U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-08-2011, 07:38 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,897,540 times
Reputation: 22174

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I fail to see how your post is related to the current anti-sentiment of Mexicans toward the U.S. As I said, if you look at the Mexican media you will find that their anger is not about immigration reform. Its about the operation between Mexican cartels and the US Government.
It all depends - a good chunk are angry that a great source of money is potentially disrupted and that their cartels are getting violent fighting over the drug routes into the USA because we keep drugs illegal.

What many Mexicans think is that Americans are weak and prone to drug addiction and that the powerful Mexican cartels should not be hampered or inconvenienced in any way by having their drugs illegal here.

Often you see Mexicans proclaiming almost with pride that Americans are the drug addicts, Mexicans are the drug sellers. They believe that they have every right to poison American youth, destroy our cities with Mexican drugs. We're supposed to just accept their superiority - Vicente Fox was big on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-08-2011, 08:00 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,897,540 times
Reputation: 22174
But my point was - how concerned can we be with their growing anti-American attitudes if so many are going to die trying to get over here, they may hate us but they love our money, they want our materialistic way of life, no matter how much they hate us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2011, 08:24 PM
 
Location: Tempe, Az
1,421 posts, read 1,241,374 times
Reputation: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
But my point was - how concerned can we be with their growing anti-American attitudes if so many are going to die trying to get over here, they may hate us but they love our money, they want our materialistic way of life, no matter how much they hate us.
Let them hate us. Maybe more people will stay HOME.

Hate goes both ways. More and more Americans, even some of us Hispanics, are starting to hate the illegals. Mexicans and OTMs. I dont hate them but, my respect for illegals has fallen bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2011, 08:27 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,848,271 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It all depends - a good chunk are angry that a great source of money is potentially disrupted and that their cartels are getting violent fighting over the drug routes into the USA because we keep drugs illegal.

What many Mexicans think is that Americans are weak and prone to drug addiction and that the powerful Mexican cartels should not be hampered or inconvenienced in any way by having their drugs illegal here.

Often you see Mexicans proclaiming almost with pride that Americans are the drug addicts, Mexicans are the drug sellers. They believe that they have every right to poison American youth, destroy our cities with Mexican drugs. We're supposed to just accept their superiority - Vicente Fox was big on that.
Thanks for this enlightening post. I hadnít considered that angle. But now that I think of it, they only see us as a source of revenue on both sides of the border. Pro-illegals accuse us of dehumanizing illegals, but in reality, illegals dehumanize us. That explains their utter contempt. It also explains their indifference to the suffering of unemployed citizens, and the tremendous burden they have created for taxpayers. They know they lower wages and displace workers, and they know they are a burden, but they simply donít care.

Likewise, on the other side of the border, they have a vested interest in keeping U.S. druggies hooked. There is no urgency in controlling the flow of drugs from Mexico. Itís all a faÁade. Sadly, the thousands of drug-related deaths are simply considered collateral damage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2011, 10:08 PM
 
Location: Native Floridian, USA
4,896 posts, read 5,889,813 times
Reputation: 6056
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Ive just about had it with this arrogant prick. He does nothing but lie to our faces and then stab us in the back as soon as we turn around. I can't wait to see him and Mexico get whats coming to them.

If he wants a war, than I say we give him one. One that will make his entire country a puppet state of the United States.
not a bad idea but it ain't going to happen.....follow the money.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2011, 10:10 PM
 
Location: Native Floridian, USA
4,896 posts, read 5,889,813 times
Reputation: 6056
Quote:
....zacatcana....the confession of the U.S. ATF agent who said it was U.S. DOJ and the ATF who planned an operation to infiltrate US fire arms in Mexico.
please source these items. Very interesting statements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2011, 02:27 AM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,420,129 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It all depends - a good chunk are angry that a great source of money is potentially disrupted and that their cartels are getting violent fighting over the drug routes into the USA because we keep drugs illegal.

What many Mexicans think is that Americans are weak and prone to drug addiction and that the powerful Mexican cartels should not be hampered or inconvenienced in any way by having their drugs illegal here.

Often you see Mexicans proclaiming almost with pride that Americans are the drug addicts, Mexicans are the drug sellers. They believe that they have every right to poison American youth, destroy our cities with Mexican drugs. We're supposed to just accept their superiority - Vicente Fox was big on that.
I have never heard this story before malamute. Can you please cite a source?

Where did you read that the Mexican government is upset about a possible disruption of source of money and routes for drug cartels? That is insane and crazy. Many Mexicans are upset at the current administration in Mexico for deciding to take the cartels head on because as you can see many people have died since they declared war. Had they the government done NOTHING... you would be typing here that the government does not want to disrupt their source of money because as you see...they do nothing about the drug cartels. But since they are doing something about it...guess what... LOL.. They are angry because of the possible disruption of income. Sorry but I dont buy it.

Mexicans dont think that Americans are weak and prone to drug addiction. They KNOW that Americans are their number one buyers/consumers. They know that its not only the Mexicans transporting the drugs. Its also the Colombian cartels and others. As you know, cartels go after even those that want to clean up their addiction. They have killed drug addicts in a number of rehab centers in Mexico. You dont think this concerns Mexico or Mexican government? I dont understand this superiority you talk about. This is an issue that concerns both countries. It clearly affects both countries. I agree with some of the forumers here that it would be convenient for Calderon that Obama passes Immig. Reform...but your belief that Mexicans would be concerned about a disruption of money due to the cartels...we both know regular Mexicans dont see any of this cash...or the government officials. This is only a lucrative business for the cartels and I'm ashamed that my government (U.S.) is providing the fire arms to cartels to make them more powerful in Mexico.

Last edited by zacatecana; 03-09-2011 at 02:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2011, 02:31 AM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,420,129 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
please source these items. Very interesting statements.
Agent: ATF partly to blame for Mexico violence - CBS News Video
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2011, 10:24 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,897,540 times
Reputation: 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I have never heard this story before malamute. Can you please cite a source?

Where did you read that the Mexican government is upset about a possible disruption of source of money and routes for drug cartels? That is insane and crazy. Many Mexicans are upset at the current administration in Mexico for deciding to take the cartels head on because as you can see many people have died since they declared war. Had they the government done NOTHING... you would be typing here that the government does not want to disrupt their source of money because as you see...they do nothing about the drug cartels. But since they are doing something about it...guess what... LOL.. They are angry because of the possible disruption of income. Sorry but I dont buy it.

Mexicans dont think that Americans are weak and prone to drug addiction. They KNOW that Americans are their number one buyers/consumers. They know that its not only the Mexicans transporting the drugs. Its also the Colombian cartels and others. As you know, cartels go after even those that want to clean up their addiction. They have killed drug addicts in a number of rehab centers in Mexico. You dont think this concerns Mexico or Mexican government? I dont understand this superiority you talk about. This is an issue that concerns both countries. It clearly affects both countries. I agree with some of the forumers here that it would be convenient for Calderon that Obama passes Immig. Reform...but your belief that Mexicans would be concerned about a disruption of money due to the cartels...we both know regular Mexicans dont see any of this cash...or the government officials. This is only a lucrative business for the cartels and I'm ashamed that my government (U.S.) is providing the fire arms to cartels to make them more powerful in Mexico.
The drug money in Mexico is huge. It's as big or bigger than the remittances and we know how much the remittances are valued. Drugs are very big business in Mexico.

Look at the narco-corridas - the very popular music with so many - and the legends made of the big drug lords. Lumberto Quintero was like some folk hero, he was killed way back in 1975 which shows how far back and ingrained some of the admiration for the drug traffickers is.

Many of the big drug lords are seen as benefactors, a kind of Robin Hood type hero in their communities. The money they have, their gaudy life styles are very much admired.

Neither government is doing anything about enforcing the border or stopping what comes over it, follow the money - it often goes all the way to the top - both countries I'm afraid.

And we all know what that line in that song "Los Pinos me dan la sombra" refers to. And the family of Salinas de Gortari was involved - I don't think any one has any doubts on that. Enrique's murder remains unsolved but it has all the appearance of a drug trafficking killing.

And yes, many people in Juarez made their money by Juarez being the biggest drug trafficking corridor. Big big money that can easily buy off agents and politicians - again both sides of the border.

People simply don't give up that kind of money easily. All those big mansions over there - we all know what was behind that money. Of course not everyone, certainly not the poor or the honest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2011, 10:34 PM
 
Location: NoVA
1,377 posts, read 2,202,733 times
Reputation: 1911
As much as I hate to say it, we can't afford to tick off Mexico. The illegal tsunami will continue crashing through our borders, and our leaders will continue to drag their feet and not fight it head-on. Remember who our second largest oil supplier is, so if Mexican relations fall apart, the Canadians and Saudis won't be able to continue selling enough to other countries and still pick up the slack for their hungriest and thirstiest customer losing one of it's major suppliers.

Do you want our government to engage in a mass deportation? That won't happen at least until Mexico's oil wells dry up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top