U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-20-2013, 10:16 AM
 
3,186 posts, read 5,456,789 times
Reputation: 1818

Advertisements

If we had a national emergency that required a draft millions of our sons would be forced to go and fight and die. This is a fact. My question is because the illegals haven't even registered (federal law requires it) just what would they be doing while our sons served...Our government has a plan in place for our sons what plan is in place for the illegals? Its a fair question and I have never seen an answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-20-2013, 10:40 AM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,100,483 times
Reputation: 2199
Order them to leave the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2013, 11:45 AM
Status: "Not politically correct" (set 1 day ago)
 
Location: Western Colorado
10,544 posts, read 11,637,607 times
Reputation: 24207
If the USA got into WW 3 and had to impose a draft, I imagine the illegal aliens would say, "adios".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2013, 12:44 PM
 
Location: Eastern Missouri
3,054 posts, read 5,031,003 times
Reputation: 1377
IF an illegal wanted to serve in our military, I say that's ok after being completely checked out. Sign them up for a mininum 10 year service contract and then after they are in say 3 years, they can be given the courses to become a citizen of ONLY the United States. (no duel citizenship). I feel that if they are willing to put thier life on the line for our Nation, then they earn the right to be citizens. But not until they are willing and serve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2013, 06:13 PM
 
Location: On a Long Island in NY
7,624 posts, read 8,119,825 times
Reputation: 6949
Use them for expendable purposes on the battlefield. That way we can reduce casualties amongst the Americans, sort of like what the French used to do with the French Foreign Legion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2013, 06:15 PM
 
Location: Chicago
3,395 posts, read 3,564,807 times
Reputation: 7773
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
If we had a national emergency that required a draft millions of our sons would be forced to go and fight and die. This is a fact. My question is because the illegals haven't even registered (federal law requires it) just what would they be doing while our sons served...Our government has a plan in place for our sons what plan is in place for the illegals? Its a fair question and I have never seen an answer.
The fact is, "illegals" and their children enlist in the military at a rate far higher than that of the general population. Look it up if you don't believe me...

Last edited by RogersParkGuy; 02-20-2013 at 06:16 PM.. Reason: wrong word
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2013, 06:25 PM
 
31,543 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Reputation: 8401
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
The fact is, "illegals" and their children enlist in the military at a rate far higher than that of the general population. Look it up if you don't believe me...
Actually, you're wrong. Illegal immigrants are not allowed to enlist in our military.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2013, 07:36 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,012,769 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
If we had a national emergency that required a draft millions of our sons would be forced to go and fight and die. This is a fact. My question is because the illegals haven't even registered (federal law requires it) just what would they be doing while our sons served...Our government has a plan in place for our sons what plan is in place for the illegals? Its a fair question and I have never seen an answer.
You participated on a topic a month and a half ago here: Attention, undocumented males

Your initial information on that thread was wrong. Men (with very few exemptions) of any immigration, physical, and mental status need to register between the ages of 18 to 25. If they have entered the United States after turning 26 years old, they are not required to register for the Selective Service. There are illegal aliens, being aware of the requirement, that do register.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2013, 07:41 PM
 
3,186 posts, read 5,456,789 times
Reputation: 1818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Actually, you're wrong. Illegal immigrants are not allowed to enlist in our military.
They are required by federal law to register however if under the age of 26 and MOST dont do it.. I talked to the selective service directly about this. Problem is law or no law no one is enforcing the federal law EXCEPT WHEN IT COMES TO OUR SONS.. I also wonder if the millions of illegals children( males younger than 26) who now are being given drivers licenses are going to be forced to register. After all we now have their names..They shouldn't be able to pick and choose the laws they want to obey.

Last edited by crestliner; 02-20-2013 at 07:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2013, 12:22 PM
 
Location: texas
9,138 posts, read 6,485,302 times
Reputation: 2372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Actually, you're wrong. Illegal immigrants are not allowed to enlist in our military.
then isn't this whole thread a mute point? If they are not allow to enlist, why would they need to sign up for Slective service?

Here's an Idea. If we ever get to the point of needing to re-instate the Draft, then we can ask all immigrants to enlist and earn a quicker pathway to citizenship. If they serve Honorably, then that proves they want to be here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top