Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 02:15 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,669,503 times

Advertisements

Border patrol just releases them back on the streets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 02:36 PM

93 posts, read 138,952 times
it makes you think wtf is wrong with our authorities! So i guess im gonna go rob a bank and admit it openly flaunt it. But i will just say that "i did it to make a better life for my family"

Whos with me!!????!!

Old 04-11-2011, 02:40 PM

I agree.

My family needs money & a better life.

Lets rob the store & bank.

Its all for a better life

Old 04-11-2011, 02:46 PM

577 posts, read 900,470 times
I think the pragmatic answer is-- by this point, there are just too many of them to deport, and the authorities are well aware if that. There are 12 million illegals in the US (please correct me if I'm wrong). Deporting them all would be like emptying out the city of Los Angeles entirely 3 times over, or emptying out all of NYC nearly 1 and a 1/2 times over. We don't have the manpower or resources to do it, and unless legislation is passed all of those 12 million would have a right to appeal their deportation. There's no room in the jails and the legal system is already overwhelmed. So other than a few "symbolic" raids here and there, they're not doing anything about it and probably never will.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:51 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,679,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid825 View Post
We don't have the manpower or resources to do itl.
We have the man power to do it, yes. What is the Mllitary for? And I would go back in in a heartbeat if I had to. And I know a lot of veterans and even people who never served who would do the same.

And there shouldn't be away for any illegal alien to appeal their deportation. It is clearly obvious they broke the law by being here. Do we need more proof?!

Old 04-11-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
I think the pragmatic answer is-- by this point, there are just too many of them to deport, and the authorities are well aware if that. There are 12 million illegals in the US (please correct me if I'm wrong). Deporting them all would be like emptying out the city of Los Angeles entirely 3 times over, or emptying out all of NYC nearly 1 and a 1/2 times over. We don't have the manpower or resources to do it, and unless legislation is passed all of those 12 million would have a right to appeal their deportation. There's no room in the jails and the legal system is already overwhelmed. So other than a few "symbolic" raids here and there, they're not doing anything about it and probably never will.
But at least 7 from the article said they were illegals to the border patrol.

Isn't that the BP's job to protect the border, apprehend the illegals & deport.

Unless we start a civilian force or separate illegal alien police within the U.S borders

Old 04-11-2011, 02:55 PM

952 posts, read 942,714 times
Why are illegals not being deported after openly saying they are illegal?

Look no further than our increasingly corrupt, pathetic, leaders and government.

If Pro is the opposite of Con,

one can understand why Progress and Congress

...are like a Cross to a Vampire

Old 04-11-2011, 02:57 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Border patrol just releases them back on the streets.
Welcome to the Age of Obama. In most of the cases I've followed if an illegal gets their sob story in any type of press in a few days ICE miracolously defers action.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:59 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Eisenhower got rid of 3 million illegals with a Border force of under 1100. They only actually deported about 50K of them. When people get word you mean business they take heed.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:59 PM

577 posts, read 900,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
We have the man power to do it, yes. What is the Mllitary for?
In theory we do, but under current legislation you cannot raid people's homes military-style and throw them on buses back to Mexico. Unless legislation changes, they have the right to appeal and with jails already filled to capacity it simply isn't going to happen. And quite frankly, with our military currently overstretched in 3 mideast wars and "kinetic military actions" we don't have the manpower on US soil for any kind of massive deportation, even if it were legal to do it.

Quote:
And there shouldn't be away for any illegal alien to appeal their deportation. It is clearly obvious they broke the law by being here.
The legislation would have to be changed, and that probably won't ever happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration