Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 08:31 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times

Advertisements

Seriously, kill two birds with one stone. Those obnoxious, noxious and unnecessary portable pollution backpacks are by far, the most stupid thing ever to hit the market. I have a neighbor that paved over her entire backyard and still uses a gardening service that shows up three times a week to blow dirt into the air. Are people this stupid all over the country? It's bad enough we are dealing with the onslaught of illegals, but having to deal with this insane polluting and horribly noisy machine attached their backs is way over the top. Is this the job niche that American workers will not fill? Some cities have had the sense to ban these things, sadly and pathetically, mine has not.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:36 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Must be a liberal.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:43 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Leaf blowers are indeed annoying. They are also highly effective. So much so that I often wonder why you need hire anyone to do it for you. What's next? Hiring people to turn the lights on and off?

Old 08-12-2010, 08:45 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,139,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Seriously, kill two birds with one stone. Those obnoxious, noxious and unnecessary portable pollution backpacks are by far, the most stupid thing ever to hit the market. I have a neighbor that paved over her entire backyard and still uses a gardening service that shows up three times a week to blow dirt into the air. Are people this stupid all over the country? It's bad enough we are dealing with the onslaught of illegals, but having to deal with this insane polluting and horribly noisy machine attached their backs is way over the top. Is this the job niche that American workers will not fill? Some cities have had the sense to ban these things, sadly and pathetically, mine has not.
I'm with you on those things. Too often I'll see a "landscaping professional" blowing 3 or 4 leaves around while burning gasoline and polluting the area with the noise.

Which leads me to a point: The majority of people whether D or R, are anti-illegal to an extent. Yet two industries that are doing quite well (home repair/renovation & landscaping) are huge employers of illegals. No one seems to push back... it's like if the XYZ company can save me $300, their illegal employees are welcome!

We are such whores for a cheap price.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:47 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
good idea for sure it wont come from the feds they want them here.
that is clear. when the law breaks the law there is no law (billy jack 1971)

Old 08-12-2010, 08:48 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Must be a liberal.
ya think?

Old 08-12-2010, 08:49 AM

13,692 posts, read 9,011,664 times
I certainly agree about the leaf blowers. I can use a broom and sweep the street/curb in front of my house in five minutes; the guy next door can spend half an hour using that blasted leaf blower, chasing leaves from one side to the other, then back.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:49 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Leaf blowers are indeed annoying. They are also highly effective. So much so that I often wonder why you need hire anyone to do it for you. What's next? Hiring people to turn the lights on and off?
Well having once owned a home with four huge and totally obnoxious sycamores on my property and another guzillion on either side of me, back pack leaf blowers are a god send at least 6 times a year.

Now I would have never hired anyone to run my leafblower, I love power tools. In fact I won't let my wife buy anything from Ikea unless it can be assembled with a power tool. But having said that, leaf blowing with a gas powered leaf blower will leave you absolutely filthy. Not a problem for me, but I can see how it would be bothersome for others.

PS - Here in the Philadelphia area, leafblowing is still so prestigious that white people still actually do it.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:52 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
you are so right on the money. I used to live in an apartment where I had the window open all of the time due to good ocean side weather. Once every monday morning, I'd have to go shut the window quickly to avoid the gasoline fumes from invading my apartment. those machines should be banned. Illegals would moan and groan about it i'm sure, but at least the public could sleep and not have to breathe all of the settled dirt and gasoline fumes.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:01 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Besides the noxious fumes that these idiotic things emit, they make stuff airborne that is not meant to be airborne such as bird and small animal fecal matter. Nothing wrong with raking leaves manually as we got along without these ridiculous things before some snake oil salesman realized that Americans were dumb enough to buy stuff they do not need. I live in what is the most paved over city in the entire USA and yet these moronic machines are ubiquitous. I do not spend all of my time agonizing over the Latino immigration problem, but when I see one with one of these on his back, I consider moving to Arizona.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 08-12-2010 at 09:15 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration