Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 06:50 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by testmo View Post
illegals have never qualified for welfare or social security

plenty of arguments to use on both sides of the debate. but make them real ones so solutions can be found
They don't qualify for welfare "legally" for themselves but I have heard numerous stories from people who have worked in welfare offices that many do get it through fraud. As I said under another topic they get welfare through their U.S. born children also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 01:47 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Can you defend your position with facts and information? Also, you completely (or perhaps conveniently) ignore the economic damage caused by the new laws in AL and GA.

you mean the laws that the federal goverment is supposed to be enforcing instead of the state?

Old 12-13-2011, 02:50 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,749,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Here is another poll taken 4 years ago. I seriously doubt that Americans have changed their minds today.

"A New York Times/CBS News poll released yesterday found that 69% of adults believe illegal immigrants should “be prosecuted and deported for being in the U.S. illegally.”

NY Times/CBS Poll Finds that 69% Believe Illegal Immigrants Should Be Prosecuted - Rasmussen Reports™
Did you even pay attention to the recent polls i posted contradicting what you posted ?

I will post a recent poll (December) from fox news just for you.

Quote:
Which of the following comes closest to your view about what government policy should be toward illegal immigrants currently in the United States? Should the government...

1)Send all illegal immigrants back to their home country - 19%

2)Have a guest worker program that allows immigrants to remain in the United States to work, but only for a limited amount of time - 13%

3)Allow illegal immigrants to remain in the country and eventually qualify for U.S. citizenship, but only if they meet certain requirements like paying back taxes, learning English, and passing a background check? - 66%

4) Don't know - 2%
Fox News Poll: Immigration | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/interactive/us/2011/12/09/fox-news-poll-immigration/ - broken link)

Old 12-13-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Did you even pay attention to the recent polls i posted contradicting what you posted ?

I will post a recent poll (December) from fox news just for you.

Fox News Poll: Immigration | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/interactive/us/2011/12/09/fox-news-poll-immigration/ - broken link)
So why would Americans change their mind in 4 years even though our economy has gotten worse? Something is amiss about your poll. I can guarantee it. I'd be curious about who was polled.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:
So why would Americans change their mind in 4 years even though our economy has gotten worse? Something is amiss about your poll. I can guarantee it. I'd be curious about who was polled.
Haha, just the kind of response i would expect. Maybe there is something wrong with YOUR poll?

Btw, unlike the link you provided for your poll, mine shows the demographics and political ideology of the people they interviewed.

Old 12-13-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Haha, just the kind of response i would expect. Maybe there is something wrong with YOUR poll?

Btw, unlike the link you provided for your poll, mine shows the demographics and political ideology of the people they interviewed.
900 people polled does not represent an entire nation. As I asked you why would most Americans want illegals to remain here and more legal immigrants to come here since our economy is in the tubes and Americans are out of jobs? That is why I think it is "your"poll that is scewered. It doesn't make any sense. Maybe you can explain it.

Old 12-13-2011, 04:39 PM

Another thing. I wouldn't trust any poll that calls those of us that want immigration enforcement as being anti-"immigrant". One of your polls did that and they also referred to illegal aliens as plain old immigrants or the PC word "undocumented". Yeah, those kinds of polls make a believer out of me as to their validity and unbiasness. ..NOT!

Last edited by chicagonut; 12-13-2011 at 05:23 PM.. Reason: spelling error

Old 12-13-2011, 05:19 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,622 times
The poll uses a poor "PPS" modeling form of sampling. Portions can be over/under represented due to variation selection and auxiliary variables (the report fails to give this info). I say take it for very little.

Old 12-13-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
900 people polled does not represent an entire nation. As I asked you why would most Americans want illegals to remain here and more legal immigrants to come here since our economy is in the tubes and Americans are out of jobs? That is why I think it is "your"poll that is scewered. It doesn't make any sense. Maybe you can explain it.
It seems you don't know even how polling works. Just check how many people were sampled in the poll you posted before you make ignorant remarks like that.

Old 12-13-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
It seems you don't know even how polling works. Just check how many people were sampled in the poll you posted before you make ignorant remarks like that.
I'd appreciate it if you didn't insult me. There is no need for that.

From your Fox poll:

N = 911 registered voters (708 landline, 203 cell phone) Still waiting for you to explain why the majority of voters would be in favor of legaliziing millions of illegal aliens in this country and import even more legal immigrants with the economy in the tubes and jobs being scarce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration