Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 05:20 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., is demanding answers after a report surfaced that a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent is facing punishment for arresting an illegal immigrant.
The unidentified agent could face a three-day suspension after he arrested a 35-year-old illegal immigrant from Mexico who had as many as 10 traffic violations.

Read more: Sen. Sessions wants answers as ICE agent faces suspension for illegal immigrant arrest | Fox News

This is blood curdling.

As American citizens, the odds are you might be forgiven during one traffic stop. Apparently, illegal aliens are being allowed to live as if this is their corrupt, lawless country. Obama's orders with respect to illegal aliens need to be rescinded immediately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 05:33 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Yes, it is alarming. 10 traffic violations means he isn't a safe driver and is putting lives at risk while he is behind the wheel. I guess just as long as he hasn't killed anyone yet with his reckless driving he is going to be treated as one of Obama's untouchables and the agent is being treated as the enemy.

Old 08-04-2012, 05:54 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,354 times
That's nothing....I've posted this story before. I knew some brothers that were here illegally that I would often see when I went to the barber shop for a haircut. One day one of them was missing...to make a long story short, he was sent to federal prison some where in the mid-west for 2 years for illegal possession of a handgun. The thing was he had been pulled over something like 15-20 times in the past and they found a gun but, it took all those times before he finally got locked up for it. I couldn't believe what I was hearing when they told me. Everyone in the barber shop was shaking their heads with their mouths wide open. Welcome to Phoenix.

Old 08-04-2012, 06:03 PM

153 posts, read 131,414 times
Which specific traffic violations?

Old 08-04-2012, 07:42 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Knight View Post
Which specific traffic violations?
Doesn't matter, once an illegal is identified by ICE or the Federal Gov't they are to be placed into deportation, at which point the illegal may, in some instances, ask for a hearing in front of the IJ or the AG can choose to not prosecute or ICE can even choose to not pick up the illegal, but a formal response must come from one or the other. The punishing of the officer in this case is unwarranted.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:47 PM

What exact traffic violations were they though? Speeding? DUI? It's a fair curiosity isn't it?

Old 08-04-2012, 07:49 PM

Quote:
What exact traffic violations were they though? Speeding? DUI? It's a fair curiosity isn't it?
Why? Infraction, violation, doesn't matter. Once identified as an illegal its the deportation process, Federal mandate.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:33 PM

It might explain why the officer was being penalized? I presume we want all the details before fully forming opinions here.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
It might explain why the officer was being penalized? I presume we want all the details before fully forming opinions here.
This story is nothing more then the shortened report from this: ICE Agents: Obama Won’t Let Us Arrest Illegals | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

Quote:
two supervising officers, including the acting field director, intervened and ordered the officer to release the illegal immigrant. The acting field director sat down with the illegal and explained that he was going to be let go because he was not a “presidential priority,” Crane said. In essence, the supervising officers took on the role of a public defender.
“You had the supervisors intervening with the alien to assist the alien and counsel the alien on avoiding receiving a charging document,” he said.
The officer’s supervisors ordered the officer to release the illegal – an order the officer refused.
According to a “Notice of Proposed Suspension,” dated July 19, the officer “failed to follow these supervisory instructions, when you arrested a non-targeted alien who did not appear to meet any of the ICE priorities.
Looks like the supervisors and field director are the ones that need suspended. Whether the illegal was a "priority" or not, once in contact and identified the illegal is to be placed into deportation proceedings, it is up to the IJ or the AG to prosecute and/or release the illegal, not field director or supervisors. The illegal had already been taken to an ICE office and fingerprinted.
Quote:
On March 27 he and another officer were conducting surveillance on a vehicle in Newark, Del. with plates that were registered to a criminal alien target. During the surveillance, they observed an individual get into the vehicle. The person was detained, questioned and taken to an ICE office so that his fingerprints could be run through a federal database.
The individual was not their criminal alien target. However, he was a 35-year-old illegal immigrant from Mexico who had ten previous traffic violations – including driving without a license.
“The officer made the determination using prosecutorial discretion that he would charge (the suspect) as being in the United States illegally and let the judge sort it out,” Crane said.
“That’s our place in the universe,” he said. “We’re supposed to make arrests and let the judges and the legal system sort through the details.”

Old 08-04-2012, 08:54 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yes, it is alarming. 10 traffic violations means he isn't a safe driver and is putting lives at risk while he is behind the wheel. I guess just as long as he hasn't killed anyone yet with his reckless driving he is going to be treated as one of Obama's untouchables and the agent is being treated as the enemy.
In addition to being an illegal alien, I'm sure that he can neither read or speak English. It's merely a matter of time before he kills someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration