Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 03:50 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,853,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Wow, had that been a US citizen who assaulted a police officer, the person would have had his rights beaten or tasered into him. Assuming he didn't die while being beat to a bloody pulp or tasered to death, of course.

But no, if it's an illegal alien from Latin America assaulting a cop, the cop better just take it or he's fired and the justice system better give the illegal a slap on the wrist or AG Holder will come get you
Why only from Latin America?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey_The_Laws View Post
Guaman’s non-English speaking wife most likely an illegal alien too said She said she hoped her husband will be deported to Ecuador so he doesn't have to suffer here.”

This is typical south of the border thinking. Her husband just killed someone in front of her son and she has no compassion for the dead man or his family. All she can think of is he’s not going to beat the wrap this time and go easy on him.

Isn’t it time we stopped going easy on illegal aliens. I think we should deport her and she can either take her children or give them to Child Protective Custody. We need to End this Birthright Citizenship crap! We all know what they do, they bleed the system dry to where there’s nothing left for needy Americas. Then they want special privileges and entitlements and our government gives it to them. Fire every politician in office!
"This is typical south of the border thinking"

Is this typical "north of the border thinking" about what those "south of the border" are thinking? Such an objectionable stereotype for EVERYONE from south of our border having this as their "typical thinking" makes me wonder about your thinking. I'm seeing the focus in and on topics specifically identifying Hispanics in general again, as well as nationalities of specific geographical areas.

Perhaps Yac can provide some guidelines as a refresher again...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 04:14 PM

256 posts, read 287,407 times
Buwhahahahahaha!

Old 09-30-2011, 07:03 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,492,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post

"This is typical south of the border thinking"

Is this typical "north of the border thinking" about what those "south of the border" are thinking? Such an objectionable stereotype for EVERYONE from south of our border having this as their "typical thinking" makes me wonder about your thinking. I'm seeing the focus in and on topics specifically identifying Hispanics in general again, as well as nationalities of specific geographical areas.

Perhaps Yac can provide some guidelines as a refresher again...
Lookin at the way Mexicans are killing NMexicans IN Mexico these days; many people including me agree with the anger against SOME Latin American ways of doin things.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:45 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,970,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Almost all the illegals here are from Latin America and the worst offender is the Mexican government and story after story, you always hear the Latin American illegal killing a US citizen, and gets away with murder, literally

Last edited by theunbrainwashed; 09-30-2011 at 11:01 PM..

Old 10-03-2011, 06:31 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,445,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Rick.. It's Deval "Cadillac" Patrick... Get it right

Mass is being overrun with illegal aliens. The town where I was born in, Framingham, as well as the city of Lawrence used to be decent places to live but they have been on the decline since illegals started flooding them. Also Marlborough. Lowell, Springfield and the list goes on. The cities with the highest amount of illegals happen to be among the poorest in the state as well. Coincidence? I think not!

Lowell also has thousands of illegals from Asia; they have the second largest Cambodian population in the country. While some of them are legal, most are not. Not to mention Mexicans and folks from Central and South America.

Some people think that we do not have a problem with illegals from South of the Border because we are not a border state but that couldn't be more far from the truth! Unfortunately our governor has been an enabler and basically has turned this state into a free for all. People flock here illegally because they KNOW they can get away with living off taxpayers...and according to Thomas "Mumbles" Menino, grand theft auto committed by illegals is no big deal..

What kind of message do you think that sends to people?
My guess is that the Cambodians are mostly legal coming as refugees (another programs that needs to be critically looked at). The Brazilians are mostly illegals they come on student and tourist visas and don't go back. Yet I'm hearing more are going back to Brazil since their economy is picking up.

Brazilians are attracted to your part of the world because the area has a long history of Cape Verdean and Portuguese migration so they are coming to an area where folks speak the language.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:39 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,685,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
My guess is that the Cambodians are mostly legal coming as refugees (another programs that needs to be critically looked at). The Brazilians are mostly illegals they come on student and tourist visas and don't go back. Yet I'm hearing more are going back to Brazil since their economy is picking up.

Brazilians are attracted to your part of the world because the area has a long history of Cape Verdean and Portuguese migration so they are coming to an area where folks speak the language.
I have to disagree with some of your statement. They like Massachusetts because they get away with a lot here. We are almost as bad as California.

My dad has heard Brazilians say that everything is "free" in Massachusetts and that's why they like to come here. No joke.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:07 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,756,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I have to disagree with some of your statement. They like Massachusetts because they get away with a lot here. We are almost as bad as California.

My dad has heard Brazilians say that everything is "free" in Massachusetts and that's why they like to come here. No joke.
What is "free" for them?

Old 10-07-2011, 09:03 PM

256 posts, read 287,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
What is "free" for them?
Illegal Immigration to Massachusetts

As of 2007, FAIR estimates the state’s illegal alien population to be around 250,000 persons, or almost four percent of the state's overall population. The annual fiscal cost to Massachusetts taxpayers for emergency medical care, education and incarceration projected by FAIR is currently $580 million. This figure is estimated to rise to $992 million per year in 2010 and $1.7 billion per year in 2020.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:39 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,756,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey_The_Laws View Post
Illegal Immigration to Massachusetts

As of 2007, FAIR estimates the state’s illegal alien population to be around 250,000 persons, or almost four percent of the state's overall population. The annual fiscal cost to Massachusetts taxpayers for emergency medical care, education and incarceration projected by FAIR is currently $580 million. This figure is estimated to rise to $992 million per year in 2010 and $1.7 billion per year in 2020.
Why do people keep posting "studies" done by obviously biased groups like FAIR, NumbersUsa etc?

Old 10-08-2011, 12:01 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,853,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Why do people keep posting "studies" done by obviously biased groups like FAIR, NumbersUsa etc?
It´s all they have...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration