Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 03:11 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Yes it is by very definition a crime. Committing a crime is illegal, I know you love illegal immigrants and all but playing this bull***** cop out weak minded semantics game doesn't change the fact they are criminals. I understand that a very small child brought over here isn't really at fault. But as soon as they turn 18 they are adults and thus they are legally and morally responsible to leave the country as they are illegal and are committing a crime. Oh and as has been said once they are employed (illegally) they are guilty of at least one of the following: ID theft, document fraud, and tax evasion. So you can cry your big crocodile tears over criminals but excuse me if I don't shed a single tear.
Nope they are not guilty of a crime when they turn 18. As long as they don't leave and reenter they have committed no crime.

Use of fraudulent documents is illegal but generally not a crime.

Understanding the facts is clearly not an anti trait. You folks make up stuff faster than it can be shown to be false. That does not change its falisity however.

Old 12-17-2010, 03:18 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Nope they are not guilty of a crime when they turn 18. As long as they don't leave and reenter they have committed no crime.

Use of fraudulent documents is illegal but generally not a crime.

Understanding the facts is clearly not an anti trait. You folks make up stuff faster than it can be shown to be false. That does not change its falisity however.
Criminal Fraud - Denver Criminal Attorney Specializing in Criminal Defense for Denver - Colorado Criminal Lawyer

Old 12-17-2010, 03:20 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Actually every illegal immigrant commits a crime. 100% of them, you know because they are ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS. ILLEGAL! As in, not legal, as in they are committing a crime simply by being on American soil. So you're wrong, the crime rate for illegal immigrants is 100%.
Because of illegal immigrants working in the US, all Americans are at risk of identity theft.

Old 12-17-2010, 03:22 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Yes fraud is a crime. But document fraud is a specific in the federal statute cited above.

Who is the victim in document fraud? Who lost anything?

Again you display the anti inabliity to understand what the law clearly states...

Old 12-17-2010, 03:29 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Yes fraud is a crime. But document fraud is a specific in the federal statute cited above.

Who is the victim in document fraud? Who lost anything?

Again you display the anti inabliity to understand what the law clearly states...
Who is the victim? Well when the ID is false and the car is involved in an accident?
The ID is false and it is used to obtain social services? We the people are the victim.
When the ID in question is actually another persons and their credit is destroyed? I would say there is a victim.
Immigration actually considers it a crime to use fraudulent documents when applying for a VISA. Who is the victim? Oh yeah. We the people.

Old 12-17-2010, 03:46 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Nope. It is not a crime. It is illegal. And there is a difference. And in fact the young involved are not even chargable with a crime.

Too bad you folks can't understand the difference.
And you have a strange perception. A police even once said to me that doing something illegally is a crime. What part of illegal, is legal to you. What exactly is not legal to you.
Too bad some folks are just plain think-headed, and cannot see the truth when it smacks them along side the head!

Old 12-17-2010, 04:05 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,842,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
And you have a strange perception. A police even once said to me that doing something illegally is a crime. What part of illegal, is legal to you. What exactly is not legal to you.
Too bad some folks are just plain think-headed, and cannot see the truth when it smacks them along side the head!
Oh they KNOW exactly what we mean - it just amuses them to play their little "please explain" games.............

Old 12-17-2010, 05:58 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,306,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdthomas View Post
Right now, I'm willing to do whatever within personal ethics to earn some cash, losing everything, including faith in this country.
And what you say supports the fact that we (Americans) will do anything to make our money the right way, but we won't be grossly underpaid for it, cheated or work in bad conditions. It's not that we don't want to work or that we are lazy (as pro-illegal immigration people and illegal immigrants say), it's just that most of us don't have to go and do most of these jobs because we do have jobs. But, right now and for long to come, that just isn't true. We will do the apple picking, cleaning, landscaping or whatever if we have to.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Nope. It is not a crime. It is illegal. And there is a difference. And in fact the young involved are not even chargable with a crime.

Too bad you folks can't understand the difference.
Wow ... is that supposed to be the end-all-be-all of every person's effort to see something done about illegal immigration? Let's just entertain the thought of it NOT being a "crime" in the sense of how it is legally referred to ... does that change anything?

Old 12-17-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Oh they KNOW exactly what we mean - it just amuses them to play their little "please explain" games.............
There are no games. This is real, no one here wants to play games on this topic. I speak for myself and I am sure for many others, we don't need to play games on this, we are at the point to were if we got something to say or a point to make we are going to flat out say it, no beating around the bush or playing "games."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration