U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-15-2007, 01:43 AM
 
Location: Tennessee/Michigan
27,998 posts, read 46,390,031 times
Reputation: 19403

Advertisements

FORT BLISS, Texas (AP) - Twelve illegal immigrants working as landscapers at Fort Bliss were detained today by military police and turned over to immigration authorities.

All 12 had fake I-Ds and one had forged work papers. The workers were detained and then turned over to Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials.

An official says military police received a tip about possible illegal immigrants working on post. They checked 335 workers for identification and found 12 with false IDs. The workers' countries of origin were unclear.

KGBT 4 - TV Harlingen, TX: 12 illegal immigrants found working at Fort Bliss (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-15-2007, 02:32 AM
 
2,432 posts, read 6,007,288 times
Reputation: 1009
Kudos to the MP's that caught these guys. Too bad the illegals won't see any jail time. No jail time, no deterrent. They'll be back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2007, 10:36 AM
 
12,620 posts, read 17,698,390 times
Reputation: 2988
Well how easy it would be for anyone that wanted to do harm to the base... Ya know I wouldnt be surprised if the terrorist started recruiting American hating mexicans..
Now that is a scary thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2007, 07:41 AM
 
1,210 posts, read 1,038,473 times
Reputation: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
FORT BLISS, Texas (AP) - Twelve illegal immigrants working as landscapers at Fort Bliss were detained today by military police and turned over to immigration authorities.

All 12 had fake I-Ds and one had forged work papers. The workers were detained and then turned over to Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials.

An official says military police received a tip about possible illegal immigrants working on post. They checked 335 workers for identification and found 12 with false IDs. The workers' countries of origin were unclear.

KGBT 4 - TV Harlingen, TX: 12 illegal immigrants found working at Fort Bliss (broken link)
If it's that EZ for Twelve illegal immigrants to get on base how EZ would it be for Arabs to get on base and blow something up??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2007, 09:32 AM
 
537 posts, read 312,705 times
Reputation: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Well how easy it would be for anyone that wanted to do harm to the base... Ya know I wouldnt be surprised if the terrorist started recruiting American hating mexicans..
Now that is a scary thought.
And we all know that there are millions upon millions of Mexicans that hate this country and the citizens that reside here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2007, 09:42 AM
 
Location: Spots Wyoming
18,696 posts, read 35,441,402 times
Reputation: 2147483647
This is funny. When I was in San Diego station in the Navy. The Navy used to hire civilian workers to do grunt work. Clean bilges, wash down and sweep up the dry dock, etc... But the Navy didn't hire them directly. The navy contracted a work force outfit and they hired employee's.

A local news team put their chopper in the air and watched for the bus load of workers to come out the gate. Then they filmed the bus as it drove down to the border fence in san yasidro and as it drove along the fence real slow mexican's would jump out and dodge over to a whole in the fence and return to mexico.

Next morning the bus would cruise along real slow and these mexican's would dodge through the hole and get on the bus. Then the'd head for the base. On the way there, somebody from the company would hand out ID cards for them to use. Another person would coach them on how to pronounce the name on the ID card.

When the company was caught, they said, "We didn't know they were illegal."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2007, 09:57 AM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,713,551 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgussler View Post
This is funny. When I was in San Diego station in the Navy. The Navy used to hire civilian workers to do grunt work. Clean bilges, wash down and sweep up the dry dock, etc... But the Navy didn't hire them directly. The navy contracted a work force outfit and they hired employee's.

A local news team put their chopper in the air and watched for the bus load of workers to come out the gate. Then they filmed the bus as it drove down to the border fence in san yasidro and as it drove along the fence real slow mexican's would jump out and dodge over to a whole in the fence and return to mexico.

Next morning the bus would cruise along real slow and these mexican's would dodge through the hole and get on the bus. Then the'd head for the base. On the way there, somebody from the company would hand out ID cards for them to use. Another person would coach them on how to pronounce the name on the ID card.

When the company was caught, they said, "We didn't know they were illegal."
This never would have happened back in the old days. Back then the military understood the concept that 'Idle Hands are the Devil's Playmate'. They realized that any time you had large groups of young males sitting round without things to do for any period of time, trouble would erupt. So sailors on ships were kept busy endlessly repainting things and cleaning stuff that had just been cleaned 48 hours ago. The army would have them polish floors, wash their tanks, peel potatoes, etc. Not sure what the Air Force did. Anyhow, back then I am sure that the jobs such as landscaping and sweeping the dry dock would have been done by men (and now women) in uniform. With no security risk. But back then we had the draft, not a volunteer force. That is probably part of the reason they bring in outsiders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2007, 10:47 AM
 
Location: Spots Wyoming
18,696 posts, read 35,441,402 times
Reputation: 2147483647
Yeah, it was right after the draft ended. 1975-1976 time frame. They military was trying to figure out how to make up for shortages. About the same time that we went to civilian gate guards, civilian base cops, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2007, 10:55 AM
 
Location: Northern VA (for now)
23,015 posts, read 31,984,992 times
Reputation: 30411
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
FORT BLISS, Texas (AP) - Twelve illegal immigrants working as landscapers at Fort Bliss were detained today by military police and turned over to immigration authorities.

All 12 had fake I-Ds and one had forged work papers. The workers were detained and then turned over to Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials.

An official says military police received a tip about possible illegal immigrants working on post. They checked 335 workers for identification and found 12 with false IDs. The workers' countries of origin were unclear.

KGBT 4 - TV Harlingen, TX: 12 illegal immigrants found working at Fort Bliss (broken link)
forgery and fake id's? u can't buy the argument that these illegals aren't thugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2007, 11:01 AM
 
12,620 posts, read 17,698,390 times
Reputation: 2988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
forgery and fake id's? u can't buy the argument that these illegals aren't thugs.
Alanboy395...Really they are just here to feed their families they are good people really...UGH....
Maybe we should bombard the liberals e-mails and offices with reports of these crimes on these threads and the horror stories because they aren't getting it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top