Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 09:32 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times

Advertisements

This is unprecedented.

http://www.cis.org/articles/2010/259...confidence.pdf

Quote:
On June 11, 2010, the National Immigration and Customs Enforcement Council and its constituent local representatives from around the nation, acting on behalf of approximately 7,000 ICE officers and employees from the ICE Office of Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO), cast a unanimous “Vote of No Confidence” in the Director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), John Morton, and the Assistant Director of the ICE Office of Detention Policy and Planning, (ODPP), Phyllis Coven.
And WHY are they reacting in such an unprecedented manner?

Because the leadership has abandoned the core mission of enforcing US Immigration Laws in favor of programs and policies having to do with ....... amnesty.

I guess that crazy rumor was true, that obama is going to try and take the back door for amnesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 10:00 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,958,589 times
Breaking news: Union boss disses employer.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:27 PM

The AFGE union is busy with no confidence votes - they voted against Rumsfeld & also Michael Chertoff's deputy (Aguilar) for similar reasons. Border Agents’ Unanimous No-Confidence Vote: Will ICE Agents Vote?; Peppermint Patty Update | Debbie Schlussel

2007:
Within the ranks, many believe the only way to reduce illegal immigration is to crack down on employers. [Union President T.J.] Bonner, Pierce and others blame Aguilar for promoting legalization and guest worker programs. Also, they also accuse him of insufficiently defending his agents. Agents are quitting at an increased clip, Bonner said, with attrition at 12 percent this year, up from 4 percent a year ago. “I’ve been an agent for 29 years now, and I’ve never seen morale lower,” he said.

I am a Special Agent of ICE (Customs) with [more than two decades] on the job and I feel their [Border Patrol agents'] frustration and anger with the Bush Aministration and the folks who ran the last Congress for pushing the amnesty agenda. We passed the 1986 amnesty bill for illegals and what have we gotten? Yet another tidal wave of illegals coming to this country in search of low wage jobs, free education, free medical care, free public asssitance and freedom to demand that they not be prosecuted for their illegal entry.
The Govt. wont even enforce laws on the books to prosecute employers of illegals. We can use the past to determine how any new laws will be enforced.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:31 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,518,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
The AFGE union is busy with no confidence votes - they voted against Rumsfeld & also Michael Chertoff's deputy (Aguilar) for similar reasons. Border Agents’ Unanimous No-Confidence Vote: Will ICE Agents Vote?; Peppermint Patty Update | Debbie Schlussel

2007:
Within the ranks, many believe the only way to reduce illegal immigration is to crack down on employers. [Union President T.J.] Bonner, Pierce and others blame Aguilar for promoting legalization and guest worker programs. Also, they also accuse him of insufficiently defending his agents. Agents are quitting at an increased clip, Bonner said, with attrition at 12 percent this year, up from 4 percent a year ago. “I’ve been an agent for 29 years now, and I’ve never seen morale lower,” he said.

I am a Special Agent of ICE (Customs) with [more than two decades] on the job and I feel their [Border Patrol agents'] frustration and anger with the Bush Aministration and the folks who ran the last Congress for pushing the amnesty agenda. We passed the 1986 amnesty bill for illegals and what have we gotten? Yet another tidal wave of illegals coming to this country in search of low wage jobs, free education, free medical care, free public asssitance and freedom to demand that they not be prosecuted for their illegal entry.
The Govt. wont even enforce laws on the books to prosecute employers of illegals. We can use the past to determine how any new laws will be enforced.

proves ICE was and still is a joke

Old 08-05-2010, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
proves ICE was and still is a joke
Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. Don't get fooled again.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:39 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,518,315 times
Quote:
Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. Don't get fooled again.
I wasn't fooled the first time, were you? I guess thats how we got to somewhere between 12 and 20 million.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:39 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times
They are just following the orders of The great one

Old 08-05-2010, 11:48 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,888,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
They are just following the orders of The great one
2009 saw the most deportations and voluntary departures in US history. I guess the "Great One" told them to throw more people out?

Old 08-06-2010, 12:52 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,633,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
2009 saw the most deportations and voluntary departures in US history. I guess the "Great One" told them to throw more people out?
oh piffle. In the overall scheme of things, it is just a drop in the bucket.......a mere smokescreen. Most were back across the border by midnight of the same day anyway.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:41 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Breaking news: Union boss disses employer.
Along with 7000 agents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration