U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-15-2007, 04:54 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 710,450 times
Reputation: 32

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Name one country - just one, that has no requirements for lawful permanent residency in their country - just one without a permanent immigration policy
im not disputing the need for the law. im disputing the law as it is written.

 
Old 10-15-2007, 04:56 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 710,450 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
then theres the 4/5 thousand dollar types that get money from family already here. Why dont they just back and forth like everyone else
what is your point?
 
Old 10-15-2007, 04:57 PM
 
2,257 posts, read 3,454,903 times
Reputation: 469
My point is your facts and therefore argument are suspect
 
Old 10-15-2007, 04:57 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 710,450 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
About dot com and a Canuck economist

you'll have to do better with your

"facts"
the about.com write-up cites a world bank report. and a college professor is decisively more educated on this topic than you. he cant be published unless his writing is reviewed by peers and deemed accurate.
 
Old 10-15-2007, 04:58 PM
 
1,510 posts, read 710,450 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
My point is your facts and therefore argument are suspect
what does that have to do with method of transport across the border? you are all over the place.
 
Old 10-15-2007, 05:05 PM
 
2,257 posts, read 3,454,903 times
Reputation: 469
Hes not decidely more educated on this topic. My wife is from Asia (she immgrated legally) I went through the process step by step and know immigration law.

As far as the social problems in Mexico I have a couple of liberal arts degrees , I know the political and economic forces that shape our world. My wife sure would love to bring over some of her family to work (and if you think Mexico is poor visit a province in the PI) but she cant. So she does what she can for them now that she is a naturalized citizen.
 
Old 10-15-2007, 05:06 PM
 
2,257 posts, read 3,454,903 times
Reputation: 469
thats what I was thinking about you



Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
what does that have to do with method of transport across the border? you are all over the place.
 
Old 10-15-2007, 05:06 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,374,882 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
im not disputing the need for the law. im disputing the law as it is written.
Our law is far less restrictive than many, many other nations on the face of the planet -

There are countries that if you illegal immigrate imprision you for a long time THEN deport you -

Or worse
 
Old 10-15-2007, 05:08 PM
 
Location: Sacramento
13,755 posts, read 23,226,054 times
Reputation: 6092
Ya' know, this is getting a bit tiresome.

Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top