Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 07:29 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times

Advertisements

Americans don't deserve work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 08:00 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Not just a few work permits -- a MILLION work permits to reward those who broke this nation's laws. That when they're lucky if job creation is 70,000 a month. That's going to take over a year of illegals grabbing up all the jobs before any would be available to Americans.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:07 AM

409 posts, read 497,865 times
You know, I may not be a total liberal, but these work permits are given to people who were brought here by their parents. They had little to no-say in the matter. I don't think that should count as "breaking" the law. They are in a very crappy position I'll admit, I mean I dunno what I'll do if I found out I'm essentially an non-entity in the US. Do I leave the country and go to a country where I have no connection, roots, or support network? Or do I stay and get crapped on? Glad I'm not them though.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:24 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Wait..only citizens are supposed to get SS numbers..everyone else gets an IITN.
Did they change the rules here ?

Old 08-02-2012, 11:28 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Americans don't want to. There are plenty of jobs out there. Sure some people will be underemployed but there are jobs to be done. Americans don't want to do them or come off of unemployment for them so documented, legal immigrants will do them.

First you complain about illegals taking American jobs, now you complain about them obtaining legal work permits. If all you do is talk on an anonymous forum then you really aren't doing anything to solve the "problem" are you?

Old 08-02-2012, 11:32 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
And don't forget the H1-B visas which is already maxed out for next year.
Besides the 65K allowed under H1-B there are other countries exempt from H1-B and have no cap on how many come here.

And these H1-B's are skilled workers..college degrees and all.
So tell me again how Americans "don't want to work". That is hogwash.

This is as good as when the H1-B "crisis" happened in the 90's and the cry was that we didn't have enough skilled workers in the US. Well those H1-B's REPLACED those workers and then the work went back to the county with that worker.

You are being fed a crock of sh*t with this "Americans don't want to work" and you're buying into it lock, stock and barrel.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:33 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post

i've learned one universal truth, and that is their is no such thing as an illegal alien in america nowdays

big corp keeping the back door open for practically free labor in the good ol usachina

Old 08-02-2012, 11:39 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronicCoward View Post
You know, I may not be a total liberal, but these work permits are given to people who were brought here by their parents. They had little to no-say in the matter. I don't think that should count as "breaking" the law. They are in a very crappy position I'll admit, I mean I dunno what I'll do if I found out I'm essentially an non-entity in the US. Do I leave the country and go to a country where I have no connection, roots, or support network? Or do I stay and get crapped on? Glad I'm not them though.
No, they didn't break the law but their parents did so why should their kids be rewarded for it? Many of these so-called kids aren't kids at all but adults. They have roots in their own countries. They were born there. Many if not most of them were taught their homeland's native language by their parents. Their parents certainly had no roots in this country but they apparently adapted to it when they moved here, didn't they?

It is Americans that are getting crapped on. That is one million jobs that could be held by Americans instead.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:43 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Americans don't want to. There are plenty of jobs out there. Sure some people will be underemployed but there are jobs to be done. Americans don't want to do them or come off of unemployment for them so documented, legal immigrants will do them.

First you complain about illegals taking American jobs, now you complain about them obtaining legal work permits. If all you do is talk on an anonymous forum then you really aren't doing anything to solve the "problem" are you?
No, there are not plenty of jobs out there. Americans couldn't get hired for those jobs if they wanted to because the greedy employers prefer the cheap, illegal labor. Many times unemployment pays more than those jobs. So why should they take those jobs for less even if they could get them especially if they have a family to feed?

They should not be here working here illegally nor legally. They should be deported. How do you know what those of us who are opposed to illegal immigation do outside of this forum to fight illegal immigration? I am very involved myself.

Last edited by Oldglory; 08-02-2012 at 12:55 PM..

Old 08-02-2012, 11:47 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post

Yes me and others complain because its an issue that is destroying America. & yes I have been active besides here trying to solve the problem.

Quote:
There are plenty of jobs out there. Sure some people will be underemployed but there are jobs to be done. Americans don't want to do them or come off of unemployment for them so documented, legal immigrants will do them
I would like to know where are these imaginary jobs? Maybe you could volunteer a list at the unemployment office.

Quote:
Americans don't want to.
Don't what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration