about the site. People all across the US are fed up with the invasion of illegal immigrants.

I have nothing against folks that come here legally. I applaud anyone that comes here and obeys our laws, and is loyal to this country.

However, the gate crashers that sneak in across the border when they think no one's watching, steal jobs from Americans, break our laws and commit crimes, suck our public services dry (food stamps, WIC, welfare, schools, hospitals) and then take their American riches back to their parasite country -- yeah, I have a HUGE problem with those kinds of people.

I have really good friends from Mexico, Spain, Cuba, Brazil, Russia, Belgium, and Africa -- so this isn't about anything to do with race. It's about people respecting our laws. Period.

You could be orange and covered in pink dots, and I couldn't care less. However, if you're orange and covered in pink dots and enter this country illegally -- I care about that. It p*$$es me off.

Skin color means squat to me anyway. I'm blind, and to me -- everyone is exactly the same.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:26 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,959,536 times
[quote={geek};15279042
You could be orange and covered in pink dots, and I couldn't care less. However, if you're orange and covered in pink dots and enter this country illegally -- I care about that. It p*$$es me off.

Skin color means squat to me anyway. I'm blind, and to me -- everyone is exactly the same.[/QUOTE]

same here. where do I sign up?

Old 07-31-2010, 02:03 PM

Signup for what? NumbersUSA? Their site is here: NumbersUSA

They have a section at NumbersUSA where they profile all US senators and you can view their voting records with regard to illegal immigration. NumbersUSA even gives them a grade (A+ - F) based on their voting track record with regard to immigration bills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration