Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 11:31 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,669,503 times

Advertisements

Arizona had it right.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:08 PM

628 posts, read 1,316,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Arizona had it right.
Always thought they did! If the Feds had enforced the laws as they are written then none of this would be necessary. And this is the fault of the administration under BOTH parties.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:16 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
I believe they'll follow through and support Arizona, I only hope that their ruling forces the feds to take control over our immigration policy. NOT reform it, ENFORCE IT!

Old 04-25-2012, 12:23 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I believe they'll follow through and support Arizona, I only hope that their ruling forces the feds to take control over our immigration policy. NOT reform it, ENFORCE IT!

I agree with you, time to ENFORCE IT, NOT REFORM IT!

Old 04-25-2012, 12:29 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,495,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
The matter is one for the Congress to resolve, and, thus far, it's avoided the issue. During the Bush administration the GOP blocked attempts to adopt serious measures to deal with the immigration problem. There was more support on the Democratic side to do something about it. When the Democrats has control of both houses at the start of the Obama term they did nothing about it, either. Now we're back to a split Congress. Other than building a wall the entire length of the border with Mexico and then deploying enough soldiers to stand shoulder to shoulder that same length of the border ... the problem will remain unresolved. Until the economies and forms of government south of the USA improve substantially there will be a continual flow of people entering the country one way or another. I support strong enforcement, but believe it's a federal matter, not a state one. I also recognize we have a majority on the U.S. Supreme Court which is committed to rewriting established law and weakening the central government ... for political gain of the GOP. The Court will worsen the problem, not help to solve it. It'll be a lose/lose scenario. I sympathize with Arizona, California, Illinois and the other states with the highest number of illegal aliens. The cost of their presence is enormous.

Old 04-25-2012, 02:09 PM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Well, if this holds other States will follow and then the States holding out will have too to or they will get absolutely hammered with a deluge of illegal Aliens attempting to avoid going home.

Old 04-25-2012, 02:38 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,669,503 times
This administration is always on the wrong side of the law. Or they totally disregard it.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:15 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
The matter is one for the Congress to resolve, and, thus far, it's avoided the issue. During the Bush administration the GOP blocked attempts to adopt serious measures to deal with the immigration problem. There was more support on the Democratic side to do something about it. When the Democrats has control of both houses at the start of the Obama term they did nothing about it, either. Now we're back to a split Congress. Other than building a wall the entire length of the border with Mexico and then deploying enough soldiers to stand shoulder to shoulder that same length of the border ... the problem will remain unresolved. Until the economies and forms of government south of the USA improve substantially there will be a continual flow of people entering the country one way or another. I support strong enforcement, but believe it's a federal matter, not a state one. I also recognize we have a majority on the U.S. Supreme Court which is committed to rewriting established law and weakening the central government ... for political gain of the GOP. The Court will worsen the problem, not help to solve it. It'll be a lose/lose scenario. I sympathize with Arizona, California, Illinois and the other states with the highest number of illegal aliens. The cost of their presence is enormous.
You mean the GOP blocked amnesty? Since when is that a solution to the problem anyway? The Democrats are doing just the opposite. They are promising amnesty which will just encourage more illegals to come here. We don't need these millions here holding jobs that Americans need. Is that what you call a solution to the problem? I don't think so.

Our economy isn't going to improve until they leave. It will free up jobs for Americans who will in turn be paying into our tax coffers and buying goods. The states already enforce other federals laws. Why not immigration laws especially when it is impacting their state negatively? All sb1070 is about is allowing local LE to question those stopped for an infraction of the law first and when not able to provide a valid ID, investigation can continue about their status in this country. What's the big deal?

Political gain of the GOP? I have news for you, Democrats are using the cheap, illegal labor also. They are also pandering for the Hispanic vote. Hispanics historically have voted Democrat no matter what so just what political gain would the GOP be getting? I find it sickening that either party would pander to a certain group in direct conflict with our immigration laws.

The central government needs to be weakened. They are getting too big for their britches and corrupt to the core. States should have more of a say in their own policies, IMO.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:54 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post

I was part of the support to block amnesty. There's no need to adopt any "serious measure" or reform to the current immigration law.

The problem lies with enforcement!

Old 04-25-2012, 04:46 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,385,138 times
Absolutely!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I agree with you, time to ENFORCE IT, NOT REFORM IT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration