Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 12:10 AM

321 posts, read 362,972 times

Advertisements

The idea has crossed my mind recently and I think it can be done. Shaping the political landscape and law enforcement framework in order to accomplish this would be the first major components.

Organization can be easily started on the social media modes of communication.
Of course having a 100% conservative state will not be possible; However achieving a place where immigration laws are 100% enforced will be.

My vision would include an application process to screen potential applicants to ensure they were citizens, non criminals, and center to right politically.

Over 55 communities exist, Amish Communities Indian Reservations exist, College Campuses exist, and with a well developed plan we can have a conservative, illegal alien free community.

Once we establish a foundation, we can expand our footprint, stretching our base farther until we occupy an entire state. We can still use state and federal resources, just like illegal aliens do. It is time for the left and the illegal aliens to fear our expansion, our ideals, our way of life.

Like minded individuals need to assemble and grow our political clout. This is obviously a hypothetical scenario but:

1-Would you be interested? and
2-Could it be done given today's super polarized nation?
3-Which county/state should we start in your opinion?

It seems like NOW is the time. Obama has polarized this nation more than ever. Time for a change
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 12:23 AM

300 posts, read 250,374 times
The Free State Project is already trying to gain enough members to move to New Hampshire.

A conservative community wouldnt be a bad thing, except the jesus freaks would drive people like me away.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwrek View Post
The Free State Project is already trying to gain enough members to move to New Hampshire.

A conservative community wouldnt be a bad thing, except the jesus freaks would drive people like me away.

Hmmm..Yeah the religion aspect would be a thing to contend with. I dont know any religious people that push their religion currently so I cannot comment on the issue.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:34 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquabluesrq View Post
Obama has polarized this nation more than ever. Time for a change
Not sure why you would focus on Obama, being that his administration is deporting twice as many immigrants as Bush.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Not sure why you would focus on Obama, being that his administration is deporting twice as many immigrants as Bush.

What part of zero illegal aliens do you not understand?

His fiscal policies and economic policies that stunt small business growth are major problems. Growing the economy through small business, entrepreneurship, and low taxes are what my hypothetical community would have.

Bloated gov't is a no no

Old 07-27-2011, 01:50 AM

Quote:
The part where Bush gets a free pass and Obama gets trashed, even though is record is better than Bush's.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
The part where Bush gets a free pass and Obama gets trashed, even though is record is better than Bush's.
I never said that. This OP involves zero illegal aliens living in a hypothetical community. If you wanna discuss current and former president's immigration policies please take this discussion to a better suited thread and link for me.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:17 AM

Quote:
If you wanna discuss current and former president's immigration policies please take this discussion to a better suited thread and link for me.
You brought up President Obama in the illegal immigration forum and you make this statement?

Old 07-27-2011, 02:21 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,447 times
Quote:
We can still use state and federal resources
Worst conservative ever!

Old 07-27-2011, 02:22 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,447 times
Quote:

His fiscal policies and economic policies that stunt small business growth are major problems. Growing the economy through small business, entrepreneurship, and low taxes are what my hypothetical community would have.

Bloated gov't is a no no
Wasn't the OP specifically calling Obama out?

Do you own a small business?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration