Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 02:25 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
yes an economic boom would occur.
NO, this is all assumption. An economic boom would only occur if the immigrant (college educated) paid more in taxes then they used in services. All major immigrant related reports state as much.

Low income immigrants use more in services then they pay in taxes, many (using your assumed claim) would be at a negative tax rate.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:01 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Throw them all to the lions!

Old 07-28-2013, 05:49 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
It goes beyond that. This anti-illegal issue includes race. You never hear people complain about the illegal Russian and Eastern European immigrants that come in droves to this country. But you hear people complain about Hispanic and now Chinese immigrants. And most of those complaining are right wing conservative neocons, many of which hold racist and xenophobic views that they won't directly admit. It's pretty obvious what is going on with regard to some of these rants. These same wing nuts don't even like hearing another language spoken aloud in public even if the conversation doesn't involve them. It goes beyond immigration. For them, they see it as an attack on their culture. They are just fascists. I know many of these people and they don't like some LEGAL immigrants if they are not "Americanized enough" They are just uneducated racist trash.
Uh; I'm of Irish family and I DON'T want Irish illegal aliens in the US, even tho MOST Irish people are "white".

Some Chicanos who DON'T speak Spanish HATE it when Mexicans do just that. Are those Chicanos "racist" because of that?

Old 07-28-2013, 09:09 PM

115 posts, read 306,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vox populi View Post
No it does not. There is no comparison between Eastern European immigrants who can not come here illegally by definition - since you have to have an entry visa - and those who simply pass the border.

Just on a level of education Eastern Europeans are far far ahead Latinos and Chinese coming here illegally.

And being better educated means simple - quicker integration into society.

I know plenty of Eastern Europeans - all managed to convert their initial visas to green card, all of them either validated their diplomas and work in their speciaalties or studied something else. Others opened businesses.
Almost NONE are on government support through anchor babies or other schtick.
You're right about one thing. Eastern Europeans do need a visa to come here. But since we are using anecdotal data, all of the ones that I know only got their green cards through a fake marriage when the visa expired. Some of them will even marry their own cousins just to become legal. Every single man I know in this area has been approached at one time in his life to marry an illegal Eastern European woman for several thousand dollars. The person I mentioned in a previous post (the one who brought her aging parents here), did exactly that to become legal. All while her and the guy she "married" carried on with other relationships. All she did was have her mail sent to his house. The immigration interview to tell whether they were committing fraud was easy because they were friends. I don't know where you live, but this scenario is VERY common around here.

And none of them are on government support? Really? Around here it's the Eastern Europeans and Dominicans that have the anchor babies. At least the illegal Mexicans and Chinese come to NYC just to work. As always, I'm amazed at the regional differences in illegal immigration around the country when I come to this forum. I cannot imagine what it must be like to live out west. Totally different from what I'm used to.

Old 07-29-2013, 05:03 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
It goes beyond that. This anti-illegal issue includes race. You never hear people complain about the illegal Russian and Eastern European immigrants that come in droves to this country. But you hear people complain about Hispanic and now Chinese immigrants. And most of those complaining are right wing conservative neocons, many of which hold racist and xenophobic views that they won't directly admit. It's pretty obvious what is going on with regard to some of these rants. These same wing nuts don't even like hearing another language spoken aloud in public even if the conversation doesn't involve them. It goes beyond immigration. For them, they see it as an attack on their culture. They are just fascists. I know many of these people and they don't like some LEGAL immigrants if they are not "Americanized enough" They are just uneducated racist trash.
Russian , east european etc. You hear about it plenty. Every time someone talks about illegal immigration. Most of us understand that illegal is illegal and not dependent upon race. The fact that hispanics get the most attention is because of the fact they account for the vast majority of illegals.
The race card is played by the pro illegal side trying to guilt people into accepting illegals.

Old 07-29-2013, 06:53 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Russian , east european etc. You hear about it plenty. Every time someone talks about illegal immigration. Most of us understand that illegal is illegal and not dependent upon race. The fact that hispanics get the most attention is because of the fact they account for the vast majority of illegals.
The race card is played by the pro illegal side trying to guilt people into accepting illegals.
Yes, and those pulling the race card are usually a part of the ethnic/national group that are here by far in the largest numbers. They twist our objection to illegal immigration as just being racist towards Hispanics when we object to all illegal immigration. When one has no viable argument to support their advocacy for those here illegally from their own ethnic group they start grasping at straws and turn the race card outward instead of inward.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:31 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Harrier saw a Hispanic guy working in a Chinese restaurant the other day.
You see that all the time here.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:47 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,848,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
You see that all the time here.
And the commentary is because these individuals are perceived as illegal immigrants?...

Old 07-31-2013, 01:12 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,664,868 times
I do not want these people here. 40% of illegal aliens are visa over-stayers, most of them from Asia. And quite a few of them are working in technology fields, doing jobs that quite a few Americans would gladly do if given the opportunity.

Go home, illegal aliens from Asia...we don't want you here, and calling us the R-word doesn't change the fact that you're here illegally and therefore do not belong here, so GTFO...

Old 07-31-2013, 01:22 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,703,194 times
It's good that we have the "asian side" of illegal immigration...because this section of the forum is all against brown people. Yep, you guys are good for giving the hispanics a break. I salute you! ::
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration