Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 01:07 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,150,148 times

Advertisements

Why do spanish men stare at white women more? - Yahoo! Answers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 01:08 PM

69 posts, read 272,844 times
It's probably because women would like to have kids and give them a nice place to live with a nice future.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:11 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,493,695 times
In many spanish cultures it is flattering to a woman to be stared at.

Ever been to Miami? Or Spain?

Old 11-29-2007, 01:18 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,371,712 times
I don't think women are more concerned than men. I think more women post on forums. Every male I know is concerned.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:19 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
that is not what the poll just posted indicates.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:22 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,441,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
I'm not a female, but I can guess why women are so afraid of illegal aliens. Women are petrified of violent crime. How many times do they have to hear about illegal aliens beating, gang raping, or murdering innocent females or children before they become concerned about the situation?

Heck, it wasn't too long ago that a poster in this very forum posted a link detailing how a young woman was gang raped by at least a dozen illegals. The very fact that illegals are willing to violate a bunch of laws of laws to work here, including: stealing a job, violating our border, stealing a Social Security number or an ID, drive without a license, and without insurance, would seem to indicate at the very least illegals have a propensity for criminal behavior.
I posted that story about the young woman. Yes it is horrible women and children seem to be victims the most but let us not forget animals too. The sad thing is if these crimes were happening to men on a large scale something would be done about it I mean serious laws would be put into place.
But because it is women and children psh psh. Lets wait until some parent lobby's for change before we actually do something about it.

Thanks Hawk, for remembering that story about that poor woman.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:36 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,146,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I have noticed this too Travelling Fella, curious why so many opposed to immigration seem to be women.
Why? Because women are supposed to be soft and permissive and liberal? Does that mean we're supposed to be doormats too?

Old 11-29-2007, 01:39 PM

Quote:
In many spanish cultures it is flattering to a woman to be stared at.

Ever been to Miami? Or Spain?
The prevailing culture here is not "Spanish", and the predominant ethnic group in this country is not Hispanic...so why should we accept being stared at when we find it offensive and intimidating? I've had groups of Hispanic laborers say the most vile and disgusting things to me (in Spanish) when I've been in traffic or walking, and I *hate* it. It's SICK.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:41 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,493,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
The prevailing culture here is not "Spanish", and the predominant ethnic group in this country is not Hispanic...so why should we accept being stared at when we find it offensive and intimidating? I've had groups of Hispanic laborers say the most vile and disgusting things to me (in Spanish) when I've been in traffic or walking, and I *hate* it. It's SICK.
I wasn't excusing the behavior, I am just giving background on the possible reasoning.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:42 PM

Quote:
I wasn't excusing the behavior, I am just giving background on the possible reasoning.
They need to understand that this isn't Spain, Havana, or Mexico DF. This is America, and that sort of behavior is considered extremely rude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration