Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 10:11 AM

265 posts, read 665,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Anyone watch the democratic debate last night on MSNBC? They didn't play nice and pretty much ganged up on Hillary. But what really caught my attention was when they asked if she thought illegals should be given drivers license and she said that "it makes sense." So Hillary wants to reward illegal aliens with driver's license. What do you think of this?
A great many of them don't know how to drive and I mean that very seriously.
They also need a few lessons in common ( not so common ) courtesy.
Lines; one doesn't push, shove and cut in line
the passing lane is for cars driving faster then
the right hand lane.
Junk on the back of trucks should be secure.
5 people do not sit in the front seat of the average truck.
Walking across a busy street; don't wear dark clothing in the middle of the night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 10:36 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,198,531 times
God help us if hit-woman Hillary gets elected next year.:-(

Old 10-31-2007, 10:50 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,372 times
People, after getting the impression that your government, or at least some members of it support illegal immigration, an idea came to my mind of what are the real reasons, I'm gonna start a thread about this.

Respect!

Old 10-31-2007, 12:07 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,159,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting View Post
A great many of them don't know how to drive and I mean that very seriously.
They also need a few lessons in common ( not so common ) courtesy.
Lines; one doesn't push, shove and cut in line
the passing lane is for cars driving faster then
the right hand lane.
Junk on the back of trucks should be secure.
5 people do not sit in the front seat of the average truck.
Walking across a busy street; don't wear dark clothing in the middle of the night.

Yes and they could try to use the crosswalk instead of jaywalking..

Old 10-31-2007, 12:12 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,878,618 times
Hillary is her own worst enemy and she's hurting her own party as well. This is why I say GO HILLARY!!! What a fool she is! "Smartest woman"...HAH!!!

Old 10-31-2007, 01:37 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,508,604 times
Hey, didn't a poll show something like 72% of New Yorkers did not want to give illegals driver licenses? And she's a senator in NY? I think she's alienating her own state! Yeah! Bye, bye to Hillary.....

Old 10-31-2007, 04:51 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times
Default Does Hillary really believe that democrats favor illegal immigrant rights?

I am so disappointed that hillary clinton did not have the backbone to say that giving drivers' licenses to illegals is wrong. chris dodd had the best response by saying that driving is a privilege. haven't we always had that hammered into our heads since we were 15? if i could find a republican or independent who is pro-gay rights, pro choice, i would SO like to cast my first non-democratic presidential ( dem since 1984) vote for that person. hillary, please reverse your opinion!

Old 10-31-2007, 04:53 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,258,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I am so disappointed that hillary clinton did not have the backbone to say that giving drivers' licenses to illegals is wrong. chris dodd had the best response by saying that driving is a privilege. haven't we always had that hammered into our heads since we were 15? if i could find a republican or independent who is pro-gay rights, pro choice, i would SO like to cast my first non-democratic presidential ( dem since 1984) vote for that person. hillary, please reverse your opinion!
Don't worry give her a few minutes and she probably will!

Old 10-31-2007, 05:15 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,392,840 times
Quote:
Look into Ron Paul more he might persuade you or maybe not but....
He doesn't support typical liberal Democrat positions but many issues he thinks should be left to more local governments,which could include liberal issues depending on your area.

I too on the flip side am fed up with many typical Republicans.For years I have given Repubs my vote and a benefit but from now on they must earn my vote.If none of the front runner Dems support your issues I suggest voting possibly for a 3rd party that does,which I will do if Ron Paul doesn't make it.

There are core issues of our country involved these days besides one issue voting.Too many politicians in both major parties feel too cozy thinking people will just go along if they throw them a bone.And that won't change until people start voting for who they really think should be in office,not just voting to keep someone out.

Old 10-31-2007, 05:26 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
Quote:
hope i am managing to keep on topic. a good post i will rep for this one.
admin does not want to stop illegal immigration because its good for mexico and good for the usa economy.
hillary and others are trying to legalize a black market system. but they have not found a way to do it.
illegal immigration, out resourcing and exporting jobs hurts american workers but american workers are strong anti union and very loyal to the company.
(even if its now kelly girl and mcdonalds)
this will change when they get poor. everyone seems to have forgotten oakies picking peaches for 5 cents a bushel in california. amazing how the good life causes amnesia.
thanks good post. hope i did not ramble too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration