Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 08:50 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,512,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
And you don't even get the irony of your post, do you?

FEDERAL LAWS.

Jan Brewer has no business attempting to supercede the Federal Government. And what her law and her hate-filled rhetoric have done is create an atmosphere where CITIZENS now think they have a right to ask another CITIZEN for their "papers".

And that's outrageous.
There's no irony here, we'll let the SCOTUS decide if this violates pre-emption. In the meantime let the state free itself from the scourge of having the highest kidnapping rate in the country due to mexican drugdealers and other ILLEGALS coming into this country ILLEGALY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 08:52 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post

That "papers please" crap is really old. Have you read the bill or are you just parroting the crap spewed by the liberal media?
Dude, what aren't you getting about this thread?

Do you think the text of the law mattered one lick to the woman who thought she had the right to ask my husband to show her his Green Card??? It's about the atmosphere the law and the hate-filled rhetoric it has created are doing to our nation.

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Quote:
Is my location field invisible to you?

This is CALIFORNIA.

Forgive me.

Awww, I think it's so cute that people are using tenuous links between a non-LE official asking for ID in a vain attempt to absolve her of guilt versus a state policy trying to reign in terrorism when DC refuses to act.

2,673 posts, read 3,248,828 times
Quote:
No, he just calmly finished exchanging information, thanked her, got in the car and drove away. I'm telling you, he is unrufflable.

Anyone who's read my posts here should know how lucky that woman was that I wasn't in the car with him, though!
Jill61, thank you for the smiles........you're cracking me up.

1. I'm sorry your husband had a bad day, but am glad he's not hurt.

2. I'm glad you weren't in the car......LOL, otherwise you might be in jail and the jerk woman might be in the hospital. Deservingly so!!

3. Does your husband have a brother? Single brother?

HappyTexan is right, some people have gone way, way overboard. And she ran into him!!!!!!!!! She sounded like a jerk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
The Arizona law is not a federal law, it's a state law. : smack:
I didn't say the AZ law is a federal law. Is critical thinking so hard that I need to explain this to you? AZ passed a state law that calls for the states' law enforcement agencies to enforce federal immigration laws already on the books.

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
It may not be the norm now, but it's evidence of what Jan Brewer and those who support her "Papers, Please" law are certainly turning it into.
oh ok if you say so.
Can't possibly argue with your single incident.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Dude, what aren't you getting about this thread?

Do you think the text of the law mattered one lick to the woman who thought she had the right to ask my husband to show her his Green Card??? It's about the atmosphere the law and the hate-filled rhetoric it has created are doing to our nation.
I know, calling illegals illegal is sooooo hate-filled.

Making a law enforcing legal immigration and punishing illegal is sooo hate-filled.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:55 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
You are SO RIGHT!!!! Curse that hate-filled Jan Brewer for trying to enforce the federal laws on the book that the federal government ignores!!! Damn nazis and their attempts to enforce American immigration laws and American soveriengty!!

Quote:
It may not be the norm now, but it's evidence of what Jan Brewer and those who support her "Papers, Please" law are certainly turning it into.
Quote:

FEDERAL LAWS.

Jan Brewer has no business attempting to supercede the Federal Government. And what her law and her hate-filled rhetoric have done is create an atmosphere where CITIZENS now think they have a right to ask another CITIZEN for their "papers".

And that's outrageous.
ok, so some pinheaded woman rear ends your husband, glad to hear he is ok though, and she is likely NOT a cop, and you have the gall to equate her stupidity with SB1070? have you read the law? have you read the federal law on which sb1070 is based? this crap is getting old, and stupid. stop listening to the liberal media, and actually READ THE DAMN LAW AND SEE WHAT IS SAYS FOR YOURSELF!!!!

private citizens can do nothing in that regard, and the LEOs have a high standard in arizona to meet BEFORE THEY CAN QUESTION ONES CITIZENSHIP!! read the law then get back to me after you find out what a pinhead you are talking about the law.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:55 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,828 times
Quote:

FEDERAL LAWS.

And that's outrageous.
Spot freaking on. Thank you!

Old 09-08-2010, 08:57 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,034,703 times
Quote:
List of states with "papers, please" laws;

Alabama
Arizona
Arkansas
Colorado
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Louisiana
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Mexico
New York
North Dakota
Ohio
Rhode Island
Utah
Vermont
Wisconsin

Stop and Identify statutes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

See also -

Terry v. Ohio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course, it was just a nobody citizen who was asking for a green card.. Like she had any authority anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration