Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 03:48 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
The Obama administration had deported about 1.06 million as of Sept. 12, against 1.57 million in Bush's two full presidential terms. This is very surprising to me, why don't our republican candidates have such strong deportation conviction? They talk the talk sometimes but I have yet to see them walk the walk at debates or in the house. They avoid the issue and I'm tired of it. I won't vote for anyone who avoids this issue again.
You are using the pandering Bush as an example of all Republicans? There are many Republicans including at least a couple of presidential candidates that are strongly against illegal immigration and will take steps to remedy it. Yes, I am still skeptical however as to what they would actually do if elected since all politicans seem to be sewn from the same cloth but I still have more hope with the Republicans on this issue than the overwhelmingly pandering Democrats for votes. Obama is for amnesty. He has made that perfectly clear in spite of the number of deportations under his watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 07:05 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
The Obama administration had deported about 1.06 million as of Sept. 12, against 1.57 million in Bush's two full presidential terms. This is very surprising to me, why don't our republican candidates have such strong deportation conviction? They talk the talk sometimes but I have yet to see them walk the walk at debates or in the house. They avoid the issue and I'm tired of it. I won't vote for anyone who avoids this issue again.
I would be the first to applaud Obama for his deportation record, had he not had ulterior motives, and actually enforced our immigration laws. He only did what was necessary to garner support for a future amnesty, and those deportations were simply Phase 1. In addition, deporting illegals without also securing the border, is pointless, and just a huge waste of tax dollars. Some illegals have been deported 10-15 times. It’s a joke. In fact, many consider it a U.S. tax-funded vacation, and look forward to visiting relatives in Mexico. They always return. So, what progress has actually been made?

Old 09-28-2011, 07:31 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I would be the first to applaud Obama for his deportation record, had he not had ulterior motives, and actually enforced our immigration laws. He only did what was necessary to garner support for a future amnesty, and those deportations were simply Phase 1. In addition, deporting illegals without also securing the border, is pointless, and just a huge waste of tax dollars. Some illegals have been deported 10-15 times. It’s a joke. In fact, many consider it a U.S. tax-funded vacation, and look forward to visiting relatives in Mexico. They always return. So, what progress has actually been made?
LOL Obama gives the term Catch and release a whole new meaning.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:33 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,606,714 times
Quote:
Well, I thought I found it odd that the democratic president was doing more than the republican congress. How that would help an Amnesty decision I don't know but it was odd to see which is why I brought it up. I see your point.

I also agree with the border security, I live on the border and don't feel safe at all. Those agents need to be stopping traffic instead of arming it as well. I don't feel safe especially with the recent news about the ATF agents. I am just starting to think it's in our hands. We need to insist that whom ever we put in office this time does the job and stops sweeping it under the rug as soon as they get elected. I was very disappointed with the recent debate, lost a little faith in my party. I was expecting to see a lot more on the issue. It's not like we the people haven't been making a loud fuss, they know what we want. It just seems that everyone is ignoring it lately.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
LOL Obama gives the term Catch and release a whole new meaning.
I’m just glad I wasn’t eating or drinking anything when I read this.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You are using the pandering Bush as an example of all Republicans? There are many Republicans including at least a couple of presidential candidates that are strongly against illegal immigration and will take steps to remedy it. Yes, I am still skeptical however as to what they would actually do if elected since all politicians seem to be sewn from the same cloth but I still have more hope with the Republicans on this issue than the overwhelmingly pandering Democrats for votes. Obama is for amnesty. He has made that perfectly clear in spite of the number of deportations under his watch.
Great! Who are they? I would love to look into them for my vote as I am greatly discouraged and skeptical as well. I don't doubt Obama is for amnesty, he should be he is a democrat but I just think they all are going to bring amnesty to the table in fear of losing the hispanic vote. The surprise is that Obama deported so many and republicans are floundering on border control. Don't you find that odd? Give me some names and restore my faith will ya.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
I’m just glad I wasn’t eating or drinking anything when I read this.
They have to be released to their country, they are in any country but at least he caught as embarrassing as it is to say. I still want to know what hope we really have in 2012. Give me the hope and I'll vote for it. I'm not into party politics, just give me the real deal regardless.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Well, I thought I found it odd that the democratic president was doing more than the republican congress. How that would help an Amnesty decision I don't know but it was odd to see which is why I brought it up. I see your point.

I also agree with the border security, I live on the border and don't feel safe at all. Those agents need to be stopping traffic instead of arming it as well. I don't feel safe especially with the recent news about the ATF agents. I am just starting to think it's in our hands. We need to insist that whom ever we put in office this time does the job and stops sweeping it under the rug as soon as they get elected. I was very disappointed with the recent debate, lost a little faith in my party. I was expecting to see a lot more on the issue. It's not like we the people haven't been making a loud fuss, they know what we want. It just seems that everyone is ignoring it lately.
Part of their amnesty strategy is to convince citizens that most of the hardened criminals have been deported. That is also why they made such a big production out of their new policy to only target “criminal” illegals. Never mind the fact that they usually return. They think if we believe the remaining illegals are “law-abiding” we will be much more receptive to another amnesty. Also, an essential part of their plan is to tout our “secure” borders, ergo, Napolitano’s claim that our borders are now “more secure” than ever.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:57 PM

Quote:
They have to be released to their country, they are in any country but at least he caught as embarrassing as it is to say. I still want to know what hope we really have in 2012. Give me the hope and I'll vote for it. I'm not into party politics, just give me the real deal regardless.
Sadly, our politicians have made me quite cynical. I honestly don’t trust either side, because they are all in bed with big business, and they do their bidding, at ANY cost. I have no hope for the near future of this country. They have us exactly where they want us. . . . DIVIDED.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:02 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Great! Who are they? I would love to look into them for my vote as I am greatly discouraged and skeptical as well. I don't doubt Obama is for amnesty, he should be he is a democrat but I just think they all are going to bring amnesty to the table in fear of losing the hispanic vote. The surprise is that Obama deported so many and republicans are floundering on border control. Don't you find that odd? Give me some names and restore my faith will ya.
The Hispanic vote doesn't mean squat compared to the non-hispanic vote in numbers. I wish these candidates would wake up and smell the coffee.

I like Romney and Cain. I am still somewhat of a skeptic but these two seem to be the toughest on illegal immigration. I also like the fact that they both have been businessmen and can hopefully turn our economy and job prospects around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration