Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 03:57 PM

140 posts, read 111,971 times

Advertisements

It has been said that the flood of illegal immigrants into this country is reaching 'epidemic proportions.' Tuberculosis, hepatitis, dengue fever, chagas, and even leprosy are being imported into the U.S. inside the bodies of illegal aliens.
Illegal immigrants are setting up so-called "colonias" just inside the states of New Mexico, Texas, and Arizona. These shanty towns are comprised of cardboard shacks and huts made with cast-off building materials. They have no sanitation, and are surrounded by mounds of garbage. The estimated 185,000 illegals share their makeshift towns with armies of rats.

A few examples:
  • One of the imports to this country is chagas disease. It is caused by a parasite known as trypanosome. It is a blood-borne disease and is spread by triatomine insects. The parasite burrows into human tissue (usually in the face), where it then begins to multiply.
  • For 40 years, the number of recorded cases of leprosy within the United States totaled 900. Today, we know of more than 7,000 current cases of leprosy in the U.S.

(Most of those in the U.S. who are suffering from leprosy are from Mexico,India, Brazil, and the Caribbean.)
Once thought to be nearly eradicated in this country, TB is now making a strong comeback.
  • In the 1990's, cases among foreign born Americans rose from 29 percent to 41.6 percent. Antibiotic resistant strains from Mexico have migrated to Texas. Since three years ago, 16,000 new cases of TB were discovered in the United States. Half were foreign born. Strains of TB once only found in Mexico have migrated to the border states of Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, and California.
  • In 2001, New York's Tuberculosis Control Program discovered that 81 percent of that city's new cases of TB were attributed to immigrants.
  • Cases of TB are now being found in many areas of the country, where there are high concentrations of illegal immigrants. In March of 2002, The Washington Post reported that Virginia's Prince William County experienced a 188 percent increase of TB infections over the previous year. Yes, the streets of Prince William County are over-run with illegal aliens seeking day-laborer jobs.
  • Last year, the rate of TB in the northern part of Virginia rose 17 percent.
The threats posed to our country by illegal immigration are many and our political leaders will undoubtedly continue to ignore them. Our own president is willing to place all Americans at risk, in exchange for securing the Latino vote for the Republican Party.

If left unchecked, illegal immigration will destroy this nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2007, 09:42 PM

402 posts, read 1,061,391 times
I know four people who have contacted TB in the past 2 years. The father/grand father contacted it working is a shelter where illegal aliens resided. He in turn passed it on to his 2 grand children who have both tested positive. Grandpa is in Isolation in Nevada and can not leave until he has completed his treatment. The children can not attend school for the time being either. Lord know how many other people the Grandpa passed this disease on to before he was diagnosed. And there is one other person I know who has TB.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:09 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,704,817 times
Unfortunately, it is basic common knowledge that anyone coming from a "third world country" is more likely to be carrying diseases.

Old 11-04-2007, 10:42 PM

491 posts, read 829,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsmith View Post
[color=black]Illegal immigrants are setting up so-called "colonias" just inside the states of New Mexico, Texas, and Arizona
Oh yes, Also in CITYS in S California.
They have these trenches of raw sewage running behind shanty row's.
They also use Peso's for money

Old 11-04-2007, 10:47 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,952,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe L View Post
Oh yes, Also in CITYS in S California.
They have these trenches of raw sewage running behind shanty row's.
They also use Peso's for money

LOL! I never knew that. I lul'd at that.

Old 11-05-2007, 07:47 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,149,739 times
After seeing what my ex had to do to get a visa, I became more anti-illegal than ever.

If you want an immigrant visa to the USA, you have to have a medical exam at your own expense where you are checked for infectious diseases. They also assess your medical history and your mental health, and if they suspect drug use they test you for that.

They also run extensive background checks...just ask anyone whose loved one has been stuck in FBI namecheck hell for 12-18 months. Yep, it takes that long sometimes.

Then we have these grabby criminal illegals who just walk across the border and demand rights. You don't have any rights here, you don't deserve any....the only right you have is to turn around and take your butt back where you came from, then get in line like everyone else. Can't get a visa? Boo-hoo. Work for change in your own country.

Illegals make me sick.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:35 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,508,923 times
Yet another reason that makes it impossible to allow this to go on. What will it take?

Old 11-05-2007, 12:01 PM

402 posts, read 1,061,391 times
I can't understand why those who can pay a smuggler Thousands of $ to come over here....why can't they pay the costs to come over legally? So they have to wait for however long it takes. At least their lives are not threatend by the smugglers who could give a rat's patootie for their safety. How many thousands have died left in freight cars, or closed trucks stranded in the desert? ETC.

Old 11-05-2007, 01:22 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw2 View Post
I can't understand why those who can pay a smuggler Thousands of $ to come over here....why can't they pay the costs to come over legally? So they have to wait for however long it takes. At least their lives are not threatend by the smugglers who could give a rat's patootie for their safety. How many thousands have died left in freight cars, or closed trucks stranded in the desert? ETC.
The reason many don't want to go the legal route is because they know they have a snowball's chance in hell of being granted access to the US for myriad reasons. It is not just a question of money.

Old 11-05-2007, 03:57 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
The reason many don't want to go the legal route is because they know they have a snowball's chance in hell of being granted access to the US for myriad reasons. It is not just a question of money.
Is it not a nations right to deny a visa? Many things on the surface may seem obtuse if not down right wrong. Look deeper. The laws are set up to protect us the tax payers from an uncontroled burden. That burden being people coming here with no means to support themselves, criminal history's, diseases,amoung other things.
If denied oh well thats how it goes. I may be denied a loan but that does not give me a right to rob the bank.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration