Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 08:24 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,602,856 times

Advertisements

LOUISVILLE — Managers of an apartment complex with a high concentration of Hispanics have told residents that if they are illegal immigrants, they must move out by the end of the month.

“This management company and the building owner will not accept or allow any illegal aliens to live in the apartments,” reads the opening line of a three-paragraph letter addressed to all tenants of Lakeview Apartments in Louisville.

The letter orders all illegal immigrants to vacate their apartments by the end of August or face the threat of being reported to “the proper authorities. You will be arrested and deported,” it states.

Illegal immigrants told to find new homes : Local News : Knoxville News Sentinel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 09:45 AM

26 posts, read 53,966 times
When my husband moved to the US from Mexico, he had to live in a hotel for almost one month! His social security number card took almost 1 month to be ready and he couldn't find any apartments that would rent without a social security number. Maybe they thought he was an illegal alien. It feels bad to be treated like that, even more when it's not one's fault.

Old 08-16-2007, 09:53 AM

575 posts, read 3,132,730 times
If you don't have all your paperwork ready, you have to wait before you go, I mean thats just logical. You wouldn't go to a country if you were going to stay without a visa, they wouldn't even let you in through the door.

This guy doesn't want to get arrested for harboring illegals, so they must vacate

Old 08-16-2007, 10:00 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
If you read the article, you will see what angle it is being presented from. Sickening.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:00 AM

No, he had a working visa and was actually working, but his SSN Card wasn't ready yet. My point is that it's not fair to be judged and be treated in a bad way based on what other people do.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:12 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okayokay View Post
No, he had a working visa and was actually working, but his SSN Card wasn't ready yet. My point is that it's not fair to be judged and be treated in a bad way based on what other people do.

A little inconvenience you may have or do experience is well worth getting to live in a country that is 1000 times better then where you came from. Early immigrants faced many hardships and still bent down to kiss the ground of the good old USA, grateful for their opportunity to live here.

My hat's off to the landlord! Hopefully more will follow suit.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:25 AM

Talking Not really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
A little inconvenience you may have or do experience is well worth getting to live in a country that is 1000 times better then where you came from.
Not really. Where I come from was 1000 times better than here. I used to have everything done for me, over there I didn't even have to do my own bed. Maybe you need to go (again?) to Mexico and see that not everything is bad there. My family and I were here only for a period of time and in two months we're heading back to the GOOD LIFE. Can't wait!

Old 08-16-2007, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Not really. Where I come from was 1000 times better than here. I used to have everything done for me, over there I didn't even have to do my own bed. Maybe you need to go (again?) to Mexico and see that not everything is bad there. My family and I were here only for a period of time and in two months we're heading back to the GOOD LIFE. Can't wait!
It cannot be great in Mexico when millions and millions are fleeing there and the flood of illegals keep coming. Have a wonderful trip back.

Last edited by citigirl; 08-16-2007 at 11:06 AM..

Old 08-16-2007, 10:31 AM

10,179 posts, read 11,166,444 times
Quote:
Well in America we do things differently - This is not Mexico - Sometimes you have to DEAL with the differences and honestly a month in a hotel - is nothing. I just spent 7 weeks in one - waiting to close on my house.

Old 08-16-2007, 11:15 AM

I went back to wash some dishes and the statement that Mexico is better then America nagged on my mind. Here we have millions of Mexican citizens crawling through the desert, some dying, some killed by bandits to flee Mexico and by all accounts "come to America for a better life".

One question, why would so many risk their very life if Mexico is so much better then America? One person who does not have to make their bed does not speak for the masses that have stated the horrible conditions and inability to feed their families.

I too would probably head for the border if I could not feed my family. I understand their plight but illegal is still illegal and unless you immigrate legally you should be deported.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration