Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2012, 08:36 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
WICHITA, Kan. — When Candida L. Gutierrez's identity was stolen, the thief didn't limit herself to opening fraudulent credit and bank accounts. She assumed Gutierrez's persona completely, using it to get a job, a driver's license, a mortgage and even medical care for the birth of two children.
Kan. woman's 'total' identity stolen by illegal immigrant

But, let's not forget, ID theft by illegal aliens is a victimless crime. Plus, they aren't deliberately trying to harm anyone. No, they only do it to feed their starving families.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 08:46 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

But, let's not forget, ID theft by illegal aliens is a victimless crime. Plus, they aren't deliberately trying to harm anyone. No, they only do it to feed their starving families.
Unbelievable. Scumbag illegals sometimes destroy lives but we can't call them out in the New Normal...or should I say NUEVO Normal?

Old 10-26-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Unbelievable. Scumbag illegals sometimes destroy lives but we can't call them out in the New Normal...or should I say NUEVO Normal?
Crazy, isn't it? The Supreme Court ruling which gives them a free pass is even more insane. Watch this thief get a slap on the wrist.

After all, how could she have known the ID she stole actually belonged to a "real" person?

How could she have otherwise gotten a job to support her family, a driver's license to commute to and from work or run errands, provided her family with a comfortable home, or have insurance coverage for her maternity care?

Only the mean-spirited would condemn her for doing what was necessary to survive. She isn't a criminal. She's just a hardworking woman seeking a better life in a country that owes her an opportunity to pursue the American Dream. What a heartwarming story.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:12 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Crazy, isn't it? The Supreme Court ruling which gives them a free pass is even more insane. Watch this thief get a slap on the wrist.

After all, how could she have known the ID she stole actually belonged to a "real" person?

How could she have otherwise gotten a job to support her family, a driver's license to commute to and from work or run errands, provided her family with a comfortable home, or have insurance coverage for her maternity care?

Only the mean-spirited would condemn her for doing what was necessary to survive. She isn't a criminal. She's just a hardworking woman seeking a better life in a country that owes her an opportunity to pursue the American Dream. What a heartwarming story.
What I don't understand is why they have no conscience about harming American citizens and their families for their own personal gain.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What I don't understand is why they have no conscience about harming American citizens and their families for their own personal gain.
They consider it a means to an end. And, they're much too selfish to care about others. Many also believe most Americans can afford to lose money, and thus feel justified in stealing. Something is definitely wrong with people who are capable of such egregious behavior without an ounce of remorse. The only time they show regret, is when they get caught. But, they aren't sorry for ruining lives. They're only sorry their scam has ended.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:37 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
They consider it a means to an end. And, they're much too selfish to care about others. Many also believe most Americans can afford to lose money, and thus feel justified in stealing. Something is definitely wrong with people who are capable of such egregious behavior without an ounce of remorse. The only time they show regret, is when they get caught. But, they aren't sorry for ruining lives. They're only sorry their scam has ended.
I guess that is why I also don't understand how anyone can defend these people and even advocate for them to be able to remain here.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
I guess that is why I also don't understand how anyone can defend these people and even advocate for them to be able to remain here.
You are not alone. I guess our moral compass is different.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:22 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
I don't get it either.

That's why I voted for Pete Sessions for Congress again. He has a good anti-illegal immigration record.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:04 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:

Hey why not? Obama is promising some really big rewards to these people. Felony document fraud only counts if it's an American citizen committing the crime, when an illegal does it, it's not a crime at all. The politicians know full well that a very large portion of their beloved illegals are committing felony document fraud and identity theft --- but no problem --- they plan to reward them with easy citizenship, a nice college education -- whatever they want.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:23 AM

385 posts, read 615,268 times
DHS/ICE needs to go through all the employees at that food packing plant with a fine tooth come. The employer had to know years ago that there was a problem based on the report made, and they did nothing to stop it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration