Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 11:16 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
“Some people call me crazy and, yes, it's hard to understand being undocumented and being for the candidate of self-deportation and no amnesty for immigrants,” said Casas, 28, a landscaper from Port St. Lucie, Fla., who has been living in U.S. for 12 years. “But, yes, I am supporting Mitt Romney to become the next president of the United States even though he pretty much doesn't want me to contribute and serve this country.

“But other undocumented Romney supporters are like me; they saw the DREAM Act fail because not enough Democrats voted for it and know it's all a political game — some Democrats don't want immigration so they can use it against Republicans in each election. We think Romney talks about self-deportation to satisfy his conservative base, but if there's someone who can do something for immigrants, it's going to be Governor Romney. ”
Illegal immigrant backing Romney - San Antonio Express-News

Will wonders never cease?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2012, 11:31 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times
a member of a marginalized group

Ya, along with every other criminal that are being "marginalized" for a reason. They are criminals.

Old 11-01-2012, 11:46 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This makes no sense at all. Not enough Democrats voted for the Dream Act? Well guess what, hardly and Republicans voted for it at all. Romney will do something for "immigrants"? What does that mean?

Old 11-01-2012, 11:48 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
This makes no sense at all. Not enough Democrats voted for amnesty? Well guess what, hardly and Republicans votes for it at all. Romney will do something for "immigrants"? What does that mean?
These fools haven't realized that Politicians are just that, lying for votes. They won't touch it any more than they absolutely have to as it is the 3rd rail. There will be no mass amnesty. I said it before Bush, I said it before Obama.

Old 11-01-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
These fools haven't realized that Politicians are just that, lying for votes. They won't touch it any more than they absolutely have to as it is the 3rd rail. There will be no mass amnesty. I said it before Bush, I said it before Obama.
Exactly! Not to mention, as an illegal alien, he has no vote. So, his "support" means zilch.

Old 11-01-2012, 11:58 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Exactly! Not to mention, as an illegal alien, he has no vote. So, his "support" means zilch.
You're right so what the heck is this guy talking about? Is this an admittance that some or many illegal immigrants vote in our elections or is he being delusional?

Old 11-01-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
You're right so what the heck is this guy talking about? Is this an admittance that some or many illegal immigrants vote in our elections or is he being delusional?
I think it's a combination of both. They now feel so emboldened by our pandering, spineless government, that they actually believe their opinion will influence our election. And, I have no doubt some illegals will be voting.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:42 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Yes they vote -- or you wouldn't see politicians pandering so much for their votes.

I have actually talked with an illegal who says he thinks an amnesty would be a bad idea - and in his own words, he said that the reason is that so many people would come running over here for it that it could hurt the illegals already here. He said that if there's an amnesty, nothing stops Central Americans from coming over, and that they'll work for a whole lot less than Mexicans -- and there wouldn't be much stopping them from taking his job.

Also this guy is smart enough to see that limited labor supplies actually benefit even illegals, he stands a chance at getting paid better if there aren't so many. Kind of ironic but at the same time it shows some aren't all stupid.

Old 11-01-2012, 11:03 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,848,445 times
Quote:
"Supporting" does not necessarily mean "voting"...

Old 11-03-2012, 04:39 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,963 times
I think Casas got it. He realizes Obama's promises are nothing but pandering for votes, and that Democrats, for all their supposed support of illegal aliens, couldnt muster enough votes among their own to pass the DREAM Act. He knows there will be no amnesty, because for all the Democrat's talk, they don't want an amnesty. What will they use to attract Hispanic voters next election if there's an amnesty? This is one carrot on a stick that's too good to let go. He's also seen what will happen in the unlikely event there is an amnesty---millions more illegal aliens to replace the newly amnestied.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration