Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 09:28 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times

Advertisements

when i lived in lost angeles, i had heard about people who went to cty hospital and claimed to be illegal to get free healthcare. in fact, i had even read that some of the cty hospital's case load were foreigners who would fly in and take advantage of the "free" services that lost angeles cty hospital (usc) had to offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2007, 09:35 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,704,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
when i lived in lost angeles, i had heard about people who went to cty hospital and claimed to be illegal to get free healthcare. in fact, i had even read that some of the cty hospital's case load were foreigners who would fly in and take advantage of the "free" services that lost angeles cty hospital (usc) had to offer.
Innocent here, wehotex . . . but it sure sounds like a winner to me. WHY NOT?

Old 12-08-2007, 10:09 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,678,600 times
If there is a way to scam the system someone will do it.

Old 12-08-2007, 10:19 PM

377 posts, read 684,813 times
I also know of people from the United States going to Mexico, Cuba, and India for cheaper medical treatment however.

Last edited by Swordfish; 12-08-2007 at 10:40 PM..

Old 12-09-2007, 08:43 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,149,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish View Post
I also know of people from the United States going to Mexico, Cuba, and India for cheaper medical treatment however.
Yes, but they PAY for it. Illegals stick us with the bill.

Incidentally, it's illegal for a US citizen to set foot in Cuba without the US government's permission.

This is also a problem in the UK; they call it "health tourism."

Old 12-09-2007, 10:10 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,704,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish View Post
The key word here, Swordfish . . . is CHEAPER!

A far cry from TOTALLY FREE at the expense of other taxpayers to the point many facilities in this country are shutting down.

Old 12-09-2007, 03:20 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,437,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Yes, but they PAY for it. Illegals stick us with the bill.

Incidentally, it's illegal for a US citizen to set foot in Cuba without the US government's permission.

This is also a problem in the UK; they call it "health tourism."
ND, what do you think about the prohibition of going to Cuba? do you support it?

Old 12-09-2007, 04:01 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Personally - I support the embargo of Cuba

Old 12-09-2007, 05:49 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,149,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
ND, what do you think about the prohibition of going to Cuba? do you support it?
I don't see the point, because whatever problems Castro has he blames on the United States because of the embargo. It doesn't matter that Cuba trades with every other nation on earth and we're the only country to ban our citizens from traveling to Cuba without permission. Cuba SHOULD be fine, but it isn't. That's not our fault, but as long as the embargo is in place plenty of Cubans are prepared to believe that it's our fault.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:53 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
I don't see the point, because whatever problems Castro has he blames on the United States because of the embargo. It doesn't matter that Cuba trades with every other nation on earth and we're the only country to ban our citizens from traveling to Cuba without permission. Cuba SHOULD be fine, but it isn't. That's not our fault, but as long as the embargo is in place plenty of Cubans are prepared to believe that it's our fault.
For real!

The embargo is only in place because of the loud and active Cuban ex pat lobby in Miami. Period.

"Oh, bad bad communist Cuba!"

"Hey China, sell us more toys!"

Does THAT make any sense?! Plus, we need to end the awful wet foot/dry foot unfairness ASAP!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration