Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 08:29 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,497,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Just think Los Angeles is in the United States, could it be a problem with the US? Guns? TV-Media, Drugged society?

I always hear L.A. come up when it is about crime, simply because there are Mexicans there. L.A. has been a race war for decades, since WW2.

But, did you know L.A. has less crime than San Francisco? St. Louis, Detroit, and Gary, Indiana?

Didn't you move away from L.A.? Why didn't you stay and fight for your city?

Point is, L.A. had legal citizens fighting in the streets way before the illegals were considered a problem. Stop trying to portray Mexican culture as something evil.
The rest of America may very well be on it's way to becoming the Next
California if Illegal Immigration isn't stopped.

We are a Nation of Laws and these laws must be obeyed.

California Shows Results of Illegal Aliens
Date published: 4/1/2007

This in response to the letter to the editor from Alicia Payne
["Legislators, we want to see how you vote on illegals," March 23].

Ms. Payne ended her letter with a phrase that formerly made my blood
boil--"Do we want Virginia to become another California?"

Our immigration-driven population grew by 4 million in the past decade, and
at current rates will increase by 6 million at the next census.

In spite of that population increase, more than 80 emergency rooms closed
because of nonpaying patients.

California's prisons are bursting at the seams, with the nation's highest
recidivism rate. We have the highest teen-birth and school-dropout rates.

Of our 6.5 million students, 2.5 million are in Limited English Proficient
classes (California has one third of the nation's total LEP students).

Even though we passed a citizen initiative making English the state's
language, our out-of-control legislators have held debates in the capitol in
Spanish.

The FBI estimates that half of the more than 100,000 gangsters in Los
Angeles County are deportable illegal aliens who outgun the police.

Well, you get the idea why I no longer take offense when people use my
once-Golden State as the bad example that your state will follow into chaos
if you allow the corrupting system of illegal immigration to become more
established in your state than it already may be.

Fredericksburg.com - California shows results of illegal aliens
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2007, 08:34 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,172,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
If your claiming that US citizens are being kidnapped in the USA, and taken over the border, I would like to see the reference. We had an extensive discussion about this a few weeks ago and the claim was never substantiated. I believe the focus was the Laredo area, but if you have something showing this is actually happening, I would welcome the reference.
No I am talking about kidnapping of business owners for ransom here in the Dallas area - one was the owner of a prominent Tex-Mex seafood restaurant - he was murdered and the culprits tried to flee to Mexico (one made it). Another was the owner of a small business who was taken to the Waco area but escaped with some very serious injuries. The perpetrators and victims were Latino, some legal and some illegal - the restaurant owner's widow is Anglo.

But it was reported by news stations that 40-something Americans have disappeared in the border areas - I heard the report but I don't have any proof unless I can do some googling. There's no doubt Nuevo Laredo is one of the most dangerous places on the planet.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:46 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,343,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
This is Mexican culture,

Disclaimer the photos presented here aren't in any way meant to create any profit or disrespect copyright laws.

Fair use - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
So, obviously, they do NOT mistreat Mexico as they do the U.S. Why is that?

Last edited by Marka; 12-04-2007 at 06:48 AM.. Reason: edited quote

Old 11-27-2007, 10:27 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,438,946 times
[quote=junkman18;2091025]
Quote:
This is Mexican culture, For every positive picture you can post their are many times more that are
not. Try to post pictures of Los Angeles culture. Lets get real and tell it like it is.

Gang rivalry grows into race war - Los Angeles Times
Junkman, LA is a city located in the United States of America, that's not Mexican culture, that's Chicano culture, a culture that was created by the fusion of American and Mexican influences, comparing Chicano culture with Mexican culture is like comparing Spanish with Portuguese or Mexico with Brazil, they are similar, they come from a common root, but they took different paths.

Although like everything in this dual world, I'm sure Chicano culture has both, positive and negative things, like any culture.

Mexican culture is very diverse btw, every state has it's own culture, so it's hard to say what's Mexican culture, however there are some things that bond us together

Old 11-27-2007, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
That's fair enough. Instead of looking at Mexican crime in LA, look at Mexican crime in Mexico.

From the US Dept of State:

Mexico
Andrea with all respect, crime in America is no better than crime in Mexico, you live there, you should know about it.

School shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

School Killers

CNN In-Depth Specials - Are U.S. Schools Safe? (http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/1998/schools/ - broken link)

Beltway sniper attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Amish: Massacre at the Amish school in Nickel Mines, PA

Old 11-27-2007, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
a beautiful place and culture..so why the mass illegal immigration from this part of the world?
You tell me my dear friend

we need to untie the gordian knot, don't we?

Old 11-27-2007, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Believe me; with the riffraff that we already have here of any race/ethnicity--------the last thing we need is an immigrant 'culture' trying to tell us Americans what to do. Be it Mexican, Irish, Hungarian, etc.

Assimilate or leave.

Why I am such a hardass these days is due in large part to our worthless cabal of criminals AKA the US government putting foreigners ahead of citizens.
Well my friend at least you are seeing US government true colors, that's a start.

Unfortunately all the governments in the world are corrupt, even countries like Finland or Denmark that have the lowest corruption indexes have some corruption, that's why governments should be trusted by their actions and not blindly (imho)

Old 11-27-2007, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
We need to find out, we really need to, and stop this, I feel bad about illegal immigrants who made a mistake but have good intentions, but of people that doesn't respect or care for their new home not, I don't hate them though and I still love them and forgive them but obviously some action is needed.

But again not all illegals are that kind of people.

Btw I've never said it publicly in the forum before because I had my doubts, but I was a victim of an illegal immigrant from Uruguay, this guy was a criminal, he didn't affect me only but my friends and a lot of people who got to know him, he didn't only affect people but he also seriously (insert your favorite bad word here) a lot of people, but even with that I still think that illegal immigration should be abolished.

If someone wants to know the story let me know and I'll post it.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:03 PM

Quote:
We need to find out, we really need to, and stop this, I feel bad about illegal immigrants who made a mistake but have good intentions, but of people that doesn't respect or care for their new home not, I don't hate them though and I still love them and forgive them but obviously some action is needed.

But again not all illegals are that kind of people.

Btw I've never said it publicly in the forum before because I had my doubts, but I was a victim of an illegal immigrant from Uruguay, this guy was a criminal, he didn't affect me only but my friends and a lot of people who got to know him, he didn't only affect people but he also seriously (insert your favorite bad word here) a lot of people, but even with that I still think that illegal immigration should be abolished.

If someone wants to know the story let me know and I'll post it.
So you feel bad about illegal immigrants ? Do you feel bad for the millions of Americans that have been victimized by them? It doesn't make any deference how you want to stick up for them, if the illegal or their anchor baby were not in the U.S that crime could not have been done to an American. And all the millions of American victims of your illegal aliens and there anchor babies would still be happy today.

Save America and the American people
Close the borders and close them now.
Deport them ever one of them now.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
Maybe it's because they may go home someday after they depleted America for everything they could. You can believe most of Mexico doesn't look like the pictures that this illegal sympathizer posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration