Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 03:12 PM

50,479 posts, read 47,238,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post
You bring up the illegal immigrant topic and anti-illegal viewpoints and get everyone talking about it but forgert that once the discussion opens up to all-all will become involved. The issue is HUGE, not as small as you all tried to make it to begin with. It's ALL up for debate now.

So get over it. You started something-now its time for real discussion compromise and solution.
Compromise? What "compromise"? There will be no amnesty. That you can rest assured. It fails to pass year after year after year after.... well, you get the message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 10:58 AM

234 posts, read 242,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
No, the only effective action is to fire AND deport them. PERIOD.

Cracking down harder on illegal immigrants | StarTribune.com

and from yet another story...........

Erm yes it is justice for those who knowingly and flagrantly break the law.

Florida City immigrant workers denounce racial profiling and deportation | The Florida Independent

Ask yourself this:

How effective has "your way or the highway" been?

The sooner you come to the table and negotiate a compromise the sooner this issue can reach a conclusion.

You have to consider the fact that in the USA, you have enough Americans, civil rights groups, and businesses that are stone walling your anti-illegal agenda at every front.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Compromise? What "compromise"? There will be no amnesty. That you can rest assured. It fails to pass year after year after year after.... well, you get the message.
Your 'my way of the highway" approach is an EPIC fail because all the while that border door remains wide open and illegals continue to enter with little problems of re-entry. Even the illegals that get deported are back in the USA working within a few weeks time.

I don't think a free for all amnesty is the solution but even if a grand scale amnesty doesn't occur the illegals will continue to enter and gain some type of legal status regardless of what you "think".

Do any of these amnesties since 1986 ring a bell?

1. Immigration and Reform Control Act (IRCA), 1986: A blanket amnesty for some 2.7 million illegal aliens

2. Section 245(i) Amnesty, 1994: A temporary rolling amnesty for 578,000 illegal aliens

3. Section 245(i) Extension Amnesty, 1997: An extension of the rolling amnesty created in 1994

4. Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA) Amnesty, 1997: An amnesty for close to one million illegal aliens from Central America

5. Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act Amnesty (HRIFA), 1998: An amnesty for 125,000 illegal aliens from Haiti

6. Late Amnesty, 2000: An amnesty for some illegal aliens who claim they should have been amnestied under the 1986 IRCA amnesty, an estimated 400,000 illegal aliens

7. LIFE Act Amnesty, 2000: A reinstatement of the rolling Section 245(i) amnesty, an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens

8. 100,000 to 200,000 illegal Haitian nationals receive a 18 months of protected status.

9. 80,000 immigrants – - mostly from Islamic countries – - to resettle in the United States during fiscal year 2011

Not to mention that Congress members can grant an illegal alien deportation waivers and does so all the time.
Michelle Malkin » Dianne Feinstein grants an illegal alien deportation waiver

Do you seriously believe that no amnesty is going to happen? LMFAO

Old 03-31-2011, 11:27 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,472,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post
You bring up the illegal immigrant topic and anti-illegal viewpoints and get everyone talking about it but forgert that once the discussion opens up to all-all will become involved. The issue is HUGE, not as small as you all tried to make it to begin with. It's ALL up for debate now.

So get over it. You started something-now its time for real discussion compromise and solution.

You mean don't you, we can have our discussions, come up with compromises, but isn't it the job of our Government and President, to have the solutions. They are in power are they not!!!!!!!

Old 03-31-2011, 12:23 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,765,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post
Your 'my way of the highway" approach is an EPIC fail because all the while that border door remains wide open and illegals continue to enter with little problems of re-entry. Even the illegals that get deported are back in the USA working within a few weeks time.

I don't think a free for all amnesty is the solution but even if a grand scale amnesty doesn't occur the illegals will continue to enter and gain some type of legal status regardless of what you "think".

Do any of these amnesties since 1986 ring a bell?

1. Immigration and Reform Control Act (IRCA), 1986: A blanket amnesty for some 2.7 million illegal aliens

2. Section 245(i) Amnesty, 1994: A temporary rolling amnesty for 578,000 illegal aliens

3. Section 245(i) Extension Amnesty, 1997: An extension of the rolling amnesty created in 1994

4. Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA) Amnesty, 1997: An amnesty for close to one million illegal aliens from Central America

5. Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act Amnesty (HRIFA), 1998: An amnesty for 125,000 illegal aliens from Haiti

6. Late Amnesty, 2000: An amnesty for some illegal aliens who claim they should have been amnestied under the 1986 IRCA amnesty, an estimated 400,000 illegal aliens

7. LIFE Act Amnesty, 2000: A reinstatement of the rolling Section 245(i) amnesty, an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens

8. 100,000 to 200,000 illegal Haitian nationals receive a 18 months of protected status.

9. 80,000 immigrants – - mostly from Islamic countries – - to resettle in the United States during fiscal year 2011

Not to mention that Congress members can grant an illegal alien deportation waivers and does so all the time.
Michelle Malkin » Dianne Feinstein grants an illegal alien deportation waiver

Do you seriously believe that no amnesty is going to happen? LMFAO
Did any one of those amnesties end the flow of illegals into the USA? Illegals now come here not hoping for amnesty but rather expecting and even demanding it.

What's the point in having an immigration system if every X number of years we grant amnesty? Amnesty, in your words, is an "EPIC Fail".

No amnesty. Start deportations.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:35 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,842,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
You mean don't you, we can have our discussions, come up with compromises, but isn't it the job of our Government and President, to have the solutions. They are in power are they not!!!!!!!
No the people are in power. No person enters political position on their own.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Did any one of those amnesties end the flow of illegals into the USA? Illegals now come here not hoping for amnesty but rather expecting and even demanding it.

What's the point in having an immigration system if every X number of years we grant amnesty? Amnesty, in your words, is an "EPIC Fail".

No amnesty. Start deportations.
We have Amnesties becuase America keeps the border doors open. Close the border doors via improved border security and the likelihood of Amnesties go away.

Today you have millions upon millions of illegal immigrants in the USA. Do you seriously believe that deportation is the solution when in fact you have repeatedly failed at electing a government that's willing to take on the politically suicidal mission of deporting over 10+ million illegals & their American citizen children?

Like I said before, you have enough American Citizens, civil rights groups, and businesses that stone wall your fringer anti-illegal agenda at every front.

It's time for you & your ilk to set aside your "my way or the highway" approach at this issue and negotiate a compromise.

20+ years after the 1986 immigration reform act and most of those laws are hardly being enforced.

That's an EPIC fail.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:10 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,853,951 times
From where I sit I see the PRO illegals as having the "my way or the highway" approach you mention, seen only too clearly in all your posts here btw.

All I ever seem to hear frrom your side is "we're not going anywhere, deal with it".

Old 03-31-2011, 01:12 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,765,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post
We have Amnesties becuase America keeps the border doors open. Close the border doors via improved border security and the likelihood of Amnesties go away.

Today you have millions upon millions of illegal immigrants in the USA. Do you seriously believe that deportation is the solution when in fact you have repeatedly failed at electing a government that's willing to take on the politically suicidal mission of deporting over 10+ million illegals & their American citizen children?

Like I said before, you have enough American Citizens, civil rights groups, and businesses that stone wall your fringer anti-illegal agenda at every front.

It's time for you & your ilk to set aside your "my way or the highway" approach at this issue and negotiate a compromise.

20+ years after the 1986 immigration reform act and most of those laws are hardly being enforced.

That's an EPIC fail.
So you admit that amnesty is not a solution? Many of us want the borders closed.

Please tell me what is wrong with wanting laws enforced? If your home was burglarized and the burglar caught, would you not want him prosecuted?

Deportation (note I did not say 'mass') in addition to actual enforcement of immigration law will make those who contemplate coming here illegally think twice. If they've paid thousands to coyotes to come here, only to be caught and sent home, will they keep repeating that mistake?

Amnesty is not a solution. As your other post proved, it only serves as a welcome mat for more and more to enter illegally. Enforcing laws would act as a deterrent as well as revisiting the 14th amendment, and requiring that for a person to be born a USC that one of their parents must be a USC, or naturalized.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:17 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,853,951 times
If we actually started DEPORTING illegals as they were apprehended, rather than using a catch and release program, then slowly we would rid ourselves of the amjority of them. Especially as the ones unapprahended came to the realisation that deportation was a VERY likely event and decided to self deport first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration