Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 09:25 AM

2,978 posts, read 4,007,979 times

Advertisements

So your assertion that the radio station is changing, and drastic changes will occur in your community is because illegals are invading or Hispanics? Your current comment that you are okay with Hispanics who are legal "invading" your community and taking them over is completely inconsistent with your prior posts. You in fact do not want this "invasion" of Hispanics, whether they are illegal or not, so don't attempt to distinguish between the two now to lure people to your cause.

The fact remains that this entry of a large number of Hispanics is unwelcome to you, legal or illegal is irrelevant to you, as the net effect is the same: they will, according to you, "invade" and "take over"...and you will be the innocent victim of these evil people. I have little sympathy for you, your victimization story, or your theory that the entire way of life as we know it will no longer exist in 5 years.

As I stated earlier..do not attack the people...assign blame where it belongs. Assign the blame to the radio station who SOLD OUT TO THE SPANISH FORMAT just to make a buck. Blame the politicians who are bending over backwards and PASS THE LAWS that will, according to you, make your life a living hell. Blame the corporations for CATERING TO SPANISH EVERYTHING at the expense of your "american way of life" just for the almighty dollar. Blame the government for ALLOWING ANY AND ALL ACTIONS BY THESE HISPANIC people, for the government has the ultimate say. Blame the broken system FOR ENCOURAGING EXPLOITATION by every group including BiG Business, Foreign Firms, and any other group looking to get what they want.

Don't blame Hispanics for participating in the American dream just because it does not constitute what your dream is...or because you do not feel included...or becuase your dream was not fulfilled, or because they do not do things your way...or because they do not see you as right, the boss, or better than them somehow because you have been here longer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 09:35 AM

113 posts, read 415,428 times
Guywithacause, you certainly do have a cause.

Do not try to tell me what I mean. I support LEGAL immigration. I do NOT support ILLEGAL immigration. There is a HUGE difference, but you obviously don't get it. No sh** our local governments have to act, that's what I've been saying. There is a PATTERN of illegal influx. Read some of the other posts here about what has happened to other towns when their resources were being sucked dry by folk who don't contribute to the system. What, you can't bring yourself to read anything contrary to your own naive, over-idealistic opinions?

Wake up already. And if you want to keep your head in the sand, don't come crying later when your quality of life, and that of your children, is destroyed.

"Para Espagnol, el marque dos." That's the future if our society has your attitude.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:58 AM

Lol....I would suggest learning spanish so that your future is not dismal...you can thank all the greedy companies selling out this country for the dollar..everytime you hear that option...remember the real reason why "Para Espanol, marque el dos" exists.

And I too support legal immigration..not illegal immigration. However, your rant switches between illegals overtaxing the system and Hispanics "invading" "your" community, so be consistent.

And I am no idealist...I am in fact a realist. Instead of complaining on here and blaming illegals, legals, Hispanics..whoever...recognize the real problem is greedy corporations, corrupt/inept/petty/greedy politicians, a political system that is rife with exploitation by every group imaginable, a government that is ineffective, bureaucratic, and powerless.

So why then spend so much time pointing the blame on illegals and the problems they will inflict on your community. Why comment on illegals causing the problems...when these are the real problems..and illegals are just one of the MANY symptons? Leave illegals out of it...the real problem is the system....so do something to fix it...as a realist would do....and leave the illegals out of it. If the system were fixed tomorrow..the illegal problem would not exist...agreed? Fix the real problem...blame those that created the mess...

Old 11-08-2007, 10:13 AM

635 posts, read 1,748,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;1944188
And I am no idealist...I am in fact a realist. Instead of complaining on here and blaming illegals, legals, Hispanics..whoever...recognize the real problem is greedy corporations, corrupt/inept/petty/greedy politicians, a political system that is rife with exploitation by every group imaginable, a government that is ineffective, bureaucratic, and powerless.
While I agree corruption is a problem, it's not the source for heavy immigration into this country, and what many consider an illegal immigration problem. Regardless of corrupt areas in both governance and corporations, people are still going to immigrate to the United States both legally and illegaly. Poor immigrants are not going to keep themselves from a better job based on greedy corporations, they NEED the money. Yes most of these immigrants are Latinos, regardless of being legal or illegal. When you are paid a few dollars a day in Mexico, El Salvador, or Guatemala, you need a quick and effective solution. The problem is these poverty stricken countries, they can't support half of their people, so they head north looking for a better life. I'm sorry but until those countries are completely transformed, people are going to come over in groves.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:19 AM

Agreed....the migration north is nothing new and has been happening for hundreds of years..and will likely continue happening. HOWEVER, the system allows and encourages illegals to come...so why wouldn't they? If the $$$ benefits to businesses were no longer there...or laws passed and enforced with heavy $$$ penalties or prison...the illegal problem would be solved. They would not come here for benefits they would no longer be entitled to...jobs they could no longer get, housing they could no longer buy/rent, etc. Problem solved...it is the system...not the people.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:34 AM

635 posts, read 1,748,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guywithacause View Post
Agreed....the migration north is nothing new and has been happening for hundreds of years..and will likely continue happening. HOWEVER, the system allows and encourages illegals to come...so why wouldn't they? If the $$$ benefits to businesses were no longer there...or laws passed and enforced with heavy $$$ penalties or prison...the illegal problem would be solved. They would not come here for benefits they would no longer be entitled to...jobs they could no longer get, housing they could no longer buy/rent, etc. Problem solved...it is the system...not the people.
Actually Latinos did not begin to become noticed in the United States until the 1970's or 1980's. I know it's hard to believe considering the poverty in these countries for centuries. I completely agree with you, the system allows illegal immigrants to want a piece of the pie and to stay in this country. I agree if laws were enforced illegal immigration would be more under control and if businesses didn't see profit of illegal immigrants. But, if numerous laws on the local, state, or federal level began to pass against illegal immigration, states like California, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, Nevada, their economies could be paralyzed. Here in California, there would be a HUGE loss in construction, local restraunts, factories, office jobs, the trucking industry and ports, hotels would crash. Legal or Illegal, the Southwest depends heavily on immigrant labor. The makeup of the system is the problem GuywithaCause, there's 300 million people in this country, there's alot of blue collar jobs that HAVE to be filled, and Latino immigrants take those jobs.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:50 AM

Yup...agreed...since we are about making the most profit at the cost of our society...and many people in this country have the ability/luxury to pick and choose the jobs they are willing to work...this is the connundrum we now face.

So the blame goes squarely back on the system...the way it is set up....greed.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:58 AM

567 posts, read 1,307,976 times
[quote=MsMilford;1943987]What, you can't bring yourself to read anything contrary to your own naive, over-idealistic opinions?

Wake up already. And if you want to keep your head in the sand, don't come crying later when your quality of life, and that of your children, is destroyed.
[quote]

You sound awfully bitter and protective of your supreme knowledge. That is right. MsMilford is the guru of illegal immigration, hence her show on CNN. We are all naive little creatures who are over idealistic.

Look at it from our side.

you are nothing more then someone who is deathly afraid of a change to your community. You are afraid of these people and you are deep down, full of prejudice. What makes you so sure they are going to wreck this neighborhood.

Once again,

I LIVE in a community where illegal immigrants do well. and the community has only benefitted. Just because you have a bad experience .. your supreme experience.. does not mean this will turn in to a re-run of your favorite nightmare.

StateMaster - Total Hispanic Population (most recent) by state

StateMaster - Estimated number of Illegal Immigrants (most recent) by state

New Jersey as a state has nearly 4x the amout of hispanics maryland has, and just as many more illegals... and there is nothing wrong with our prosperous neighborhoods. The vibrant downtowns of Elizabeth, Jersey City, Perth Amboy, New Brunswick, Even a section of Newark are all just as safe as your every day suburban shopping center. and they are all prime location for illegal immigrants.

You can be as "naive" as you like to be , about the good nature of many illegal immigrants.

you can bury your head in the sand to hide your fear.

but not everyone is so hateful and afraid as you are.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:58 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,483,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guywithacause View Post
I love it.
So if you walk by a clothing store that has recently been burglarized, the show windows are smashed and the door is left open, am I safe in assuming that you would go in and help yourself to a new Fall Wardrobe?

Old 11-08-2007, 01:03 PM

Lets stick to the topic at hand...hypotheticals are pointless and take us down different paths...feel free to open a new thread on your hypothetical...this topic still has legs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration