Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 06:02 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,669,503 times

Advertisements

Illegal Aliens receiving benefits (WIC Food Program)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 07:13 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
This amounts to millions of able-bodied people who are here illegally.

Millions of uneducated and unskilled cannot come to a country with a much higher cost of living than their own country and accept the lowest paying jobs when there are few jobs available and have the largest number of children than any other group without the welfare.

These people couldn't make it in a country where they speak the language and know the culture. Who would really believe they are making it here where they can never learn the language?

The reality is that the many children they have bring in food stamps, WIC, free housing and cost them nothing at all for health care and schooling, giving birth is like winning the lottery.

Old 05-31-2011, 07:13 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,679,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Illegal Aliens receiving benefits (WIC Food Program)
All you need is an ID in order to get WIC...and proof of address. I was told I could just mail myself an envelope prior to going to the WIC office and that would be enough to prove where I live.

They didn't ask me if I am here legally, if I am even pregnant (I am not kidding. I didn't even have to show proof of pregnancy) or if I have kids.

I applied in Lowell, MA. Another city overrun with illegals. The ladies who helped me could barely speak English and I was the only English speaking person in the waiting room. Everyone else required an interpreter. Cambodian and Spanish.

"We watch them pull up in a Mercedes, Coach purses, iPhones and diamond rings," said Baker." I saw a brand new BMW in the parking lot...and this family of 3 who was in the waiting room drove off in it...and they didn't speak English. They needed an interpreter.

Awesome, isn't it?

Old 05-31-2011, 08:41 AM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Now come on, they can't get WIC, the pro-criminal side said so.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:10 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
This amounts to millions of able-bodied people who are here illegally.

Millions of uneducated and unskilled cannot come to a country with a much higher cost of living than their own country and accept the lowest paying jobs when there are few jobs available and have the largest number of children than any other group without the welfare.

These people couldn't make it in a country where they speak the language and know the culture. Who would really believe they are making it here where they can never learn the language?

The reality is that the many children they have bring in food stamps, WIC, free housing and cost them nothing at all for health care and schooling, giving birth is like winning the lottery.
To illegals, children are nothing but walking sales products that they must keep in stock
in order for their income to continue.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:15 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
KickAssArmyChick;19379895]All you need is an ID in order to get WIC...and proof of address. I was told I could just mail myself an envelope prior to going to the WIC office and that would be enough to prove where I live.
I've about heard this before from someone that was at the welfare office.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:38 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,836,467 times
Are you all not aware of the requirement of WIC in all states...?

Who gets WIC?
WIC is available to women who are pregnant or breastfeeding or have given birth within
the past two months, and children up to their 5th birthday. To be eligible for WIC, they
must meet the following requirements:
Be a resident of Georgia or a migrant farm worker currently living in Georgia.

Thats it...
[LEFT]
Dont like the benefit requirement...change the law.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:46 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Are you all not aware of the requirement of WIC in all states...?

Who gets WIC?
WIC is available to women who are pregnant or breastfeeding or have given birth within
the past two months, and children up to their 5th birthday. To be eligible for WIC, they
must meet the following requirements:
• Be a resident of Georgia or a migrant farm worker currently living in Georgia.

Thats it...
[LEFT]
Dont like the benefit requirement...change the law.

I was going to post this. I live in the Metro Atlanta area and received WIC 8 years ago. It was interesting to me that usually when I had to go to the office, there were only, maybe 3 other families who spoke English. It was ridiculous. I had lost my job and they gave me crap about applying. I also was breastfeeding and didn't even need the formula for my baby but they still gave me problems when I wasn't going to cost them nearly as much as all the illegal aliens. When I brought this up to them, they shut their mouths.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:55 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,836,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I was going to post this. I live in the Metro Atlanta area and received WIC 8 years ago. It was interesting to me that usually when I had to go to the office, there were only, maybe 3 other families who spoke English. It was ridiculous. I had lost my job and they gave me crap about applying. I also was breastfeeding and didn't even need the formula for my baby but they still gave me problems when I wasn't going to cost them nearly as much as all the illegal aliens. When I brought this up to them, they shut their mouths.
I cant speak to your treatment, but how does that or anything else you posted have to do with who is eleigible in Georgia for WIC benefits.

Since WIC is a federally funded program and if you feel that it is poorly run in Georgia, I guess the people of Georgia can vote to do away with the program and no Georgian women, infant, or child will qualify.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:02 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,872,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
I cant speak to your treatment, but how does that or anything else you posted have to do with who is eleigible in Georgia for WIC benefits.

Since WIC is a federally funded program and if you feel that it is poorly run in Georgia, I guess the people of Georgia can vote to do away with the program and no Georgian women, infant, or child will qualify.

WIC is meant to help American children, not the offspring of foreign nationals afford to stay some place they don't belong. One has nothing to do with the other. It is disgusting that you would even suggest that we can't help our own citizens unless we agree to help criminals at the same time.

The people in Georgia and the people of the United States have repeatedly voted for immigration laws that state that if you want to come here you'd better do so legally with permission and you'd better damned well not go on welfare.

If you really wanted to do what the people in Georgia (and the American public) we'd enforce existing laws against illegal aliens. Very few Americans want them here. They very often don't speak English. They pay very in taxes. They are a drain on the public till.

The problem isn't our laws. The problem is pandering politicians, an idiotic arrogant ethnic lobby that puts the needs of their raza above the needs of the American public and some greedy employers who would rather import slaves than pay a decent wage to locals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration